Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I apologize for my statement above. They had nothing to do with the OP. i was just stating what i thought about other warranty's. i hope he has the problem fixed & enjoys his item & welcome to CP
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630
    Pioneer-SA9800-TXd1000-CTf9191-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Who cares, he thought he did...
    Ken said to let up so let up and stop complaining if Polk refuses to help or not so be it, it's not your Concern..
    If people didn't care there wouldn't be a reason for authorized dealers would there? He thought or not changes nothing. Whether Polk takes care of it will prove they are awesome and bending over backwards, but I still feel people shouldn't come in here blasting with a sense of undeserved entitlement.

Ironic you would ask "who cares" then follow up with something about "it's not your Concern". Who? Scroll up.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Quote Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
    Who cares, he thought he did...
    Ken said to let up so let up and stop complaining if Polk refuses to help or not so be it, it's not your Concern..

......precisely!!

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    If people didn't care there wouldn't be a reason for authorized dealers would there? He thought or not changes nothing. Whether Polk takes care of it will prove they are awesome and bending over backwards, but I still feel people shouldn't come in here blasting with a sense of undeserved entitlement.

Ironic you would ask "who cares" then follow up with something about "it's not your Concern". Who? Scroll up.

The dude said that he thought it was an authorized dealer. Sometimes people really do make mistakes, it's easy in this day and age with the majority of shopping being done online.

It's weird to me how people come out so angry about this stuff here! Are all you guys with ten's of thousands of posts major shareholders in Polk audio??

If not, how are any of these issues of any concern to you personally??

Member Sales Rating: (13)

We're a big family here, so yes it is our concern. We don't like seeing the head of the family taken advantage of.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

The dude said that he thought it was an authorized dealer.
    Yes he did and when he found out they were not, he should have gone after the seller, not bad mouth Polk. I mean, it's not Polk's fault.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    We're a big family here, so yes it is our concern. We don't like seeing the head of the family taken advantage of.

wow...

Okay....

Well, this guy Ken seems a bit higher up in the ummm...family...and he said you should chill out a bit. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, I know you don't get it. You just joined and don't know the history, don't know who is who and what is what. Perhaps if you stick around you'll begin to understand.

I will say one thing. I learn alot on here. Good or bad :)
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630
    Pioneer-SA9800-TXd1000-CTf9191-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Yeah, I know you don't get it. You just joined and don't know the history, don't know who is who and what is what. Perhaps if you stick around you'll begin to understand.
    Yeah, he just joined last week with a similar issue. Don't you remember ryanmx48's thread "Polk Let Me Down" where he was P.O.'d because Polk wanted him to pay to have his out-of-warranty sub fixed? Which, by the way, they did take care of for him.

Imagine the backlash when they stop fixing stuff that's not entitled.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

I was not "p.o.ed", I came to this forum and used it for which, I believe, it was originally intended, much like Slayer. I looked at this post because his sub had the EXACT same problem as mine and that intrigued me.

I wasn't surprised to see you guys jump all over him too.

Yes they did take care of me, I think that is awesome. I learned a lesson too, next time I will register an expensive product, etc.

You guys need to understand that most of us do not have the experience of thousands of posts on the interenet over years of our lives to have the incredible understanding that you posess of the buying, registering, tuning, etc. of speakers. I would say 99% do a little research, buy, plug-in, and enjoy.

Hopefully some of you fanatics will realize that your morphing of this forum into what now seems to be a sort-of social media site, is really just doing Polk an injustice in the end. You are actually hurting the company you love so dearly.

Consumers come here to use it for it's intended purpose and you jump all over them; it's funny really, reminiscent the old SNL "IT Guy at Work" skit.

Even the guys who seems to be the big guy around here tells you to chill out, and you just can't help it. Too Funny.

I wish you guys that one successful date that will rid you of the need to come to a speaker forum and be so angry.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by ryanmx48; 08-29-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmx48 View Post
    I was not "p.o.ed", I came to this forum and used it for which, I believe, it was originally intended, much like Slayer. I looked at this post because his sub had the EXACT same problem as mine and that intrigued me.

