Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blown db691

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Angry Blown db691

Hey people..been floating around here for a while, but never had the reason to post. I have an issue with my rear deck db691's, (really just one). The speaker sounds blown, especially at low volume. Tried the 9v deflection test and it moves properly and it really seems like there is no scratching when the voice coil is moved. Could be me just not feeling it, but nothing adds up. I have a Pioneer Premier deck 50Wx4 which powers the 2 db691 rears and the 2 db651's in the doors. Also have a powered sub under the seat. Can't seem to definitively determine if it's blown or what the deal is. Does anyone know of a sure fire way to test these?? Also, are the 691's available as a single speaker through Polk? Maybe someone out there has one they'd sell?! Been screwing around with this stuff for years, but haven't had to deal with this type of issue before. Probably should read up on the overdriven / underdriven topic too I guess as this may be a cause of the failure, even though it really surprizes me that I'm having this problem. Any help, advice, or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I am willing to bet polk can sell you a single speaker. And now that your a forum member you get a slight discount.

To test if its the speaker, move it to another location to ensure its not the headunit. So if you know the fronts sound good, swap it out with one of those, or with the other rear. If the sound difference switches, its the speaker. If it doesnt its something with either the HU or the connectors.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information