Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I hope polk has enough funds to be this generous.... Unfortunately i knew couple of good companies who did everything to keep their customers happy, ran out of business.

As much as i love to find deals on everything... when it comes to quality and customer service i wouldnt mind paying premium.

And the threads lke these makes me feel it is worth paying premium for the products like polk
    Last edited by Sumerian; 09-17-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Swauger View Post
    No problem, we'll straighten this out.
    Hey Ken, sorry for the wait. My friends volt-ohm meter didn't seem to work, so I bought one online. I just tried it out and my PSW505 is reading 4.8.

That sounds like just about what the woofer's DC resistance should be, so that points to the amplifier being the problem. When you can, telephone 1-800-377-7655 ext. 208 and explain the situation. I'll send him an email reminding him of the situation.
    Regards, Ken

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmx48 View Post
    I wasn't surprised to see you guys jump all over him too.

Yes they did take care of me, I think that is awesome. I learned a lesson too, next time I will register an expensive product, etc.
    I think it's very nice for Polk to foot the bill for members of the "I Didn't Know/Nobody Told Me" generation. Very generous on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmix48
    Hopefully some of you fanatics will realize that your morphing of this forum into what now seems to be a sort-of social media site, is really just doing Polk an injustice in the end. You are actually hurting the company you love so dearly.
    I dunno. One of the great things about CP is that it is more than just an invaluable site for info on all things audio, from all brands audio. Quite a few members have met some of the others and developed some pretty good friendships. Some have posted of troubles of various natures knowing that there's a massive demographic of people with varied backgrounds who can offer input from their perspective.
    Somebody gets into trouble, help is not infrequently offered.
    So in that sense it is a sort of social media site of sorts, founded around a love of all things audio. And that's a good thing.
    When "carpetbaggers" arrive at the town limit, they aren't necessarily greeted with open arms. And that's a good thing.

I would dare to wager that one will probably never hear the words, "No fair ! Nobody told me ! I didn't know !" come out of my grandchildren's mouths. Good chance of hearing, "Huh. I didn't know that !" as they move on, having learned a lesson on their own, on their own dime. And that's a good thing.

I wish you guys that one successful date that will rid you of the need to come to a speaker forum and be so angry.
    Good Luck!
    Well, if your mom wasn't booked up until next January, I'd

DING DING ..... DING DING ..... DING DING ..... DING DING ......

....ooops, that's my Snarkey alarm. Apparently I've exceeded my Snarkey limit somewhere in this post ....... somewhere ....

BTW, I do believe Mr. Ken Swauger has one of the most difficult jobs at Polk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumerian View Post
    I hope polk has enough funds to be this generous.... Unfortunately i knew couple of good companies who did everything to keep their customers happy, ran out of business.

As much as i love to find deals on everything... when it comes to quality and customer service i wouldnt mind paying premium.

And the threads lke these makes me feel it is worth paying premium for the products like polk
    Absolutely......you won't find better CS in audio than Polk.....or better people for that matter. If an Oscar was given every year for best CS, Polk would have a trophy case full of 'em.

Thread Information