Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default ignore - post count

Bought a bunch of stuff in the classifieds, then the 100 post count rule came out and I haven't been around much since. Trying to push it over 100, so I can go back to buying stuff :)

bump

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Dude you will get there a lot faster if you chime in with meaningful conversation in other threads. Bumping this one uselessly just so you can get up to 100 posts is just going to piss people off.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

The 100 post count rule to buy stuff has been around for awhile now, whats your point ? Just participate in the forum and you'll have no problem reaching it. Telling people your only here to visit the FS stuff is a huge turn off to the other members.

Quote Originally Posted by jhracer3 View Post
    Bought a bunch of stuff in the classifieds, then the 100 post count rule came out and I haven't been around much since. Trying to push it over 100, so I can go back to buying stuff :)
    That's cool.
    Ignore-anything I sell.
    Cuz I won't sell to you.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Hello, jhracer. Getting to 100 posts is not as hard as it seems. Everybody, I do mean everybody has a question or questions about their HT or Stereo rig that they would like to have answered. You are welcome to join in on the current conversations or you are welcome to ask anything you want. Perhaps telling us about your rig, offering a review of past gear you have owned or offer your observations of what it is that you currently have. Your likes, dislikes, goals, equipment you are eying, etc..

As you see from the posts above, if folks know that you joined or are only interested in participating just to buy and sell gear, it gets you nowhere fast. However, if you become a member of the forum and join in on some of the discussions the tide will change and folks would [for the most part] bend over backwards to help you out. FWIW.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (13)

There are a bunch of Happy Birthday threads you could visit too... but that would also piss people off.

treitz3 ^^^^ makes excellent points, IMO. So whatcha got??
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

www.polkarmy.com/forums

Member Sales Rating: (60)

I've made a living off of Happy Birthday threads!

I'll get to 4000 posts that way eventually.
    2CH - Magnepan MGIIIA's, Rogue Audio Magnum 66 pre, Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Douglas Connection IC's and Cables, Oppo BDP-83SE

Main HT - Adcom GFA7400, Rti70, Csi40, Rti28, Onkyo TX-SR705, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Signal Cable Analog 2 IC's, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, M&K 1250 THX Sub, Knu Koncepts cables

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub

Post to the "What are you listening to" thread. That is the post whore thread.

meh....
    --Gary--

If people were to look through my post history, they would find plenty of other question and answer type posts. Of course, its a lot easier to just flame someone like a d-bag. My point was that the hundred post rule had been rolled out rather abruptly; people were comfortable selling a bunch of other stuff to me with less than 100 posts, then all of a sudden I couldn't buy anything. In addition, I consider the classifieds section a valuable source of information about what equipment commonly sells for and what people think about it, allowing me to continue planning for my system. It would have made more sense to block people from posting in that forum rather than now allowing them to see the threads at all.

Plenty of other sites like Ebay to get a grasp on what used gear goes for. Audiogon is another......your reasoning doesn't hold water.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

So let me get this straight. You want to use the forum. You want to buy and sell. You want to know prices. Yet you do not wish to contribute to the community.

That is exactly why the 100 post rule was put into place. The forum is free, the Flea Market is earned. You can take your entitlement attitude and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (2)

The rule was rolled out abruptly.... what, a year or so ago? Give us all a break.

They should make other changes for crap like ive seen in the past. Bumps & More Bumps just to bring up post amounts. BS
    RANDY
    ~SDA2b Adcom gfa555 565pre 555t 600cd Pioneer PLa35d
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer
    ~Marantz 2252b 5025b 6300tt Tech-a4010s monitor 7b
    ~Yamaha cr2040 Advent2 Monitor 10a
    ~Rotel RV555 monitor 4 series 2 -office-
    ~Pioneer seQ404 2-4channel headphones

Well, I certainly hope you're satisfied, Jhracer .... just look what you've done !

Name:  sad cat.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  36.7 KB

You've completely upset Mr. Boots with the story of your horrible maltreatment !!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Wow

Another thread about the evil 100 post count rule.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.

