Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfish View Post
    I believe they do need to be powered on H9, so that is a valid point. My guess though is after the OP hears the LSiMs on tubes, the ht won't get used much! :-)

Polkie2009 they are a very solid performer. When you factor in the performance, solid features, and relatively moderate cost, they are a real sleeper. There's a reason you don't see too many for sale and they go quickly when they do. Btw there's one for sale right now on eBay, but they're asking $1200 for it. That's way above ithe normal going rate for those.

To the OP, the Adcom GFP 750 is a stellar solid state preamp with ht pass through. I would put that on your short list also. They typically go for about $600-750 used.
    Thanks Dawgfish, I think Isaw this one yesterday and I thought it had a BIN price of $1100,lol. Thank you Jesse for explaining about the signal tube life when using the HT Bypass.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I'm going to suggest something different. I suggest you secure a HT processor first, use that as your pre for music and see how you like it. A good quality HT processor is no slouch on music. If you like what you hear, you can then decide on your path forward.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I was thinking the same thing. If you can spend 3k on a nice processor you might not ever need anything else and it would be much easier, then you can go down the tube path later on. To each his own and i'm sure you'll be happy with a separate tube pre as well, I think with your setup it's a win win.
    Theater Room: Pioneer Elite SC-35, RTi12's, Csi5, Fxi5's, Fxi3's, ED A5-350 sub, Optoma HD20, 92'' Elite Screen, Sony BDPS790, Xbox One, APC H15, MIT Exp 2 SC's, Pepster PC's

Living Room: Martin Logan ESL's, Peachtree Audio iNova, Zu Mission SC's & IC's, Pepster PC, Sharp Aquos 60'', AEX

Bedroom: Panasonic AX200U projector, 110" screen

Outdoor: Polk Atrium 5's, Yamaha Rxv371

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    I'm going to suggest something different. I suggest you secure a HT processor first, use that as your pre for music and see how you like it. A good quality HT processor is no slouch on music. If you like what you hear, you can then decide on your path forward.
    I agree. Get your speaker placement dialed in correctly. Let the speakers break-in and get used to the sound with a high quality HT processor. Look at what your using as a source and then determine what you'd like to improve.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Source: SONOS Music System, DAC: W4S DAC-2, Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8801, Amp: W4S MC5, Front: Polk RTIA9, Center: Polk CSIA6, Surrounds: Polk FXIA6, Sub EQ: DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033C, Subs: 2 - Polk DSW PRO660WI, IC & Speaker Cables: Signal Cable

Thread Information