Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Why didn't you link the entire thread, afraid folks would see where Emo tried to dupe folks by rebadging their amps and doubling the price. Yeah, great company there....went over like a lead balloon.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...eed-cheap-amps
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Which Forum might that be Please...
    I'm not advocating Emo I'm just not hearing the brightness that others may hear or not hear , just like everything else in this hobby it's all subjective if you like then you like it..F1nut it's not like you to blatantly attack Emo without justification unless you truly want all Emo traffic banned or bullied..
    Just cut out the crapping, everything in the audio world has had an issue or 2, for me the latest to surface is Bluefoxes issues for that MONEY it should never happen, yes they are fixing it for nothing as will EMO in 5 years warranty..

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    So, I'm reading a thread on another audio forum where the OP has built some speakers that are a bit rolled off at the top end and he's looking for a bright amp. Emo amps got recommended the most....go figure, LOL

Your attack on my character shows your lack of it.

Nobody cares? Hmmm...couldn't be why they are discontinuing the brand, could it?

BTW, you'll get much better bass out of your AR9's by removing the granite slabs and spiking the speakers directly to the floor.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

An eye for an eye, buddy. I'm not quite a "turn the other cheek" kind of guy.

I don't really care why they are discontinuing the brand. All I care is that they keep producing one heck of a product, while maintaining fantastic customer relations and support.

That may be true if I had a concrete floor, but my main living room floor is wooden. If I directly couple the speakers to wood via spikes, they lose the "isolation" factor and all that bass just goes to shake my floorboards instead. The granite acts as a plinth, so that vibration is not transmitted. As an extra precautionary measure, I added spikes to the AR9's just to see how the combination of spikes and a plinth would work, the results were pretty impressive, but I believe that is due to the fact that the uneven bottom of the speaker was "rocking" on the plinth before the spikes, and the spikes helped to stabilize the speakers.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by SHOKDU View Post
    An eye for an eye, buddy. I'm not quite a "turn the other cheek" kind of guy.

I don't really care why they are discontinuing the brand. All I care is that they keep producing one heck of a product, while maintaining fantastic customer relations and support.
    I wonder if certain company's have employees join forums to defend the product

The difference here, sport, is that I didn't attack your character, which is always an act of desperation.

You clearly do not understand how speaker spikes work.

All I care is that they keep producing one heck of a product, while maintaining fantastic customer relations and support.
    Must be why you had to send those Airmotiv 6's back twice for repair.

Dang...Brock was right along about this troll.
    --Gary--

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    ... everything in the audio world has had an issue or 2, for me the latest to surface is Bluefoxes issues for that MONEY it should never happen,
    How did I get dragged into this? Everything breaks in electronics. Hopefully it will break under warranty if it is going to happen. How many satellites have been lost due to electronic failures, and they cost more than my power conditioner.

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    I wonder if certain company's have employees join forums to defend the product
    I'm sure they can, but google search my username if you must. I have no affiliation with anybody. I'm just a dude who lives in Alaska who loves cars, audio gear, guns, photography, knives, and hunting.
    The difference here, sport, is that I didn't attack your character, which is always an act of desperation.

You clearly do not understand how speaker spikes work.

Must be why you had to send those Airmotiv 6's back twice for repair.
    It's easy for me to say that you dont understand how speaker spikes work as well. Spikes are for vibration isolation and to minimize contact area, as well as provide level footing for the speaker. If you have some alternate theory, I'd love to hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by halo71 View Post
    Dang...Brock was right along about this troll.
    Oh how the times have changed, from the boy who cried "wolf" to the internet mobs crying "troll".

Shokdu your now arguing in two threads regarding emo stuff, give it a rest or pass me the salt for the free popcorn your handing out

Oh, and the only reason that the Airmotiv6's went back to Emotiva twice was because I had bought remanufactured speakers to begin with during the warehouse sale. The failure was most likely due to a long, bumpy ride to Alaska. The first time was because one of the drivers had completely ripped itself from the enclosure, and the second time was because the box got dropped hard enough that a board inside the speaker cracked. Both fault of FedEx handlers. Emotiva graciously fixed the issue both times, and I now have fantastic speakers in my office that have lasted for me and only cost me $300.

Oh how the times have changed, from the boy who cried "wolf" to the internet mobs crying "troll".
    ermmmm.....huh? never mind.....
    --Gary--

I did not start these Emo bashing and defending threads! Your boys here were liable for the eruptions. Somebody tries to disparage a product I own, and take pride in...sure I'm going to defend my investment. The product bashing is quite insulting for the people who own the product. There are much more tactful ways of leading people to better equipment, if that's the goal of things.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Did I read somewhere in this thread that EMO is discounting their amps.....if so, I am be interested in a new HT amp
    Home Theater (5.1)
    Optoma HD-25LV PJ
    Pioneer SC-63 AVR
    Pioneer BDP-95F
    Parasound HCA 1205
    Monster 2500 Power
    Polk RTIa9
    Polk CSIa6
    Polk FXIa6
    Polk DSW 600

Music Setup
    Polk LSiM703s
    Music Hall A70.2 Integrated
    Music Hall 25.3 DAC
    Cambridge 640 v2 CDP
    Yamaha T-1 Tuner

Emo amps are infamously known to be bright, the same way the Polk RTi A series speakers are. Those are facts and is in no way bashing. The fact that you can't handle the truth is all on you.

