Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default Wyred4Sound sx 1000 mono blocks are here along with a new wireworl platinum USB cable

Very excited to try these 570 watt black beautiful mono blocks. I unfortunately have no time to give them a listen tonight. Also here is a brand new platinum usb cable to give the system that little extra and I got a deal on it for less than the $600 retail tag.

I am hoping that the sx 1000's knock my socks off
    Attached Images  

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Holy Moly Red Foley !!! Those look beautiful PFB! Can't wait to hear your review on those sweet amps and also your new Wireworld platinum USB cable.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Prediction: ur not gonna like those,compared to ur old PrimaLuna's ;-(

Member Sales Rating: (14)

Don't drop them....
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

If you don't keep em, i'll buy something off ya in the fleamarket and hope I accidentally get those. Congrats those look awesome, let us know what you think.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Double check to make sure they sent you a right and left mono block.

Kewl. Have fun.
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's
    Krell KSL Class A Pre w/ KSL Phono
    Krell Class A KSA-250
    Harmonic Technology Pro 9+
    Squeezebox Touch / Welborne Labs PS / I2S Out Mod
    Denon 3910 w/I2S/DSD Out
    Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC
    Sennheiser HD650
    Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive
    AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm
    Dynavector 17D3
    Shunyata Hydra (Original)
    NHT B-12d subs
    GIK Acoustic Treatments

CP Showcase

Those look really nice, can't wait for a review
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Quote Originally Posted by SCompRacer View Post
    Double check to make sure they sent you a right and left mono block.

Kewl. Have fun.
    Looks like a mis-ship. Those are two lefts...
    Aaron

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Those are what I use in my main rig. Very dynamic, tight bass, and very low noise floor. When hooked up to a pair of 118db horns, there's no hiss.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

I must have missed something - I thought you'd given up on W4S?

Hope it works out for you and looking forward to your listening impressions.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

First off, not as good as the primaluna tube mono's

I am really surprised that these sound better than the sx 500. I would say a 33% improvement so its still not the sound I desire. I could however actually life with these until I find what I am looking for.

Now here is the real fun part I knocked on all my neighbors doors and politely asked for 30 minutes to test out my amps. I explained that they are 1000 watt and that I wanted to run them at full power for paypal refund reasons. Everyone one was just like "sure no prob" but they all had this wtf look on their face

I had the amps playing low before asking for around 2 hours and then the glory came. 570 mutha f$$king giga watt power blasting the sh$t out of my speakers for a good 20 minutes lmao. I have never heard music like this and its so clean with no distortion at really high volume. Like a nice Porsche they truly shine when taken to the limit

570 mutha f$$king giga watt power blasting the sh$t out of my speakers for a good 20 minutes lmao. I have never heard music like this and its so clean with no distortion at really high volume. Like a nice Porsche they truly shine when taken to the limit[/QUOTE]

Yours and Face's impression (minus the horns) is similar to my experience when I switched from the Parasound to W4S. I like it loud, so the W4S will be in my stable for quite some time. Enjoy!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Member Sales Rating: (31)

The W4S mono's will just pass on what your pre gives them. So if there's something you're not happy with, look upstream.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Nice amps.
    Does the Cool USB cable help at all with sounds or is it just really cool? Im using a basic $10.00 to run from my apple computer to my DAC. Should I look into a gold plated high end cable?

again I like the amps. You must post images and a review when you have it set up.
    2CH Setup.
    CM9
    Rotel RC-1550
    Rotel RB-1070
    MIT AVT2 Interconnects

Quote Originally Posted by RamZet View Post
    Nice amps.
    Does the Cool USB cable help at all with sounds or is it just really cool? Im using a basic $10.00 to run from my apple computer to my DAC. Should I look into a gold plated high end cable?

again I like the amps. You must post images and a review when you have it set up.
    You will be very surprised with what a good usb cable will do, the platinum is pure silver inside. My other cable has solid core silver too but only costs one tenth the price, its the Pangea 24 ga solid silver usb cable 0.5 meter. That out of all the usb's was what I found to be the best price to performance and its a total instant upgrade when you hear it

Keeping it in perspective, cables is relative to the gear on hand. Don't expect TSI300 speakers and a entry level receiver to benefit greatly from a 500 buck cable. Just an example is all.

Did you get the special edition PFB proof binding posts?

Congrats....
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    You will be very surprised with what a good usb cable will do, the platinum is pure silver inside.
    Sounds like false advertising to me. To call them "platinum" and then use cheap silver instead is flat out wrong.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Thread Information