Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Wee bit of a problem with a transaction here

I purchased an item from a member here almost a month ago and it hasn't been shipped. I've contacted the seller on two occasions asking for updates and was told both times that the item would be shipped out the next day. The last communication was on 7/18 and I was told that the item would be shipped out the following day. I haven't received the item and have received no further messages from him. This particular member has been regularly active on the forum since the last communication and has posted as recently as yesterday.

I do want to make a few things clear. I told the seller that I was in no rush to receiver the item and I'm not. And the item itself was free. I did however send money to cover shipping which wasn't necessary but felt it was only fair. So I'm not out of a lot of money when it comes down to it. But I was told twice that he would send the item out the "next day". Both times I waited anxiously for it in the mail and was nervous that it might be dropped off by the carrier and possibly stolen by a nosy passerby/neighbor. I understand that I told him that I was in no rush but when it was understood that the item WOULD be shipped off then certain expectations are made. If he isn't going to ship it for whatever reason, I feel it's only fair that he lets me know and at least send me my money back.

Again, it's not that big of a deal. I would very much like to receiver the item in question. What's the best way to handle this from this point? Or am I being too picky and demanding? Again, the item was free. Should I just let it go and if it gets shipped, it gets shipped?

Thanks
    Last edited by Kenneth Swauger; 08-05-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Display: Sony KV-34HS420 34" CRT
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX
    Fronts: Polk RT1000p
    Center: Polk CS400i
    Surrounds: Polk RT55
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

Quote Originally Posted by HTguru1982 View Post
    ...Both times I waited anxiously for it in the mail and was nervous that it might be dropped off by the carrier and possibly stolen by a nosy passerby/neighbor. I understand that I told him that I was in no rush but when it was understood that the item WOULD be shipped off then certain expectations are made...
    There's the rub. He should either ship it tomorrow or tell you that he's not going to ship it. It's just common decency...
    Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Yaqin MC-10t --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's

In the Bullpen
    Adcom GFA-555ii
    Luxman R-115

Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto

I think you should talk via phone if you have the # or reqest it via PM and talk it over. There may have been some health or family issues that have come up that has complicated the transaction. I agree you have a right to be perturbed due to him not following thru with what was agreed upon where it is free or $1000 the principal is the same. That being said, with it being a free item, I would be more willing to let some things slide a little more and give the seller the benefit of the doubt for now. I think it's best not to post screen names until you at least have another chance to talk and try to work it out. You have been more than patient, but I would still give the guy another chance to follow thru. He probably feels bad for it and just has a lot on his plate that has put shipping it on the back burner even though he said he would the next day twice.... Best of luck working it out.

HTguru1982,

Once you sent the money for shipping, it changed the dynamics from my perspective. I would be more inclined to let the matter go though. If you can purchase the item from somewhere else, I would go that route and notify the member that you are no longer interested.

Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    HTguru1982,

Once you sent the money for shipping, it changed the dynamics from my perspective. I would be more inclined to let the matter go though. If you can purchase the item from somewhere else, I would go that route and notify the member that you are no longer interested.
    agreed. But he would like his shipping money returned im sure--sometimes shipping is slow too
    Last edited by boston1450; 08-05-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    RANDY
    ~SDA2b Adcom gfa555 565pre 555t 600cd Pioneer PLa35d
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer
    ~Marantz 2252b 5025b 6300tt Tech-a4010s monitor 7b
    ~Yamaha cr2040 Advent2 Monitor 10a
    ~Rotel RV555 monitor 4 series 2 -office-
    ~Pioneer seQ404 headphones

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Give the guy another call and see whats up. If he refuses to answer any attempts to contact him, you'll have to out the dude and let us know.

Once that happens, it gets handed over to the Polk collection agency, which is really just one person, Cfrizz. Cathy will be glad to show up with her persuasive attitude along with the Polk registered Louisville Slugger with nails coming out the end. Normally she never has to use it, the steel toe biker boots and brass knuckles usually do the job after 5 seconds. Trust me on this, whoever this guy is won't want to go there, she's been hounding me over 4.95 for 10 years now. Had to move twice....changed my name, went into the Polk witness protection program too. If this guy doesn't talk to you, PM Cathy directly....if you dare.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Give the guy another call and see whats up. If he refuses to answer any attempts to contact him, you'll have to out the dude and let us know.