If I directly couple the speakers to wood via spikes, they lose the "isolation" factor and all that bass just goes to shake my floorboards instead.
    Spikes are for vibration isolation and to minimize contact area
    So, which one is it?

So, I'm reading a thread on another audio forum where the OP has built some speakers that are a bit rolled off at the top end and he's looking for a bright amp. Emo amps got recommended the most....go figure, LOL
    Was waiting for this to begin.
    TV: 70" LED Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D
    Fronts: Martin Logan Electromotions --- Center: Martin Logan Motion 8
    Front Heights: Polk RC65i --- Rears: Polk RC85i --- Sub: Power Sound Audio XS15
    Onkyo TX-NR818 --- Emotiva XPA-3 --- Oppo BDP-103 -- 2 Channel: Mapletree Line 2A tube preamp modified

Oh, and the only reason that the Airmotiv6's went back to Emotiva twice was because I had bought remanufactured speakers to begin with during the warehouse sale. The failure was most likely due to a long, bumpy ride to Alaska. The first time was because one of the drivers had completely ripped itself from the enclosure, and the second time was because the box got dropped hard enough that a board inside the speaker cracked. Both fault of FedEx handlers. Emotiva graciously fixed the issue both times, and I now have fantastic speakers in my office that have lasted for me and only cost me $300.
    Your post here would certainly indicate the problem was not shipping related.

Post by shokdu on May 23, 2013 at 11:55pm
    I wanted another pair of Airmotiv 6's, but the last set I bought during the last whse sale was $240 cheaper than I was quoted this time around. Not even worth buying the remans at the quoted price if you ask me, better to buy new as my last pair of remans had to go back to Emo twice due to failure.

I've always liked teledyne era Acoustic Research own a couple pair myself I wish I had the AR9's which I'am positive will kick the snot out of the Motiva6's. be proud of those and 3.1tl's you own

Your post here would certainly indicate the problem was not shipping related.
    I only posted that because I was upset at Emotiva for raising the price on remans as I wanted to buy another set. I was hoping to strike a bit of a soft spot with Emotiva and get them to lower the price again so I could buy a second set for the same price as what I bought the first for. It didnt work, I still only have one set. :(

Why don't you give up trying to crucify me already?

Even IF my speakers had to go back due to actual mechanical failure of some sort, how is it relevant to this thread? Are you trying to prove that Emotiva customer service is fantastic, and that they have an incredible warranty (5 years, no questions asked), even on thier remanufactured gear as well (5 years)?

If so, way to go! You're amazing at promoting Emotiva. Positive, or negative promotion is still promotion. You should think about becoming part of the emotiva team. They have a couple career positions available; http://emotiva.com/contact/careers

Sure, whatever you say.

Still waiting on which of your comments about spikes is the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    I've always liked teledyne era Acoustic Research own a couple pair myself I wish I had the AR9's which I'am positive will kick the snot out of the Motiva6's. be proud of those and 3.1tl's you own
    The AR9's are quite amazing, and yes, they beat almost everything else I've ever owned. The only reason I say "almost" is because I have a slight fuzz sound out of the tweeters, UMR's, and the LMR's. The fuzz has been there with the numerous amps, pre-amps, and sources I have tried. I know where it is coming from, and that is the attenuator network. The only network that I left untouched when I refurbished those speakers. Someday I will either defeat the attenuator network, or replace all the switches and resistors. For now, the slight fuzz is so minimal, and non-noticable, they are at the bottom of my priority list. Re-capping, re-sealing, upgrading binding posts, re-covering, and re-veneering the 3.1TL's is near the top of my list. :)

Sure, whatever you say.

Still waiting on which of your comments about spikes is the right one.
    Not gonna give you the satsifaction, champ.

LOL......yeah got ya, chump.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Name:  poster46162320.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  147.0 KB

I did not start these Emo bashing and defending threads! Your boys here were liable for the eruptions. Somebody tries to disparage a product I own, and take pride in...sure I'm going to defend my investment. The product bashing is quite insulting for the people who own the product. There are much more tactful ways of leading people to better equipment, if that's the goal of things.
    So, I guess your bashing standards don't apply when you're talking about Carver Amazing speakers.

11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
    SHOKDU

I think they are junk and should be sent to a new home. The junkyard prefferably. Maybe, just maybe...take the drivers out and set them up as "pins", then use the cabinets as "bumpers", get out your bowling ball, and go speaker bowling! Then haul to the junkyard after you have thorough beat the dog sh*t out of them with your big heavy balls. Bowling balls that is.

If you where half the detective you think you are, you'd realize that the dude who owns the Carver Amazings is user Emotiva!, now, go back to my introduction thread and see that Emotiva! is the first guy who posted under me. He is a buddy, and I was being extremely sarcastic about the speaker bowling. He was sitting next to me as I typed it, laughing pretty dang hard.

Get a life, please. You're really interrupting mine. Ignore, from here on out.

Name:  -1.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  32.5 KB

My, you've got an explanation for everything, don't ya.

With all this experience in audio it's surprising that you don't know the proper function of speaker spikes. Just saying.....

With all this experience in audio it's surprising that you don't know the proper function of speaker spikes.
    Name:  28098_spiky-emo-hair-330x494.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  144.7 KB

Now Mike, you're just going to confuse our new friend even more than he already is.

Thread Information