Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default is monster cable good at all

There's an add on C/L for Monster XP 50 100'roll. I do not know the guage. I e-mailed him for that info .He 's asking $25.
    Is this a go no go, stay away or way better than my very famous 14gu clear.

Probably no better than what you are using now. I thought you were gonna take Jesse's advice and get Signal speaker cable to go along with your Signal IC's.

Its decent wire. Gets a bad rap because its usually overpriced at the big box stores. Thats a lot of wire for 25 bucks and could come in handy for long runs. If it 14ga, its a heck of a deal. 16ga, so so. 18ga, i wouldnt bother
    "My wife likes my rig......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

Member Sales Rating: (13)

According to Crutchfield,
    XP is ideal for small speakers, mini systems, and rack systems.
    Translated, it's crap.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I guess you guys haven't followed my continuing woe saga of my Toshiba tv crapping out Monday morning. It's official it's DEAD and off the wall already .Tomorrow is tv day way more important than cables right now. And yes I was about to call Frank at Signal for a set of 10 footers w/ banana ends but that's out the window for now I certainly can't afford both in one month on my gov't dole.But if at $25 or less and a heavy gu at that it just might be a possibilty and the pkge still looked sealed.I might have asked this already and even maybe read some very bad reviews on the very same xp lable. I will ask Mr. Google about this....

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post

Translated, it's crap.
    Crutchfield is one of those big box stores in internet form. I wouldn't buy anything from them.

B&W CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Denon DP11-F TT[/COLOR]

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post

Translated, it's crap.
    LOL!! Love the direct answer Jesse. From the Monster cable products I've used in the past........Meh.......I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leftwinger57 View Post
    I guess you guys haven't followed my continuing woe saga of my Toshiba tv crapping out Monday morning. It's official it's DEAD and off the wall already .Tomorrow is tv day way more important than cables right now. And yes I was about to call Frank at Signal for a set of 10 footers w/ banana ends but that's out the window for now I certainly can't afford both in one month on my gov't dole.But if at $25 or less and a heavy gu at that it just might be a possibilty and the pkge still looked sealed.I might have asked this already and even maybe read some very bad reviews on the very same xp lable. I will ask Mr. Google about this....
    You will find mixed reviews. Some love it, some hate it, some cant tell the difference between more expensive cable. Bottom line, if you are on a budget, why not use it. If its THAT terrible, resell it or keep it for a rainy day.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

It's crap.......save yourself $25, that's a start for Signal Cables.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

[QUOTE=heiney9;1948276]It's crap.......save yourself $25, that's a start for Signal Cables.[/QUOTe

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    It's crap.......save yourself $25, that's a start for Signal Cables.
    Bad advice. The guy needs cable and has little dough right now and you are telling him to save up for something that he might not hear any difference in. Once he saves up some, he.can get the more expensive.cable and see if its worth it.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I do not believe he needs speaker cable, he just wants to try something other than what he's using right now. Therefore, Brock's advice is solid.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (58)

I'm a Signal Cable supporter over Monster Cable in any way.

Not sure what he is using now. I dunno, i like have plenty of wire available and cant see dropping a ton of money for long run surrounds. Dont want to start another wire war, but i see wire as more utilitarian than sound specific. That said, i do appreciate the benefits of good wire, but just not sold on the cost/performance factor.

Quote Originally Posted by deronb1 View Post
    Crutchfield is one of those big box stores in internet form. I wouldn't buy anything from them.
    You are starting to equal your sig, and not the artificial part. Crutchfield is a reputable vendor who stands behind their sales. If you are not satisfied you can ship it back free of charge. I had a DVD player break after a few months, and Sony would not repair it under warranty. After explaining to Crutchfield, they exchanged it with no hassle. My biggest dislike is they charge list price, but if piece of mind is important then they are your vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    You are starting to equal your sig, and not the artificial part. Crutchfield is a reputable vendor who stands behind their sales. If you are not satisfied you can ship it back free of charge. I had a DVD player break after a few months, and Sony would not repair it under warranty. After explaining to Crutchfield, they exchanged it with no hassle. My biggest dislike is they charge list price, but if piece of mind is important then they are your vendor.
    Good one! There are plenty of vendors who stand by their products and offer exceptional customer service. If you want to pay full pop, go ahead.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Brock's advice is solid and LW doesn't have an immediate need for cables either.

Whats not needed is a pissing match over internet venders.....geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Brock's advice is solid and LW doesn't have an immediate need for cables either.

Whats not needed is a pissing match over internet venders.....geesh.
    Indeed. Easy to get sidetracked. Although i still think 25.00 for 100 feet of wire is not a bad buy, just gets old when i make a recommendation and the next post is "it sucks". It doesnt suck, there is no basis for the suck! Just comes accross as pretentious.

Bad advice. The guy needs cable and has little dough right now and you are telling him to save up for something that he might not hear any difference in. Once he saves up some, he.can get the more expensive.cable and see if its worth it.
    I don't believe he "needs" cable. In his other thread, as far as I can tell without a decoder ring, he was impressed with the difference his Signal Cable I/C's made over the "out of the box" cheapies and was discussing buying higher end speaker cables to replace what he already has, which is zip cord.

