Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Have We Forgot ?

I remember oh to well. I was pulling into the warehouse listening to the radio. I thought it was a joke. I got out of the 18 wheeler & ran inside to see it on the TV. Till this day i still cant believe what happen that day the Twin Towers & all that happened after. Every year i light a candle & pray for the victims & loved ones involved of that terrible day. I will not forget. We as Americans must not forget. God Bless America
    RANDY
    ~SDA2b Adcom gfa555 565pre 555t 600cd Pioneer PLa35d
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer
    ~Marantz 2252b 5025b 6300tt Tech-a4010s monitor 7b
    ~Yamaha cr2040 Advent2 Monitor 10a
    ~Rotel RV555 monitor 4 series 2 -office-
    ~Pioneer seQ404 2-4channel headphones

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Name:  Flag.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  74.1 KB

Never Forget!

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Hell no, I will NEVER FORGET!!!

Sadly, as a society, it was forgotten almost as soon as the debris was hauled away.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

43 looks at this thread and three posts... I guess the OP's question has been answered.
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

I wanted revenge! Hell! Who am I kidding. I still want revenge! Sadam and Osama is not enough. I won't be satisfied until every last POS living in that sand pit experiences 10,000 degrees F! If I had access to nuclear weapons, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, and North Korea would be a glass bowl! My friend was on the roof of the whitehouse performing a weld repair on the cast iron dome when the pentagon was hit. My neighbor and childhood friend lost his dad that day. I'll never forget!
    Source: Technics SL1200MKII Denon DL-110 cartridge
    Preamp: Hagerman Bugle Phono stage
    Amplifier: 4 x 5670 4 x EL34 integrated VAL VP110S (modified w/ vitamin Q caps, Alps blue velvet volume control, Vishay mil spec. metal film resistors..............)
    Speakers: Polk SDA 1A Signature

Member Sales Rating: (1)

No John, we haven't forgot....yet. Give it a few decades and it will become like the Holocaust. Did it really happen ?

The problem is, this will turn political quicker than PFB can swap out gear, given todays headlines especially. That's why I think people passed on commenting anyway.

They aren't forgotten, only added to last year. God bless them all.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

I'll never forget. I'm still pi$$ed off. 10,000 degrees would be a good start.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

A sad and tragic day in American history......we don't ever forget as that POS coward found out as the bullet entered his skull.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (9)

It's still very much a part of our permanent American conscience. My 6th-8th grade students had numerous questions and responses.
    Staff Member TONEAudio
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio
    2 Channel System
    SimAudio Moon i7 int. amp
    iBook w/PureMusic/iTunes,1.5 TB harddrive
    Sim Audio Moon 300D DAC,
    Harbeth Compact 7es-3 Speakers
    Magnepan 1.6 w/Skiing Ninja x-overs
    Rega RP1 w/Ortofon Super OM40
    SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Additional Gear:
    ACI Emerald XL, Totem Rainmakers, Celestion Si Stands, AudioArt cabling, Shunyata Venom power cords, Modified PS Audio Trio C-100 int. amp, Vista Audio Int. Tube, iPod 160 gig

A fair number of Canadians also passed away on 09/11/01...May both of our nations never forget.
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II > Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Bedroom
    Harman Kardon HK 3490/HK 3375
    A:Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers Black
    B:Polk Monitor (Model) 5 with Peerless Tweets
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

It does bear mention that we lost 4 Americans in Benghazi just a year ago... may we never forget them either.

I like the way these guys/gals roll

Member Sales Rating: (26)

We will NEVER forget. 'Nuff said.

With that said, an audio forum is not the place to discuss this. Politics, religion and international beliefs come into play. Nothing can ever replace the lost ones.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

I beg to differ Tom. The clubhouse area is a place to discuss the day and other general non-audio topics. No singular event has had such a deep and profound impact on everyone's lives as 9/11... So long as we pause to reflect and remember, or even express the anger that still simmers within most of us, then this thread is a good thing, and no politics need to come into play.