RANDY
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer

I have fairly good reading comprehension and I cannot for the life of me find one rude flaming post sent in your direction! All we suggested is that if you want to get to 100 posts, add your two cents to other threads. But since you are going to cop an attitude because we try to do what's right for this forum and not turn it into Ebay, I have to go along with Tom's suggestion!

Have a nice day.

If people were to look through my post history, they would find plenty of other question and answer type posts. Of course, its a lot easier to just flame someone like a d-bag. My point was that the hundred post rule had been rolled out rather abruptly; people were comfortable selling a bunch of other stuff to me with less than 100 posts, then all of a sudden I couldn't buy anything. In addition, I consider the classifieds section a valuable source of information about what equipment commonly sells for and what people think about it, allowing me to continue planning for my system. It would have made more sense to block people from posting in that forum rather than now allowing them to see the threads at all.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

In addition, I consider the classifieds section a valuable source of information about what equipment commonly sells for and what people think about it, allowing me to continue planning for my system. It would have made more sense to block people from posting in that forum rather than now allowing them to see the threads at all.
    I think you make valid points with this. And you can't view WTB threads unless you have 25 posts. Whatever.

Hope you stick around anyway, this place can be a great source of knowledge and info.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

www.polkarmy.com/forums

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    They should make other changes for crap like ive seen in the past. Bumps & More Bumps just to bring up post amounts. BS
    Why would you think someone bumping their ad is doing so to increase their post count?
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

My point was that the hundred post rule had been rolled out rather abruptly; people were comfortable selling a bunch of other stuff to me with less than 100 posts, then all of a sudden I couldn't buy anything.
    We recognized there was a problem with folks just dropping by to sell or buy gear never to be seen again and that is not what the Flea Market is about. There was a discussion on what to do about it with a number of ideas tossed around and the current solution was deemed the best. Time has proven it to be so as it both encourages and rewards active participation.

In addition, I consider the classifieds section a valuable source of information about what equipment commonly sells for and what people think about it, allowing me to continue planning for my system.
    What things sell for here is not a good indication of the market in general. If you want to know what people think about a piece of gear, the general forum is full of thoughts/opinons/reviews, the FM is not.

It would have made more sense to block people from posting in that forum rather than no[t] allowing them to see the threads at all.
    That would not encourage or reward active participation.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Why would you think someone bumping their ad is doing so to increase their post count?
    oh. I thought every time they put BUMP on it-it increased there numbers. But that only bumps it to the top of the thread. I see
    RANDY

Member Sales Rating: (8)

oh. I thought every time they put BUMP on it-it increased there numbers. But that only bumps it to the top of the thread. I see
    I can only speak for myself, but I can't imagine why anyone would bump their for sale thread just to increase their post count. The only time I bump mine is when the thread has moved to the bottom of the page, or to the next page. I only do it so it will be moved to the top of the page and be in bold letters, so that someone who may have not seen the ad yet will get a chance to. I don't think too many people that only visit the forum on occasion are going to go through page after page of the garage sale section (or any other section of the forum for that matter). And when people post items for sale, they usually want as quick of a sale as possible, and that's why they bump the thread...
    Last edited by Rick88; 09-08-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Ya never know what hidden treasures you might just find in there. Lol
    RANDY

Bump= Bring Up My Post. From My prospective it was never a post count enhancer.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post

Uh......if they had an ad in the FM in the first place, they would already be over 100 posts and really would have no need to increase their post count (so they would have enough to post/look in the For Sale area).
    Last edited by teekay0007; 09-09-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Now, this is my 100th post. Hurrah to whatever it means!
    • Online - Focal Solo6 BE, Polk PSW10, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Lenovo x220t
    • Music/HT - Lsi25, Lsi9 (Vr3), Lsi7, LsiC, Pioneer SC-68 & BDP-62FD, PS3

Bump.
    Samsung PN60E6500
    Denon AVR-E300
    Mains: LSI9s
    Center: LSIC
    Surrounds: LSIFX
    Subs: Two Atlas 12's with Rythmik 350W amps in ported 95L box.
    Power: Monster 2600 power conditioner

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Bump.
    Seriously?

Thread Information