Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default How can I mount a CSi A6 to the underside of an entertainment center arch?

Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for some creative input here. I am going to be putting together a new RTi system consisting of A3's for L/R/SL/SR and a CSi A6 for center. I anticipate I'll be getting the following IKEA entertainment center to hold all my equipment:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49894989/

What I would -like- to do is somehow mount the CSi A6 to the bottom of the overarching cabinets above the TV since the TV is an older Mitsubishi 57" DLP with about 7" of unused speakers in between its base and the screen, so I'm concerned mounting the center underneath the TV, utilizing some kind of riser, would create a sound that would seem to come below the image rather than through it. I'm thinking mounting the center directly above the screen would alleviate that. If I proceed along that route, what would be the best way to do it without homemade custom carpentry? Besides, the entertainment center is made of particleboard so plywood would look awkward with it anyway. What I'm thinking is mounting a thin metal shelf (but thick enough to hold up the 30lb speaker) with 4 corner posts screwed (or bolted) into the underside of the cabinets, but I can't find any pre-made commercial solution that I can just buy off the shelf. If anybody has any ideas or pictures of similar solutions, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,
    Chris L.

Remember seeing a shelf that attaches to the top of a tv a while back. Think it was at standsandmounts.com.

Why the A6/A3 combo. Think the A4 would be a better match

Welcome to CP!

Sounds like a kick-ass little system. What receiver/power/sub are you going with?

I think going with the larger center is always a good idea, especially when the woofers are the same size as the mains. If you turn off your mains during a movie you will realize that it really is true that the vast majority of the content comes through the center and the sub.

As for the OPs question, I don't think putting the center underneath will prevent any issue. Mine is more than 7 inches under the tv in the built ins and I have never noticed an issue. If it won't fit in the shelves underneath, I would just remove one and put it on the bottom shelf using the angled feature. If it bothers you then start fiddling with it. YMMV...

I would love to see pics of the final setup!

Welcome to CP!
    HT Rig:
    Mains, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling
    Center - Polk cs400i
    Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling
    Sub - SVS PB10-ISD
    Receiver - Pioneer VSX-1018ah-k
    Server - Logitech Squeezebox Duet
    Blu-ray - Sony BDP-S390
    DVR - DirecTV Genie + AM21
    Display - Samsung PN43E450 Plasma

Two Channel PC Rig (In progress)
    Dell Studio 540s-->Pangea USB Cable-->HRT Music Streamer II DAC-->MIT AVT1-->Dayton DTA 100a-->MIT EXP2-->Polk Monitor 5 w/Peerless

Quote Originally Posted by rpf65 View Post
    Remember seeing a shelf that attaches to the top of a tv a while back. Think it was at standsandmounts.com.

Why the A6/A3 combo. Think the A4 would be a better match
    Like this:

Attachment 89536
    Attachment 89537

I had one of those myself, its in my closet still. It worked quite well for my CS2
    Last edited by EndersShadow; 09-06-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

While I do not have Polks as my H/t I hear no difference w/ my center 3 rows down my entertainment center at all.Again there are probably creative ways to adjust your shelves w/o using the given pegs or slotted holders that I have.I think if you convince yourself it's not going to sound right you've already lost that battle.
    2chl- Adcom 555- NAD 1020a pre- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson - 9 outlet- Niles - 6 zone spkr selector- DCM TF 350s- ADC 303ax- KLH 331- Polk Audio '87 SDA 2Bs w/ ic cable (Dynamat extreme, black hole-5- Mills 0.5 resistor, liquid nails, RDO- 194 tweeters, Larry's rings, Armaflex gaskets, stained walnut tops )

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #500HD Speaker set- Sony ce 375 5 disc carosel cdp-

Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL J2060

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Use wood screws or PL400

Can't advise w/ mounting specifics. I agree w/RT59 on reasons for CC choice. Plus the 'A6 offers a "kickstand" & add'l power handling to aid pointing its "contribution" into your soundscape. Can't recall the kickstand feature on the 'A4. A robust sub & LCR power will round out your system's SQ nicely.

Enjoy, tony
    Samsung 60" LED
    Rotel 1068
    LG BDP
    Denon LDP
    LR: RTi A7*** Biamped w/TDM EXO
    MT: Rotel RB985->AR 12 ga->MT feed & mids wired w/AR 12ga
    Subs: Belles 1 for each LR subs->MC 10ga->wired w/8ga Powerline

CC: Rotel RB985->AR 12 ga->CSi A6, mids wired w/AR12 * ***
    SW: Seismic Audio powered 18" wired w/AR12
    Surrounds: Hafler XL280->fed & wired w/AR12->RTi A1**
    *Bi** or tri***-amped one day