Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Looking for a fully set up TT

I want, no I NEED, to get the vinyl going again! My old Technics table was destroyed in our recent move. I have a nice collection of records sitting around collecting dust.

I'm not a cartridge roller or anything and not looking for something fancy. To be honest my hand-me-down Technics table sounded great to me. So what I'm looking for is something ready to go, easy to maintain, easy to operate, basically hassle free and reliable. I'd really appreciate some direction fellas.

I'd like to stay under $300 but can stretch a little. I realize the budget isn't huge so I'm willing to go the used route too.

I'm sure you're aware of this but many people say the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon is the budget king. A little stretch but probably worth it.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Member Sales Rating: (6)

I'm not sure if it sold or not but EntersShadow had a Project Debut for sale here on the board for right around your budget. Not sure if it had the carbon arm or not. That would be my recommendation also or a Technics SL1200. I've been seeing a few around lately in the $300 range. It seems as if the price hikes the 1200s were taking after Technics ceased production are moderating somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfish View Post
    I'm not sure if it sold or not but EntersShadow had a Project Debut for sale here on the board for right around your budget. Not sure if it had the carbon arm or not. That would be my recommendation also or a Technics SL1200. I've been seeing a few around lately in the $300 range. It seems as if the price hikes the 1200s were taking after Technics ceased production are moderating somewhat.
    Looks like he sold it but I wasn't a fan of the white anyway :P

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm looking into that table now.

Has anyone here tried the U-Turn Orbit Plus? Is it any good? It's right in that ballpark in terms of price.

Quote Originally Posted by payneinthe View Post
    Has anyone here tried the U-Turn Orbit Plus? Is it any good? It's right in that ballpark in terms of price.
    Good read about this table and the one mentioned above.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-turntable/

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have the ATLP120...it is still my first table because I didn't know how involved I wanted to get on this side of the tracks. I can say that I am pleased overall. No real complaints. I did replace the original cart with the Shure M97xE as well as not use the onboard phono and it got even better.
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/ele/4435919939.html

If I did not already have 3 tables this would be mine heck of a deal if you could talk him into shipping you would be getting a heck of a deal.

If you like this and think its a deal which it is I could demo it for you, you talk to the guy get him to pack the you know what out of it I could probably ship it for you for around 25 smackers depending on where in So Cal your at. These things are 24lbs well packaged 30 lbs. these go for $875 new he was asking $399 a couple of weeks ago now at $299 you are within your budget and getting a heck of a deal. I would enjoy helping you out.

The U-Turn stuff is getting great reviews. http://uturnaudio.com/
    Project is a favorite of just about any one ( I have put a few in myself). http://www.project-audio.com/main.ph...tables&lang=en
    If you want a unit that is close to your Technics check out the Audio Technica LP120: http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/tu...772/index.html

+ remember if you hate any unit you buy new you can normally return it in 30 days.

I also have to give this cartridge a shout out, the Shure M97xE: http://shop-us.shure.com/p/m97xe-aud...hono-cartridge
    Can be found for around 50 bucks now: https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...d=0CPgDEKkrMAA
    2CH Setup.
    CM9
    Sonos Pre-Amp
    Crestron CNAMPX16x60 (Bridge Mode)
    MIT AVT2 Interconnects

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    http://quadcities.craigslist.org/ele/4435919939.html

If I did not already have 3 tables this would be mine heck of a deal if you could talk him into shipping you would be getting a heck of a deal.
    That is a smoking deal! To the op, do yourself a favor and take Gudnoyez up on his offer! Thats one of the best deals I've seen in a long time.

I would be more than happy to if the OP contacts the seller and works it out I get good shipping deals, I should get this one myself, but don't need another table. Helping fellow members out is what it is all about.

I would be more than happy to if the OP contacts the seller and works it out I get good shipping deals, I should get this one myself, but don't need another table. Helping fellow members out is what it is all about.
    That seems like an amazing deal and a gracious offer. The cartridge alone looks like it sells for about $550.

That's awfully nice to offer that. I'm in the same boat you are but if I were in the market for a turntable I would have PM'd you hours ago! Again to the OP, this is a smoking hot deal!

Just sent you a PM gudnoyez and really appreciate the offer. I also just contacted the seller and we'll see if he's up for it.

Sounds good let me know what he says if he goes for it you will be getting a nice TT

Thread Information