Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sc-07

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Sc-07

A guy is selling one with "little use" as he says, for $500.00. Has all accessories. Decent deal?
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

I picked up a SC-05 with manual, remote and mic a couple weeks ago on Craigslist for $300. But the SC-07 is a more expensive model than the SC-05.
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD, Pangea AC-14 PC
    Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100 | Dish HDTV
    Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000
    Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi3 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds | Polk Subs: PSW125-12", PSW303-8"
    Douglas Connection: Furez DCF124BW, DCF92 SC's
    AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI | Monster: M-Series M850SW, Ultra 1000FO Toslink, Ultra 800 HDMI IC's
    Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets

Two of my buddies have the 05 and 07 the 07 started having HDMI handshaking issues forcing him to by a New Denon..
    Apparently Pioneer is aware of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Two of my buddies have the 05 and 07 the 07 started having HDMI handshaking issues forcing him to by a New Denon..
    Hmmmm. I have had no problems with the vsx-23. I imagine it is intermittent, but would suck to get one that jitters now and then.

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

I bought a SC-1522-K, which is the same as the Elite SC-65 at Costco on sale for $600. Woot had the SC-65 and SC-67 a few weeks ago on sale new for $600 to $900 depending on the model.

Some best buys and frys electronics still have the older models in stock, which are selling for 40% off.
    AVR: PIONEER SC-1522-K
    FRONT L/R: MONITOR 70 II
    CENTER: MONITOR 25C
    SURROUND L/R: JAMO S426
    SURROUND BACK L/R: ENERGRY EF-500
    SUBWOOFER: DUAL KLIPSCH RW-12D

SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: SAMSUNG PN50A650

When you look around at 07's on CR, prices are as high as $800. Not a surprise given the $2200 MSRP. But for $800 on can find most of the SC models in the used market...even as high as the SC-67 model. Not something the seller thinks about but as a buyer it is something to consider.

Also, for $500 one can fine the SC-25, 35, 37, 61 models used.

Here is an Elite SC-35 for $515 in the Cincinnati area: http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/3899907627.html

Here is an SC-25 for $560 shipped on ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Elit...item2c7138737a

So, you just have to figure out what features and specs of which model works for you and the given used price that you can find.

Myself, I hope to get lucky and find an SC-37 for $400. Yeah, I may be waiting for awhile. But, I have time....and need time to get my play money together....because with that I'll also need new wire and cables...and maybe an Elite or Oppo BluRay. Mo money, mo money! LOL!
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Pioneer Elite SC-65 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday
    OPPO 105 | Squeezbox Touch | Odyssey, or HALO A21 amp | DIY Statements towers

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Would this be something that could be fixed with a firmware update from Pioneer one day or would it be a hardware problem that causes something like that?
    Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pioneer BDP-51FD, Pangea AC-14 PC
    Sony Bravia KDL-46S4100 | Dish HDTV
    Monster PowerCenter HTS 5000
    Polk: RTi8 Towers, CSi3 Center, F/Xi3 Surrounds | Polk Subs: PSW125-12", PSW303-8"
    Douglas Connection: Furez DCF124BW, DCF92 SC's
    AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI | Monster: M-Series M850SW, Ultra 1000FO Toslink, Ultra 800 HDMI IC's
    Acoustic Treatments OC703 | Dynamat: Components, Baskets

I don't think that will be fixed with firmware. On my last Onkyo the HDMI board had to be replaced. I asked if the firmware had anything to do with it, and the tech guys said no. I know it's a different brand, but most devices are designed by a few common manufacturers.
    AVR: PIONEER SC-1522-K
    FRONT L/R: MONITOR 70 II
    CENTER: MONITOR 25C
    SURROUND L/R: JAMO S426
    SURROUND BACK L/R: ENERGRY EF-500
    SUBWOOFER: DUAL KLIPSCH RW-12D

SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: SAMSUNG PN50A650

Member Sales Rating: (14)

I find it cool and disturbing all in the same breath. On one hand I'm so happy for you guys to be able to buy such high end receivers for such little money. On the other hand I'm disturbed how they don't hold their value at all.

So why ever buy new when you can buy slightly used for so much less? Really whats the attraction other then no one ever touched it?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    I find it cool and disturbing all in the same breath. On one hand I'm so happy for you guys to be able to buy such high end receivers for such little money. On the other hand I'm disturbed how they don't hold their value at all.

So why ever buy new when you can buy slightly used for so much less? Really whats the attraction other then no one ever touched it?
    That's my philosophy. Only thing I bought new are my speakers. I like to get in when the value has leveled off so I can buy and sell without losing much dough.

I don't think $500 is an exceptional deal on the SC-07 but it's a decent price on a good piece of hardware. If it has all the features you're looking for what can you readily find that's better for the same $$$?
    Display: LG 47" LCD | AVR: Marantz SR5005 | BD: Panasonic BDT-210 | CD/SACD: Oppo 980 |
    Amps: Rotel RB-990bx | Marantz MA-500 | Speakers: Totem Mite : Totem Mite-C : RC60i | Sub: HSU VTF-2 MKIV

HK AVR635 | Polk R30 | Sony DVD/SACD Player

I like the power the 07 offers and the dacs.seem top notch. Not gonna jump into anything quite yet

Thread Information