I've finally finished the rebuild of my Polk Monitor 7Bs, which came to me courtesy of RRomeo.
Short story - rebuilt crossovers with Dayton 1% caps and Mills resistors, added Larry's rings, dynamat on the driver and PR, acoustic insulation inside the cabs, and re-covered the cabs in real cherry veneer.
I'm still testing and burning in but so far I am very happy.
I took a lot of pictures and wrote up the whole story on my blog - you can read the entire saga here:
Many many thanks to all of the forum members who shared their own experiences in modding and restoring their Polks. It was your advice, posts, and shared experiences through this forum that gave me the knowledge to attempt this and the confidence that I could get it done. I produced the detailed write-up of my rebuild to pay this forward and hopefully give someone else the information they need to do the same.
PS - looking at my blog post and photos I realize I have to take some better close-ups of the veneer to show off my work. That will come soon!