I wasn't surprised to see you guys jump all over him too.

Yes they did take care of me, I think that is awesome. I learned a lesson too, next time I will register an expensive product, etc.

You guys need to understand that most of us do not have the experience of thousands of posts on the interenet over years of our lives to have the incredible understanding that you posess of the buying, registering, tuning, etc. of speakers. I would say 99% do a little research, buy, plug-in, and enjoy

Hopefully some of you fanatics will realize that your morphing of this forum into what now seems to be a sort-of social media site, is really just doing Polk an injustice in the end. You are actually hurting the company you love so dearly.

Consumers come here to use it for it's intended purpose and you jump all over them; it's funny really, reminiscent the old SNL "IT Guy at Work" skit.

Even the guys who seems to be the big guy around here tells you to chill out, and you just can't help it. Too Funny.

I wish you guys that one successful date that will rid you of the need to come to a speaker forum and be so angry.

Good Luck!
    Registering has nothing to do with it.

Common sense does. If a price looks too low, investigate why. I do this for all electronics. If your getting a good deal chances it could be because they are a unauthorized reseller. You then decide if the price difference is worth the risk. For some things, it is. For others it isnt.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

yes, I agree. But 7600 posts on an electronic forum has probably sharpened your common sense as it relates to electronics when compared to that of Slayer's or mine.

Nobody is angry. We just have common sense, integrity, and a little bit of decency. We don't jump on a forum and complain that a product failed and the company won't do anything about it because it was either bought by an unauthorized dealer or no proof of purchase could be provided. I'm glad you found your receipt and got your sub fixed. I'm also proud of Ken acting on Polk's behalf and going above and beyond the guidelines set forth by the company.

You ALSO need to realize that the last few weeks have produced a seemingly countless number of self-entitled individuals who have been bashing Polk for recent activity they had no control over. If these two sub posts had come 3 weeks prior, the backlash against them wouldn't have been so strong. Everyone's opinions are spot on in this thread, but the way in which they are expressed just show how tired we've become of the constant bashing of Polk for no proper reason.

FWIW, don't bother looking for those threads: they are no longer on the forum.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Common sense bud. If that liver transplant in the back alley looks too good to be true....

It's not Polk's responsibility to police where you buy whatever it is you buy from where. It is the consumer's responsibility to know what they bought, where they bought it from, and what they are entitled to.
    Ignorance is bliss, but it's no excuse.

If I bought my sub from a guy in an alley out of the back of his white van - I could feign ignorance and complain that Polk did me a disservice too.
    Main Surround -

Whatever...

I am in agreement with your Moderator, Ken. Reagardless of mistakes, the past is the past. We are here now, this guy has a problem so let's see if it can be fixed.

My general attitude in life is one of positivity. I suppose this guy Ken and I operate on similar frequencies.

In the end all this person wants is a freebie. The world doesn't revolve around freebies. Nothing is owed to them.
    Main Surround -

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    In the end all this person wants is a freebie. The world doesn't revolve around freebies. Nothing is owed to them.

That is your oppinion. I may be the case, or it may not be. I believe that Polk (the actual company) can figure that out for themselves.

That is your oppinion. I may be the case, or it may not be. I believe that Polk (the actual company) can figure that out for themselves.
    You have an EXTREMELY warped view on the world. It is not opinion, it is fact that nothing is owed to the OP. Those are the guidelines Polk laid out. The fact that Polk is actually doing something about it says something about the company, not what the customer (in this case, that term fits loosely) is ENTITLED to.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Then again, perhaps not and I'm leaning more in that direction.

yes, I agree. But 7600 posts on an electronic forum has probably sharpened your common sense as it relates to electronics when compared to that of Slayer's or mine.
    It has sharpened it, but I knew all of that before I set foot on this forum. Regardless, I've said my piece, your responded, and I have nothing more to add to the conversation so I will bow out.

I do really hope you remember how Polk went out of their way for you, and I sincerely hope you get years of enjoyment out of your sub.

Peace out...

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Sales Rating
    Gear

Yes, I realize now that I have a warped view. Must be all this living in the real world and not in computer land that has gotten to me. I should probably open up a Facebook account so that I can "un warp" myself.

