Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (9)

My go to beers right now are Sierra Nevada Tumbler, Ayinger Octoberfest, and when I'm feeling flush Southern Tier Pumking.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Where have all the beer threads gone?
    Long time passing
    Where have all the beer threads gone?
    Long time ago
    Where have all the beer threads gone...
    Gone to barley, every one
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?
    all the best,
    mrh

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I am also a craft beer fan. I've recently been getting into home brewing. A home brewing supply company just opened next door to the tattoo shop I work at.
    Sony KDL-55EX500 TV
    Sony BDP-S570 blue ray player
    Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver
    Front L/R: Polk RT55i
    Front high: Polk RT25i
    Center: Polk CS245i
    Surround: Polk RT35i
    Sub: Polk PSW505

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Picked up some Oktoberfest beer:

Hacker-Pschorr and Sam Adams

Great time of year for beer!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_natural78 View Post
    I am also a craft beer fan. I've recently been getting into home brewing. A home brewing supply company just opened next door to the tattoo shop I work at.
    Nothing to do with beer, but you may be interested in these.
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4110771557.html

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Nothing to do with beer, but you may be interested in these.
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4110771557.html
    I just left him a voicemail. Thanks a lot. Very much appreciated.
    Sony KDL-55EX500 TV
    Sony BDP-S570 blue ray player
    Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver
    Front L/R: Polk RT55i
    Front high: Polk RT25i
    Center: Polk CS245i
    Surround: Polk RT35i
    Sub: Polk PSW505

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I'm havin an Elysian Red IPA tonight. An interesting twist on an IPA with it being a Red. Very very good and I recommend it.

Edit: Damn, we need "widescreen" back.....
    Attached Images  
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Had a 3 Flloyd's Alpha King and Dreadnaught with pizza yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustin View Post
    Had a 3 Flloyd's Alpha King and Dreadnaught with pizza yesterday afternoon.
    Just had a zombie dust. Pretty good. Was at the brewery thus past summer. Want to head back for dark lord day some day.

My son has attended dark lord day the past 3 years. It is getting more and more expensive. the Floyds have some good beer but they are very snobby. Was in LA last week at a local brewpub called Golden Road. They only distribute local and their beer and food is very very good. They cater to everyone from craft beer snobs to families with small children. Very refreshing.

So I swung by the craft beer cellar in Belmont yesterday and picked up the following for a tasting. This is our 14th month in a row doing beer tastings with a group of 10 guys. Its my night to host.

From left
    Port Brewing - Santa's Little Helper
    Joshua Norton - Imperial Stout
    Breckenridge Brewing - Christmas Ale
    Troegs - Mad Elf Ale <-- don't know bout this one.....
    Uinta Brewing - Bristlecone Brown Ale
    Hebrew - Messiah Nut Brown
    (Not shown) Ipswich - Oatmeal Stout

I'm also ordering my 1/6th barrel of Wachusett Milk Stout tomorrow.

Yay!
    Attached Images  
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something - MH

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

Be careful handling the Mad Elf. There is no heat from the alcohol at the finish and they go down too damn smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
    Be careful handling the Mad Elf. There is no heat from the alcohol at the finish and they go down too damn smooth.
    Well said. Usually I'll buy a bomber around Christmas and split it between myself and a couple buddies.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Not reading the bottle beforehand had me second guessing the cherry flavor. As long as it has a Christmasy taste, that is all im looking for.
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

It depends what kind of Christmasy taste you're expecting. No Allspice or nutmeg in this one. The honey and cherry are a nice balance to the beer's malt flavor. Not overt in the least.

Looking forward to to Anchor Christmas Ale on tap this year.

If I can't get the milk stout, I will have another keg of anchor Xmas....its that good!!

MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

My keg of Anchor Steam Xmas will be here in a week. :-)
    I didn't even ask about the Wachusett Milk Stout. The belly wants what the belly wants...

MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

If you haven't had a swill of the Anchor Xmas yet, you're in for a treat. They tweaked the recipe this year with what tastes like an additional ingredient that works quite well. Very yummy!

