Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: -texas

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default -texas

Wow, did I ever get the best birthday a guy could get!!!

Yes it's true, my b-day is April 1st :)

Haven't been home in eight years. Took my wife and soon to be 6yr old daughter home to S.A. for the first time to see my home and the rest of my family outside of G-ma and G-pa.

We got there March 31st so it was the first b-day I've had at home in over.....uh....well it's been a long time :)

Breakfast tacos every morning from; Taco Cabana and Bill Miller, B Miller does Brisket tacos for breakfast, yummmmmmm. Barbacoa breakfast tacos, man, that's just the beginning.

Whataburger, triple triples with jalapenos, BBQ from Bill Miller, Texas prime rib eyes...........how the L did I gain 20lbs in only 6days is beyond me :D

Well, enough about me and my fat gut. My wife just fell in love with my family and the Texas history, the Spanish missions, Catholic Cathedral's etc etc.

My wife, in my amazement, astonishment, jaw dropping slobber, announces to my parents, that when her youngest (15) turns 18, we're free to pick up and move to S.A.

My dad ended up with this jewel, an antique Victrola complete with hand crank and 1/4" wax, used to belong to my great grandmaw. It needs some cleaning, maybe just maybe, I can get my hands on that bad boy when we get back :)

Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

Take her back home in August and see what she thinks. Glad you had a good time... sorry it took so long for your family to come.

Occasionally I try to find a one-off hi-fi unit that can fit in my house. I haven't seen one yet in my price range, but hoping one day it'll happen.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Hey Geoff glad a good time was had by all.Gotta be careful with all that good food 20 pounds in a week,times that in years and the wife will have to roll you around. :-) Glad the daughter got to meet the family and see where home is to you.

P.s. Happy Birthday!!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Take her back home in August and see what she thinks..
    What, do you want me get fired or something?? Lol, she's no stranger to danger, living in both S Cali and AZ.

I remember football training in late Aug for H.S. ahhh, the days I'd puke my guts up from total physical and heat exhaustion.

I've only got in to WA late last night and I'm already cranky, where the heck is my brisket tacos?

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfatdogs View Post
    Hey Geoff glad a good time was had by all.Gotta be careful with all that good food 20 pounds in a week,times that in years and the wife will have to roll you around. :-) Glad the daughter got to meet the family and see where home is to you.

P.s. Happy Birthday!!

Dan
    Lol, thanks Dan! Thank God we walked a lot, you know, it's kinda tough to walk and eat tacos at the same time :D

Home Theater-7.2

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

You married a really smart lady. Took less than a week for her to figure out Texas is a great place to live. You should keep her.

Took me 6 states and probably 10 days to figure out I was home.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Wondered where you were brother. Happy belated B'day!!
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer Elite VSX01 AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Sony CDP-C8ESD CDP, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's

Good ya had a most excellent trip and yeah happy belated birthday!
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II > Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Bedroom
    Harman Kardon HK 3490/HK 3375
    A:Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers Black
    B:Polk Monitor (Model) 5 with Peerless Tweets
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

Thanks again fella's. Hey Ken, looks like I won't be in the market after all :) Slight change of plans my friend, I can't believe my own words..............I'm actually going home in just a few years..........Skip and Tex, it's almost time to party ;D

Home Theater-7.2

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig

Thread Information