My late grandmother was i nurse & lived at 225 West End Ave on the 6th floor for 30 hears or more. As a kid we use to go visit her there. I think my first time going up on the roof of the north tower was in 1976 & my last time was around 1984 & if i remember correctly the roof was closed at that time due to too many people doing things they shouldnt be doing. I remember as a kid going up the elevator & my ears popping. LOL. Then when i bought my first 18 wheeler i brought seafood from Rockland & Portland Maine to the Fulton fish Market 3 times a week & Backhauled out of Jersey or the Meat Market back to Maine to Shaws or Hannaford supermarkets. I really enjoyed the NYC area. The food was awesome & people there were very friendly. Had some great experiences in NYC. Im not big into politics so the thread had nothing to do with politics or religions. Just that i havent forgot what happened to the great people of that tragic day----
    RANDY
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by mrbigbluelight View Post
    I like the way these guys/gals roll

thats a cool video. Makes me proud to be an American seeing all those flags flapping behind those bikes
    RANDY

Member Sales Rating: (9)

I don't how we could possibly forget. A very sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie308 View Post
    I wanted revenge! Hell! Who am I kidding. I still want revenge! Sadam and Osama is not enough. I won't be satisfied until every last POS living in that sand pit experiences 10,000 degrees F! If I had access to nuclear weapons, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, and North Korea would be a glass bowl! My friend was on the roof of the whitehouse performing a weld repair on the cast iron dome when the pentagon was hit. My neighbor and childhood friend lost his dad that day. I'll never forget!
    What a shallow minded and hateful thing to say, I'll leave it at that.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Haven't forgot here!

Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    What a shallow minded and hateful thing to say, I'll leave it at that.
    Yep! I'm hateful! Maybe even shallow! So what! This is how I feel every time I think about that day. Revenge is not for everyone, but it suits me just fine! Thanks!
    Source: Technics SL1200MKII Denon DL-110 cartridge
    Preamp: Hagerman Bugle Phono stage
    Amplifier: 4 x 5670 4 x EL34 integrated VAL VP110S (modified w/ vitamin Q caps, Alps blue velvet volume control, Vishay mil spec. metal film resistors..............)
    Speakers: Polk SDA 1A Signature

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    an audio forum is not the place to discuss this. Politics, religion and international beliefs come into play. Nothing can ever replace the lost ones.

Tom
    That's exactly right. I come here to give and get audio advice, buy and sell gear, and maybe get a laugh from some of you goofballs. I do NOT come here for politics, religion, social commentary, etc., and it is very frustrating that some of you insist on continually breaking the rules and taking us down these roads. That is all.

How can anyone forget!
    It always tugs at my heart anytime there is a report of it on the radio or the tele.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Forget?? HELL NO, NEVER!!

Attachment 89738
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

Quote Originally Posted by rooftop59 View Post
    That's exactly right. I come here to give and get audio advice, buy and sell gear, and maybe get a laugh from some of you goofballs. I do NOT come here for politics, religion, social commentary, etc., and it is very frustrating that some of you insist on continually breaking the rules and taking us down these roads. That is all.
    Show me one post in this thread that has been political, religious, or anything of the sort.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    No John, we haven't forgot....yet. Give it a few decades and it will become like the Holocaust. Did it really happen ?

The problem is, this will turn political quicker than PFB can swap out gear, given todays headlines especially. That's why I think people passed on commenting anyway.
    This!

And there is NO need to go "political" here. The country, need I remind us, was "united" in that all too short time after 9/11...and then we started crapping on each other, again!

I agree with Randy above. Having lived in Manhattan for over a decade, I found myself atop those towers several times showing guests the "city". It's hard to believe they're no longer there! And the acts that led to their demise.

However, war and terror have been an intrinsic part of the daily life of a great many people around the world for many generations. bin Laden welcomed the U.S. to that world. And what a horrible welcome it was!

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 09-12-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Quote Originally Posted by newbie308 View Post
    And this. Sad, vengeful, borderline racist, bigoted, need I go on? I am done with this thread.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Promise?
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Quote Originally Posted by rooftop59 View Post
    I do NOT come here for politics, religion, social commentary, etc., and it is very frustrating that some of you insist on continually breaking the rules and taking us down these roads.
    I see it says you have over a thousand posts but I have to wonder, is this your first time on the polk forum?
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Bev & I were getting ready for work, had the news on like we do every morning--when the first plane hit. At that point they just asumed it was some sort of an air tragedy. When we arrived at work, we heard of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th planes. We were sent home immediately (We're Department of Defense). Surreal and anger come to mind. We were glued to the TV for days.

DoD had us remain home in "on-call" status for the rest of that week. Only Mission Critical personnel were allowed in the building until they could get enhanced security sorted out. To this day, the building is still surrounded by concrete dividers that keep all vehicles a minimum of 50 feet away from the building. A local DoD employee died at the Pentagon crash, and a memorial in his honor resides at the city Park. (Dave Laychek)

To this day I cannot watch that footage without tearing up. Haven't sorted out yet if it's anger or sadness.
    Last edited by steveinaz; 09-12-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

Thread Information