Hence my advice, to save the $25 towards Signal Cables rather than making a sideways move to Monster XP because he has $25 burning a hole in his pocket. I saved up for a few months when I finally bought my MIT Shotgun speaker cables. I suggest he do the same

Can't believe I had to connect the dots for you.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

and the next post is "it sucks". It doesnt suck, there is no basis for the suck! Just comes accross as pretentious.
    It does suck, it's terrible wire, as bad as MonoPrice and Home Depot zip cord. If that's your reference then of course your view is going to be it doesn't suck.

Canare
    Blue Jeans
    Signal Cable

have time and time again been preferred over basic zip cord crap.

LW is free to do as he pleases, which he usually does and he asks lots of questions get lots of solid advice from seasoned veterans and then usually does close to the opposite.

H9

P.S. I actually predict he WILL buy the Monster XP even though he doesn't really need it. Of course if he does need it then it's better than having no wire at all while he upgrades his TV.
    Last edited by heiney9; 08-06-2013 at 11:27 PM.

I think we differ on the value of suck. Fishing line and giant rubber bands suck for speaker wire. Not saying that all wire sounds the same either. Just dont think that saying that wire sucks is neither fair or accurate. I am going to buy some sig cable and see for myself. I have heard some higher end cables, but never used them in my system, so i admittedy have no reference. Thanks for your candor.

Guys forget that I even asked .I did get a reply and it's only 16 gu. And I did do some research and it has horrible reviews.When the tide changes I will more than likely go w/ Signal Cable unless some MITs fall out of the sky.

LOL @ this thread. But its like many others.

You can expect flame wars when the following words are brandished:
    Bose
    Monster
    Emotiva

Did I miss any?

But leftwinger, you've been around long enough such that you should have expected the response. It was either a completely innocent post, or sheer genius trolling...
    Last edited by Monster Jam; 08-07-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Do you hear that buzzing noise?

It's not really a flame war, it's just different levels of experience. The Monster cable is really poor for the $$$.

H9

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I think we differ on the value of suck. Fishing line and giant rubber bands suck for speaker wire. Not saying that all wire sounds the same either. Just dont think that saying that wire sucks is neither fair or accurate. I am going to buy some sig cable and see for myself. I have heard some higher end cables, but never used them in my system, so i admittedy have no reference. Thanks for your candor.
    Cool, though I personally wouldn't consider Signal cable "higher end". More so bang for your buck. As far as the definition of "suck"....well, LW himself stated the reviews were horrible so I guess in that context it would be a safe bet...no ?

Indeed. Easy to get sidetracked. Although i still think 25.00 for 100 feet of wire is not a bad buy, just gets old when i make a recommendation and the next post is "it sucks". It doesnt suck, there is no basis for the suck! Just comes accross as pretentious.
    As Brock stated and Jesse clarified, the OP doesn't NEED this cable. Why spend even $25 for cable that is not needed and won't make an improvement in sound? The OP would be throwing away $25 for something he doesn't need. You are giving bad advice.

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leftwinger57 View Post
    Guys forget that I even asked .I did get a reply and it's only 16 gu. And I did do some research and it has horrible reviews.When the tide changes I will more than likely go w/ Signal Cable unless some MITs fall out of the sky.
    Good advice to yourself LW57. I wouldn't hold out for the MIT's falling out of the sky though.

Guys, if your still up I just got a p/m from an annonymous source that he long ago (now I'm laughing hard) LEARNED to stay out of the speaker cable debate threads years ago. This advice I''m seriously considering .I also told him I was going to write an open letter to the editor type of thing just to clear the air to a certain few of you. I have reconsidered that option I would have certainly been banned for life and I kinda like it here. Tony ,as I have said priviously you have this amazing calming level headed effect on me that I don't get but it's cool.Heiney your the one I really was going to unload on and get banned but by your final post /reply or whatever it's called I just can't do it.I'm practically falling asleep at the board here so have a good night on me.As Rodney King once famously said "can't we all just get along" ...lol lol lol Lew
    2chl- Adcom 555- Onkyo P-301 pre- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson PS-15 9 outlet- Niles Sp 6- 6 zone spkr selector- DCM TF 350s- ADC 303ax-KLH 331- Polk Audio '87 SDA 2Bs w/ ic cable (Dynamat extreme, black hole-5- Mills 0.5 resistor, liquid nails, RDO- 194 tweeters, Larry's rings, Armaflex gaskets, stained walnut tops )

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #500HD Speaker set- Sony ce 375 5 disc carosel cdp-

Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL J2060

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Dispite what Monster does with the Business , they make solid products. Yes full retail you can do a lot better as they tend to be on the pricer side compared to others that perform as well or better.
    For $25.00 , and you have no experience with them , I suggest you pick it up and give t a try. It doesn't "SUCK" at all. For $25.00 at 100 feet , I would challenge anything on the planet. Your not going to do better for that much wire for that price.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

But Mantis it's only 16gu cable I already have 2 gu lower w/ my world famous clear.I don't know if the XP- brand is any good every freakin review and not from you guys said it sucks as a branded speaker wire. I thought I was not going to on about this maybe I'lll give some pix of a shiney new tv later today. I have priorities now.

Thread Information