Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evansville, IN

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Evansville, IN

Anything I can't miss while I spend the weekend here this weekend?
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

The fact that there is NOTHING to do there.... .

See you Sunday boss
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
    Don't miss the cow at the fence third farm in....seems he likes to blow snotts on passing cars.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

They have cow-tipping contests there the first Saturday of the month... good times. Just make sure you get out before 11 pm or the bulls get really pissed.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

It's been over 40 years since I had anything to do with Evansville, IN, but back then there was a BBQ place that was to die for -- best I've ever eaten. Of course, us old guys tend to exaggerate things in our memories, but I've always taken food seriously.

You might want to ask somebody there whether they know of an exceptional BBQ place.

Just a thought. Sorry I can't give you more information, but if you've got nothing else to do, solving a mystery might be entertaining!
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

I spent the first 22 years of my life there. I can't think of anything worth seeing or doing!
    Musical Fidelity M1 Clic
    Thorens TD320
    Belles Research XLM Preamp
    Tannoy SR840 Amplifier
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Douglas Connection Interconnects

Well, the recital made the entire trip worth while. My wife's step daughter has an amazingly beautiful voice!
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Well done!

You didn't mention the recital earlier.

I'm glad it went so well.

Now, look for that BBQ joint! :-)
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

She is a soprano and the recital was one of the requirements of her bachelor of music, music therapy degree.
    As a surprise for me, she sang Eight Epitaphs by Theodore Chandler and the River Lullaby from Prince of Egypt.
    She also sang some Handel and some Schubert.

After a rain, hop the fence and wander through the cow pasture and pick some magic
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

She is a soprano and the recital was one of the requirements of her bachelor of music, music therapy degree.
    As a surprise for me, she sang Eight Epitaphs by Theodore Chandler and the River Lullaby from Prince of Egypt.
    She also sang some Handel and some Schubert.
    Which college? University of Evansville? Cause big ol IU is in Bloomington
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Any recordings of her recital that you could post?

It would be great to hear her singing.

We already ordered a DVD of her performance. Was a little over an hour's worth mostly with and accompanying pianist but on River Lullaby, she had a percussionist playing one of the most impressive marimbas I have ever seen.
    Anyway, she already gave me the ok to post up some once they send out the DVD.

And yes Dan..,U of E

Member Sales Rating: (12)

So long as you have the artist's permission to post them ZL... would not want to rum afoul of the Academy of Recording Arts here.

You guys must be so proud of her. Maybe next year we can vote for her on "The Voice". Just make sure she picks Blake!
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by trav0810 View Post
    I spent the first 22 years of my life there. I can't think of anything worth seeing or doing!
    Ouch!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Ouch!
    Yeah, that's how it fells any time I have to go back!
    Musical Fidelity M1 Clic
    Thorens TD320
    Tannoy SR840 Amplifier
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL's

We already ordered a DVD of her performance. Was a little over an hour's worth mostly with and accompanying pianist but on River Lullaby, she had a percussionist playing one of the most impressive marimbas I have ever seen.
    Anyway, she already gave me the ok to post up some once they send out the DVD.

And yes Dan..,U of E
    Congrats to her on a great performance then! UofE has a GREAT music program. That school isn't cheap nor easy to get into!
    Musical Fidelity M1 Clic
    Thorens TD320
    Tannoy SR840 Amplifier
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL's

Quote Originally Posted by Moose68Bash View Post
    It's been over 40 years since I had anything to do with Evansville, IN, but back then there was a BBQ place that was to die for -- best I've ever eaten. Of course, us old guys tend to exaggerate things in our memories, but I've always taken food seriously.

You might want to ask somebody there whether they know of an exceptional BBQ place.

Just a thought. Sorry I can't give you more information, but if you've got nothing else to do, solving a mystery might be entertaining!
    The only BBQ place that I remember being any good there was Smokey Mtn. It cooked on an open pit that you could see through a big glass window inside the "restaurant" They used a clear vineagar sauce. I went there with my dad when I was young. Pork sandwich, Ozark BBQ potato chips, and a Ski to drink! The place only had like 5 tables in it. I don't know if it's even still around.
    Musical Fidelity M1 Clic
    Thorens TD320
    Tannoy SR840 Amplifier
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL's

Thread Information