Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mo-Fi

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Mo-Fi

Picked up my first Mo-Fi a few weeks back. Got a copy of Rickie Lee Jones from a local guy who was clearing out his collection. I'm spinning it right now & all I can say is, WOW! This recording puts every other vinyl I have to shame. Even ones I considered great recordings. This is probably old news to most of you, but now I understand what my rig is truly capable of. Pretty stunning.

-Dave

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I have been hesitant to pay the prices of new pressings. Good to hear that they are worthy.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Awesome LP A lot of the mofi stuff is really good. Besides all of that, one of my fave Rickie LP's in general Pirates next.

Rickie Lee Jones - Pirates GAIN 2™ Ultra Analog 180g LP is available or Rickie Lee Jones - Pirates Ultradisc UHR™ Stereo Hybrid SACD on mofi.

I’ve compared several MOFI pressings (Stones Exile & Floyd Dark Side come to mind) to the original pressings and I find the MOFI pressing to be brighter/thinner. I think they do this to get people’s attention and to try to make them think they’re getting something more/different. Personally I like the warmer sounding originals.
    O

Quote Originally Posted by Boonaroo View Post
    I have been hesitant to pay the prices of new pressings. Good to hear that they are worthy.
    This is actually the original MoFi release from, I believe, '83.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

I think you are right Dave, I was buying a few of the Mobile Fidelity LPs back in the late 70's and into the 80's. It took them a few years to release more and more available Mofi albums. I think my first was Dark side of The Moon and a recording they MoFi did of thunderstorms called the "power and the majesty" or something like that? I think I also possibly got a Steely Dan album Katy Lied?

I have quite a few of the MFSL offerings....played on a decent table,they are something,I think they out perform CDs in many aspects!

My initial reaction is that MoFi is to vinyl what SACD is to CD, only with that wonderful, majestic analog quality.

Thread Information