One more time: Thank You Ken, Thank You Polk!! Looking forward to getting my Sub back in action.

Good luck Slayer, hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by ryanmx48; 08-29-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Sounds like a few whiners have joined the forum as of late. My only worries is if a couple of my new vehicles will be repaired free of charge after the warranties run out. If not I will join the Nissan and Kia forums and try my luck on a repair that should be my burden!

Yes, I realize now that I have a warped view. Must be all this living in the real world and not in computer land that has gotten to me. I should probably open up a Facebook account so that I can "un warp" myself.

One more time: Thank You Ken, Thank You Polk!! Looking forward to getting my Sub back in action.

Good luck Slayer, hope it works out for you.
    In the real world if you tried this with ANY other company, they would just laugh in your face and say no. You just seem to disagree with the fact that everything I've said thus far is absolutely true. I never said what the outcome would be - just what the rules are, and what the FACT of the matter is.
    Main Surround -

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Not excusing the way this was handled in a public forum by the OP, but I do have to say that my dad never sat me down and explained to me the concept of authorized/unauthorized dealers and the impact on product warranty... I can totally understand his shock. Seriously, look at it from another perspective. Say, your local Ford dealer offers to sell you a new car for $30k, but your research leads you somewhere else at a price that might seem to be too good to be true, but it is (you only learn why later).

So, if someone, even an unauthorized dealer, can sell me the same new Ford for $20k, and still make money, I'd be shocked when Ford quoted me $25k for a new engine. And that's when I'd begin to understand the concept. Well, that would be an expensive lesson learned... fortunately, we're not talking about that much money. However, whining about it on a PUBLIC forum isn't too cool at all. Probably means the lesson wasn't fully learned yet.

Ken's approach reminded me of an experience from years ago. I worked in a small, family-owned business. A customer came in with a garden house that he claimed was defective and he demanded his money back. He had no receipt. The further problem was, I, and everyone else working there, recognized it as a brand we never sold. We couldn't have, because our only supplier only carried a certain brand, so that was all we ever sold. Even the price sticker on the packaging wasn't one of ours. I calmly explained, but he insisted that he bought it from us. The owner's wife stood by listening to all of this, and eventually intervened. She told the man she'd buy the hose from him for the sticker price, plus tax, and he agreed. He walked out happy and came back many times later for other purchases. I learned then, that sometimes, businesses lose to win. A little good will can go a long way.

Polk is a good company, and I'm sure they'll make an accommodation in this case. I just hope the customer pays them back in the future, and perhaps sends some others this way, too, with his story of a company that helped him out, even when they had no obligation to do so.

Hearing that there are counterfit Polk products out there is very disturbing.Of course we all have heard of the Canal ST.Rolexes and all the nockoff ladies hand bgas and horrible 3rd gen Cds /DvDS but to steal a product like that is far more insidious than the White Van Speaker scam....

Quote Originally Posted by leftwinger57 View Post
    Hearing that there are counterfit Polk products out there is very disturbing.Of course we all have heard of the Canal ST.Rolexes and all the nockoff ladies hand bgas and horrible 3rd gen Cds /DvDS but to steal a product like that is far more insidious than the White Van Speaker scam....
    Thats not the case here. An unauthorized dealer can still be a legit business selling legit Polk gear. They simply dont have an agreement with Polk to warranty product purchased from them which normally raises the price paid by the consumer

Sales Rating
    Gear

No,i'm talking about a specific reply that said the Chinese are "slapping Polk logos on their stuff" That's entirely different than an unauthorized Polk dealer or private party w/ a new Polk anything wanting to x-fer a warranty which some companies allow and others don't.Polks' positon on transfer of vaiid warrantys would be for the more enlightened who have bought from Polk direct as I have not.....Still looking deeper this counterfiting of everything including tubes, sportsware, sneakers, NFL, MBL jerseys and all sorts of others things so crooks can make very large amounts of quick $.......Caviat here, unless the Chinese are licensed by by Polk to build their gear which is a whole 'nother issue of outsorcing which I'm not a big fan of.......

Thread Information