Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Surround timber matches for RTiA5 towers

Hi all,

I'm waiting for my new RTiA5 towers to be delivered and was looking for some surround timber matched speakers to use with them. I also have the CSiA6 center speaker coming with the towers, so my front stage should be set, although I plan on adding some front high speakers at some point. So, I have some Polk RT15i bookshelf speakers that I haven't used in a while and was wondering if I could use these as my surround speakers with my new tower and center channel that's coming. I know the towers and center channel are matched, but are the RT15i speakers timber matched with those? I'm assuming they are since I believe those RT15i speakers are (used to be) part of the RTi model range. Can anyone confirm?

My plan is to add the FXiAx speakers as my surrounds (eventually) and use the RT15i speakers for front high speakers. I just want to make sure the RT15i speakers are a match or not.

Thanks in advance for any input you can give!

Congrats on your A5's. Your 15i's should make great surrounds until you pick up your FX's
    Draggn' knee is exhilarating, 150mph wheel standers are pretty cool too

Home Theater-7.2
    Display-SamsungPN64D8000 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR807 | Source-OPPOBDP-103 | Amplifiers-Emotiva; XPA-2 x2, XPA-3 | Speakers: PolkAudio; mains-RTiA9, rears-RTiA9, center-CSiA6, surrounds-FXiA6 | Sub-Epik Empire x 2 | Interconnects-Emotiva

Cans
    Grado RS2i

2 Ch Rig
    First purchase will be; a pair of ? but I'd love a pair of SDA SRS

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff4rfc View Post
    Congrats on your A5's. Your 15i's should make great surrounds until you pick up your FX's
    Thanks! I'm excited to get them. I'm hoping they get here this week, but I'm guessing it won't be until next week. I'm also glad to hear the 15i's I already have will suffice until I can get the FX's later.

Thanks again!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

surround speakers being timber matched arent nearly as important as the front sound stage. I wouldnt spend much on surrounds unless your going to get the fxi series.
    HT Rig Sharp LC-52LE810|Panasonic BDP210|Pioneer Elite VSX-32|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15|DSW Pro 600, Micro Pro4000 powered with a Crown XLS1000

2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1|Carver M1.0t|Dual 1257|Acer A500|Pioneer SW8-MKII X2

Thread Information