Also best serving temperature seems to be 50-50+

I've never "gotten" the Anchor Christmas beer. That Mad Elf is pretty damn good though!
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

My all time favorite winter beer
    Name:  5374919382_e83903cdd3_z.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  210.8 KB
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

This is my 2nd keg. I didn't know the temp but I keep my kegerator at a constant 50degrees. I hate freezing cold beer.

Never heard of Shiner...send me some :)

MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

Shiner is probably a Texas thing, the brewery is in a small town not too far from here. They have a ton of great beers, but the Holiday Cheer is my favorite. It's like their Bock with a hint of pecan and apricot flavor to it, they only have it from October-January.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    I've never "gotten" the Anchor Christmas beer. That Mad Elf is pretty damn good though!
    The Trogner brothers cooked up a winner with The Mad Elf. It's dangerous though, each bottle of beer should come with its own
    MSDS sheet and an OSHA warning symbol on the label....a brain in a jar of formaldehyde perhaps.

Last Yuletide season I was drinking it like a watered down summer cerveza because it's not overly rich tasting or filling and the smoothness belies the speech slurring 11% ABV. I was putzing around the house getting little things done and when I realized I needed to throttle back....too late, lights out.

You need to pick 6 some Anchor Xmas Ale. I highly doubt you'll be disappionted.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
    It depends what kind of Christmasy taste you're expecting. No Allspice or nutmeg in this one. The honey and cherry are a nice balance to the beer's malt flavor. Not overt in the least.

Looking forward to to Anchor Christmas Ale on tap this year.
    Had a pint of the Anchor Christmas Ale last week. It's very good this year. Not the best brew I've had of it (I think that was the 2006 or 2007 year?) best a very good one.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

B Run...I've had Shiner here in Wisconsin, but just the bock. I liked it quite a bit. I'll have to look for that "cheer". I've got a store about 20 min from here that carries a pretty good selection of beers.

I also like Anchor Steam so I'll have to see if their Christmas Ale is available around here.

Side note...I had some Bud Light left over from a party this weekend. On Sunday, I sat down for the Packer game and started popping back a few. Been awhile since I've had a light beer honestly, and it sure does taste watered down after drinking craft beer for awhile. I probably had 8 or 9 and didn't really even feel much of a buzz, and didn't really enjoy drinking them either.

I understand I sound like a beer snob, but I guess I'm at the point where I prefer quality over quantity...and trust me...I've put back enough light beers in my life.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Side note...I had some Bud Light left over from a party this weekend. On Sunday, I sat down for the Packer game and started popping back a few. Been awhile since I've had a light beer honestly, and it sure does taste watered down after drinking craft beer for awhile. I probably had 8 or 9 and didn't really even feel much of a buzz, and didn't really enjoy drinking them either.
    The fact of the matter is....YOU SURVIVED! Friends don't let other friends drink BL. It's a manlaw.

I'm finally having my first Founder's Breakfast Stout of the season. Every year i forget all about how it tastes, buy it because i know i've had it before and then remember immediately after the first sip that i enjoy it immensely. There's something about the portly kid on the bottle that really brings out the flavor.....

I also had my first Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout prior to the Founders. Not a huge fan of imperials but that one is tolerable. I think the warm finish is the best part. The rest is just....meh. YMMV

MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

I feel the same way about most imperials, whatever style they may be.

Tried a Green Flash Green Bullet triple IPA the other night. it has a very good rating on Beer Advocate10.xx% alcohol, felt like malt sucker punched me in the gut and his buddy hops kicked me in the face while I was down. It has a very good rating on Beer Advocate but I am not a fan, it was just too much.

On the other hand, had a Schlafly Tasmanian IPA, damn good stuff. Single malt and single hop, worked really well.

Sierra Nevada Celebration is really good this year, too.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Try the Yeti imperial stout from Great Divide Brewing. It's my favorite so far.

Brewed a 5 gallon batch of oatmeal stout during the July 4th holiday. I will be enjoying the fruits of my labor during the Cowboys/Raiders game today.

Oh yea... the Yeti and Founder's Breakfast Stout are must have brews this time of year. For some reason they are both much better on tap than in a bottle - even more so than my beloved IPA's.
    2 channel
    Vandersteen 3a sigs
    McCormick 225
    Vincent SAT-1 tube pre
    Cambridge 650 c
    HSU VTF-15H sub

Thread Information