Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Ironic how the very same people who claim to hate the "politics" continually and consistently are the only ones to even bring it up. See how the rest of us just let it go? Give it try sometime. Emotions sometimes cause people to say things they wouldn't otherwise express--so let the people speak; think of it as "therapy."

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Quote Originally Posted by newbie308 View Post
    I wanted revenge! Hell! Who am I kidding. I still want revenge! Sadam and Osama is not enough. I won't be satisfied until every last POS living in that sand pit experiences 10,000 degrees F! If I had access to nuclear weapons, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, and North Korea would be a glass bowl! My friend was on the roof of the whitehouse performing a weld repair on the cast iron dome when the pentagon was hit. My neighbor and childhood friend lost his dad that day. I'll never forget!
    I understand your sentiments, not sure that would solve anything though. Even if you wiped out the entire middle east there would still be radicals that would do the same thing from other countries so do we kill all them too? Hell some of them are even homegrown right here in the USA.

This country couldndt forget even if we wanted to, there are daily reminders and in fact the entire american way of life has changed because of this event.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    I understand your sentiments, not sure that would solve anything though. Even if you wiped out the entire middle east there would still be radicals that would do the same thing from other countries so do we kill all them too? Hell some of them are even homegrown right here in the USA.

This country couldndt forget even if we wanted to, there are daily reminders and in fact the entire american way of life has changed because of this event.

REGARDS SNOW
    Couldn't agree more. I lived and worked in NYC for 20 years. I was there for the first WTC bombing in 93, and remember receiving a frantic call from my Mom, hoping I was OK. As a contractor, I had worked in almost every building that comprised the WTC complex. I had moved back to Massachusetts by the time 9/11 happened, and that day is burned in my memory. A dear friend worked on the 47th floor, and got out before the collapse. We didn't hear from him until well after midnight, since the phones and internet were not functioning where he lived in the city. We all received a short email that he was fine, but was unable to speak about what happened. I try not to hate an entire group of people for the acts a few. Any religion can be twisted to fit a radical agenda. Most of the figure heads of that despicable act have been caught or killed, but the poisoning of thousands upon thousands of young minds continues to this day. With regards to Benghazi, I will not forget, and sorry Ms Clinton, It does make a difference who did it, and who allowed it to happen.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ished...Almost
    Center: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, H-Nuts, BH5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Interesting you used the phrase," Poisoning of young minds". While it still happens in the middle east it certainly happens here too. We just care to look the other way.

Still it saddens me to think mankind after thousands of years still doesn't hold value to human life. While some civilized countries do, many still do not. Too many wars are fought for profit and power, too many are lost because of the whims of a few. I often think, how many more wars must we suffer, over how many more thousands of years, to get past this need to constantly kill one another.

Our brains may have evolved farther than any other species on the planet, but in the end we are all still animals with that inherit need of survival. Given that, only the strong survive as they say, and that's why you see the weak align themselves with stronger nations. When you break it all down, it always comes back to the same reasons we have fought wars before since the beginning of time. Who gets to impose their wishes on others. Those battles are even fought within our own country, let alone on the world stage.

Growing up I envisioned a time, maybe not mine but at least my children's time, that wars would soon become obsolete. I was sadly mistaken. I forget who said it, but it rings true....."Peace is that brief moment in time when everyone stops to reload." While I certainly don't profess to have all the answers, I only know speaking for myself, every time we put our young men and women in harms way for anything other than defending our borders, I cry a little inside at the stupidity of it all.

ooops, double post. Should really wait until my second pot of joe.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Interesting you used the phrase," Poisoning of young minds". While it still happens in the middle east it certainly happens here too. We just care to look the other way.
    Absolutely true
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ished...Almost
    Center: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, H-Nuts, BH5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

I wanted revenge! Hell! Who am I kidding. I still want revenge! Sadam and Osama is not enough. I won't be satisfied until every last POS living in that sand pit experiences 10,000 degrees F! If I had access to nuclear weapons, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Libya, and North Korea would be a glass bowl! My friend was on the roof of the whitehouse performing a weld repair on the cast iron dome when the pentagon was hit. My neighbor and childhood friend lost his dad that day. I'll never forget!
    I would suggest finding a recording of the original broadcast, have a look for yourself and see where it takes you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL-rU3CCPkc#t=114
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third, it is accepted as self evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

I have friends from Egypt, Iran, and Afghanistan, brother. Would u nuke them, too?
    Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-09 --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Yaqin MC-10t --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's

In the Bullpen
    Adcom GFA-555ii
    Luxman R-115

Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto

Member Sales Rating: (26)

This is a perfect example of why we shouldn't talk about things like this on an audio board......just sayin'.....

Now we have folks who normally wouldn't dislike each other because of the common interest we share together and threads like this [as soon as opinions or the political tones enter into the equation] makes it to where enemies are created along with bitter feelings toward one another. With that said, We will NEVER forget. 'Nuff said.

I think I'll slide out now.....

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Will I forget....he'll no....what I'll never forget is how we were compromised on a national security level..when that incident was tried in the parking garage....but one thing is true and I hate to admit...we got caught with our pants down..and that operation was ballsy to say the least...Pearl Harbor taught us nothing..

I am trying each year to teach and remind my two kids who were neither born before that tragic day. I think they need reinforcement each year on how big a deal it was because it seems they do not learn about it in public school? I thought for the first time this year that we were blessed with a miracle because on any given day 58,000 people work in those two towers and to have only 3,000 perish is a blessing. Peace. Darryl

To quote some lyrics from one of my favorite albums..TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WELL...

I apologize to everyone on here for putting this THREAD up. It was not ment to have gone this direction. I made a mistake. I ask that this thread end & be removed or dont add to it. Please dont ask what direction i was thinking it was going to go. Because obviously i didnt think-PERIOD. Please & thank you. Randy
    Last edited by boston1450; 09-14-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Second that

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Years from now, people will say this never happened. There were some that said that back in 2001, nut jobs mostly. But 50 years from now there will be serious debates as to how this happened and who really did it.

Eisenhower said the same thing about the Holocaust. There are many, many people that claim this never happened.
    Carl

Hopefully NOT.

I forgot....what this thread was about.

Boston, why you sorry dude ? You should never apologize for wanting to bring attention to important dates/happenings in our history....never apologize for that.

That said, this is the internet, and you could post "the sky is blue" and the thread could just as well turn south too.

Thread Information