Once that happens, it gets handed over to the Polk collection agency, which is really just one person, Cfrizz. Cathy will be glad to show up with her persuasive attitude along with the Polk registered Louisville Slugger with nails coming out the end. Normally she never has to use it, the steel toe biker boots and brass knuckles usually do the job after 5 seconds. Trust me on this, whoever this guy is won't want to go there, she's been hounding me over 4.95 for 10 years now. Had to move twice....changed my name, went into the Polk witness protection program too. If this guy doesn't talk to you, PM Cathy directly....if you dare.

You know she's comin' at ya with at least 200 watts too. That's a lot of power!
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Tonyb,

I guess your refusal to pay the 4.95 must be because you like being chased by Cathy.

Quote Originally Posted by D_M View Post
    Tonyb,

I guess your refusal to pay the 4.95 must be because you like being chased by Cathy.
    It does make for an interesting cat and mouse game. Just once I'd like to be the cat though.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    You know she's comin' at ya with at least 200 watts too. That's a lot of power!
    last I heard, she's sportin 405 wpc!

I like chasin my prey dontcha know. by the time I get serious and catch you Tony you won't have enough energy to move, then I'll close in for the kill. Thanks for the laughs fellas!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

I thought everyone knew not to do business with PFB?!?

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by codyc1ark View Post
    I thought everyone knew not to do business with PFB?!?
    I think we were given a bit of a clue, in that the offender has posted as recently as yesterday... My eyes are watching ALL of you sumbiches
    Attached Images  
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

That's why I never come to a Polk Fest Cathy. I'm scared stiff thinking about getting beat about the head for 4 hours straight.

Good news. I got in touch with him and the item was shipped today, tracking # and all. I hate that I brought this up but all is well. He apologized and I consider it water under the bridge.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

Good to hear.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Great news. Glad you both got it worked out and I know for me Life gets in the way of Life and doing what you want or should sometimes.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Good news. I got in touch with him and the item was shipped today, tracking # and all. I hate that I brought this up but all is well. He apologized and I consider it water under the bridge.
    Threatening him with Cfrizz and Buford T Justice gets it done every time.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Or, as my mother used to say, "Water over the bridge and under the dam!" Yes, that is exactly how she said it!

Glad you worked it out.

Somebody better tell Cathy, she's probably already wiped off the blood on those brass knuckles from the last poor soul and put a new spit shine on 'em.

Well, as Sergeant Preston would say, "Well, King, I guess this case is closed".

.... uh..... say, Ms. Cfrizz, do you ever do any 'contract' work ? There's a boss at my work that is seriously need of 'correction".

Fraid not BBL, there are simply too many of them to go after. I only go after those that don't deliver the goods after taking the money, or not sending the money after delivery.

BTW who is Sgt Preston & King?
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

Member Sales Rating: (55)

Quote Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
    BTW who is Sgt Preston & King?
    They were the guys who were on right after Sky King and Circus Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    They were the guys who were on right after Sky King and Circus Boy.
    How does he remember that ?

Name:  Sky King Phone Call.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  33.8 KB

Oh, I see ! I had the hots for Penny, too.

Member Sales Rating: (55)

The same time slot as Rin Tin Tin and The Buster Crabbe Show.

Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    The same time slot as Rin Tin Tin and The Buster Crabbe Show.
    Thank you Mr. Grand...for making my 38 years feel young again.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Ahh, ok. they were either before my time or I just wasn't old enough to care! LOL I remember watching reruns of RTT. The only show that I can remember that regularly featured a German Shepard.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Referencing any of those shows from my youth will get me blank stares from my co-workers.
    "help me MR. Wizard!" only works with people over 55.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sucks2beme View Post
    Referencing any of those shows from my youth will get me blank stares from my co-workers.
    Dude, that's too deep for todays youth. Getting a blank stare only requires one to ask what time it is.

"Rin Tin Tin" was cool, but I never much cared for cadet "Rusty". I always hoped that in one of the episodes he'd get a tomahawk in the face.
    It never happend, though.
    Still, it was a good show although it would have been better with the tomahawk thing.

"Annie Oakley" was cool, too. No tomahawk for her !

Thread Information