Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Instructions dont cover my situation.

    I bought this and it came in the mail today.,


    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1



    turns out I screwed up when I was checking to see if I could use this subwoofer. My reciever has spring contacts where you put in a bare wire for positive and negitive for the subwoofer while the subwoofer has wire contacts for positive and negitive for both left and right channels. I only have one channel! I asked my roommate and he said that since my reciever only has one set of wires for the sub woofer the signal must be in stereo so go ahead and hook up my two wires to either the left or right imputs on the subwoofer. Is that right? shouldnt I split the wires and hook up both the left and right sides?



    So far i have taken my roommates advice and just hooked the signal up to the left side, it sounds great but I dont know if it is suppose to sound better or not.



    here is the back of my reciever.

    subwoofer and rear surrond.



    center and front speakers.




    back of my subwoofer.



    So should I leave it as it is? Is there a better way to hook it up?
    Attached Images  

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    You're golden.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    ok, thanks!



    care to elaborate?

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passive jay View Post
    ok, thanks!



    care to elaborate?
    sub signals are mono

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Wouldn't bridging that to both L/R give more output? I've found on subs that sum the inputs only put out half output when you don't use both L/R, or the standard LFE input.
    Last edited by nguyendot; 09-16-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

    Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

    Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    sub signals are mono

    right but the wire post set up on the back of the subwoofer was intended to be used when you have a system without a subwoofer outpuy.. you are suppose to input the front left into the left side and front the right into the right side and then the output to the speakers. the subwoofer is designed for you to use an rca jack if you have a single subwoofer output. With that being the case am I still ok?

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    Wouldn't bridging that to both L/R give more output? I've found on subs that sum the inputs only put out half output when you don't use both L/R, or the standard LFE input.
    doubtful. When I had to use RCA inputs I tried the Y (1f to 2m) I didn't get anymore Bass output than with just 1 to the RCA input

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passive jay View Post
    right but the wire post set up on the back of the subwoofer was intended to be used when you have a system without a subwoofer outpuy.. you are suppose to input the front left into the left side and front the right into the right side and then the output to the speakers. the subwoofer is designed for you to use an rca jack if you have a single subwoofer output. With that being the case am I still ok?
    unless you get something new you have hooked it up best you can with what you have.
    Or you can take those surround speaker cables and hook up to L+R then run your surround speakers out of the sub and forget that sub output from the source
    Last edited by pitdogg2; 09-16-2013 at 05:18 PM.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    unless you get something new you have hooked it up best you can with what you have.
    Or you can take those surround speaker cables and hook up to L+R then run your surround speakers out of the sub and forget that sub output from the source

    wouldnt i lose low end ignoring the sub output?

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passive jay View Post
    wouldnt i lose low end ignoring the sub output?
    I think you would the left and right off that receiver probably remove the low end signal.

    I do think you should try bridging the l/r on the sub it may help you with a db or two of gian. If it seems loud enough now you should be fine.

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    6,134

    Default

    I fail to see why it matters. Adjust the gain if you have to. Unless that sub is a DVC and each input uses one coil (I don't think thats how it works), there is zero to gain.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passive jay View Post
    wouldnt i lose low end ignoring the sub output?
    No you now send full range signal and let the sub sort it out. That is if you receiver/HTIB send full range signals from that speaker output.

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pretzelfisch View Post
    I think you would the left and right off that receiver probably remove the low end signal.

    I do think you should try bridging the l/r on the sub it may help you with a db or two of gian. If it seems loud enough now you should be fine.
    Not all speaker outputs can be bridged. The amp may see a short or worse give up it's smoke.....

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I fail to see why it matters. Adjust the gain if you have to. Unless that sub is a DVC and each input uses one coil (I don't think thats how it works), there is zero to gain.
    Correct .....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 11:37 AM
  2. Toshiba TV Split instructions
    By AsSiMiLaTeD in forum Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 08:39 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 01:18 PM
  4. Ah! install instructions
    By howie777 in forum Car Audio & Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 08:27 PM
  5. Instructions on how to clean your toilet
    By hoosier21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts