Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default John Hiatt and Lyle Lovvit

Anybody see this show? What did you think? I'm thinking of going at the end of the month.

Well despite all the replies to this thread I decided to go. Wound up with 3rd row seats in a packed house. The show was terrific! 2 guys, 2 guitars for more that 2 hours. They took turns player their particular tunes and played a couple together. I'm not real familiar with Lyle's music but John was awesome. He play what most would want to here: perfectly good guitar, Tennessee plates, drive south, have a little faith in me, thing called love, buffalo river home, etc. He also played a few songs I wasn't familiar with.

These guys really seemed to enjoy playing together. The conversation between song was pretty cool also. I would highly recommend checking out this show if you haven't seen it in the past
    HT
    Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/PWS111 Sub
    2CH
    NAD 304 integrated/NAD 402 tuner/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RT2000p
    BR
    Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5

Glad you enjoyed it I have seen John Hiatt a few times the last time was when he was supporting Master Of Disaster, also seen him touring off the Tiki Bar Is Open, met him had him sign my Tiki Bar Is Open poster told him I had just seen R.L. Burnside a couple of nights before and he told me he knew him and had the pleasure of playing with him before, heck of a nice guy.

I'am not familiar with Lyles stuff I just know he was married to Julia Roberts.

Glad you liked the show, Easy. I've never seen John Hiatt live, but I've seen Lyle Lovett and His Large Band a couple of times and Lyle and his smaller group once. Each of those shows was fantastic! I'm sure John and Lyle were great together. When Lyle played here with his Large Band, there was usually 12 to 15 musicians and singers on the stage at any given time and all of them were extremely talented. Very enjoyable. Each show lasted more than a couple of hours and had no opening act and it didn't seem to drag on at all. Lyle's stories and jokes between some of the songs were hilarious. What a great wit!

At the last of these shows (outdoors at the zoo amphitheater), this past summer, it had been over 90 and way humid all day and they played for over 2-1/2 hours. Wearing suits and ties!! It was sticky out there just sitting, drinking beer and watching, wearing shorts, a tee and sandals, let alone a long sleeved shirt, tie and jacket under hot lights! Yikes! And not once did they ever even mention the weather. We were good little fans that night - bought CDs of Lyle's, Keith Sewell's (from the Big Band - guitars, banjo, mandolin, fiddle, bass and keyboard!) and Luke Bulla's (fiddle and guitar). Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    I'am not familiar with Lyles stuff I just know he was married to Julia Roberts.
    What a mismatch that was...HE was way too good for her!

Even if you're not familiar with his music, I can't imagine you not enjoying his show, Steve. When you have that much talent on the stage at one time, it's hard to not enjoy yourself. Unless, of course, it's a rap show - just MY opinion! :-p

Thread Information