Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Default Beam me up Scotty, I've had enough

Fukitol
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Sorry we had a transporter accident and your going to be stuck there for quiet a wile.
    Absolute corruption empowers absolutely.

Lg 55LW5600 TV
    Onkyo PR-SC 5508
    Legacy Audio Focus SE
    Legacy Audio Silverscreen HD center
    Polk F/X500i Rears
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Sunfire Grand Cinema
    Behringer iNUKE NU6000DSP
    Pair of CraigSUB SS-18.1

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Relax!
    It's bound to get worse.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Remedy for now.........glowing tubes, SDA's and your favorite tunes, smoking jacket, moldy cheese and mahogany pipe. Works every time.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (4)

It is getting crazy isn't it Jesse?

I think the societal motto is: "I believe (in)sanity"
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I feel you F1. The hackers and spammers are really messing things up here these days. Then PF'nB goes and buys a frigging Porsche on eprey, sight unseen no less.

Thre is no hope for us after all. (Insert laughy face here)
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

In Colorado, Fukitol is legal.
    |Fronts - Peerless RTA-12B | Center(s) - Peerless Monitor 5 | Rears - Peerless Monitor 4 |
    |Amp for fronts - Yamaha CA-1010 | Preamp (and amp for center/rears) - RX-V667 |
    |TV - Philips 46" Smart LED | Gaming - Xbox 360 | Headphones - Fidelio X1 |

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Remedy for now.........glowing tubes, SDA's and your favorite tunes, smoking jacket, moldy cheese and mahogany pipe. Works every time.

H9
    It's stopped working.

I've never talked about personal issues here, but this time....well, let's just say it seems I've lost my soulmate. She is the most amazing, incredible and wonderful woman I've ever known. I'm lost guys.
    Last edited by F1nut; 09-18-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

First week or two is going to suck. Set Facebook so you can't see any of her status updates, if you're on Facebook. Stay as busy as you can. Friends, OT at work, anything. It seems like the end of the world. Every time. It gets better. Every time.
    Last edited by Nightfall; 09-18-2013 at 02:05 AM.
    |Fronts - Peerless RTA-12B | Center(s) - Peerless Monitor 5 | Rears - Peerless Monitor 4 |
    |Amp for fronts - Yamaha CA-1010 | Preamp (and amp for center/rears) - RX-V667 |
    |TV - Philips 46" Smart LED | Gaming - Xbox 360 | Headphones - Fidelio X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    It's stopped working.

I've never talked about personal issues here, but this time....well, let's just say it seems I've lost my soulmate. She is the most amazing, incredible and wonderful woman I've ever known. I'm lost guys.
    That sucks!
    No advice from me on making it better.We all gotta work thru that kind of pain our own way.
    Just don't get drunk and do anything stupid.It doesn't help.
    I've tried it.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    It's stopped working.

I'm sorry Jesse. Here we all thought you meant the "world" in general, and this is a very personal thing. I am very sorry for you losing your soulmate Jesse. You will be in my prayers to help you through this time. Please accept my condolences and if you need to talk, you know my number.
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion."

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

It sucks, nothing will help other that time, and friends.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Been there too, more than once. Keeping busy, and time are the only things that truly work. It sucks, but there's no way around it.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL
    Center: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat & Hurricane Nuts.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350

"So is there any tread left on those tires or is it just like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Sorry to hear that Jesse. I've been there before and it sucks for sure. Best thing to do is, if you have young kids, stay close and see them as much as you can. Time is a great healer imho.
    --Gary--

Quote Originally Posted by halo71 View Post
    Time is a great healer imho.
    Right, I used to believe that too. Except we've all been endowed with this thing called a "memory". While time may ease the pain some, you still lose a bit of zest for life. One of my favorite quotes comes from an Indiana Jones movie ....." At some point, life stops giving you things and starts taking away."

Jess, I know personal stuff isn't your bag to float around a public forum, but whatever it is we wish you well and strength to get threw it all.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Hang in there Jesse!! I'm really sorry to hear that! Take things at your pace and do what you (and her) think is right. It may not be over yet....

You must be devastated. I'am at a loss of words so sorry to hear of your loss, please take care of yourself and remember the times you had together.

Very sorry to hear that, as others have said been there done that. It will get better just takes a while. Hope everything goes ok.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Jesse, very sorry for your loss. Hang in there, probably the worst thing you can experience with life. Not much consolation but it will get better. It will never be the same, but it will get better.

Prayers

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Hang in there. Lots on here have been through the same thing. It svcks. Things will get better. Time heals even though memories are still there

Time to get out of town for a couple of days and find something fun to do

Good luck
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (2)

unfortunately, words fail me - all the best, compadre.
    all the best,
    mrh

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Its tough Jesse. Must be in the water. My bride of 35 years and I are having a really hard time right now and probably on the shakest ground ever.

Hang in there but hopefully things will turn around and you both will be stronger for having experienced this time.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Sorry to hear this Jesse.

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Jesse - hang in there, things will get better, and a new normal will begin. Keep focused and keep busy.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

ummm sorry don't mean to sound cold...Did someone die? or is he just heartbroken?

Either way hang in there Jesse we're here for you buddy.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Sorry to hear that. But, these things happen to everyone, eventually. I've seen almost everyone in my parents' generation leave and that includes two parents and a step-parent. Been to so many funerals in the last five years my head is spinning. Hang in there.

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Jesse, I have LOTS of Scotch and you are welcome in West Des Moines any time.
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

Quote Originally Posted by cnh View Post
    Sorry to hear that. But, these things happen to everyone, eventually. I've seen almost everyone in my parents' generation leave and that includes two parents and a step-parent. Been to so many funerals in the last five years my head is spinning. Hang in there.

cnh

Sorry to hear that too CNH, same boat here. Then again who hasn't lost anyone once you start getting up in age ? Just my opinion, but losing a relative isn't the same as a husband or wife especially if you've been together for a good length of time. Your very existence, your heart and soul meld together. When one departs, the loss can be unbearable. No words can describe that emptiness left behind and nothing will fill that void. The only thing left is to hold on to the others you hold dear, embed your love and effort, and time to where it will do the most good for you, and your family.

Time....will take us all eventually. What we do with that time we have left is up to us. We are all different in how we deal with the loss of loved ones. We each find our own way to move on until we ourselves are taken by time. If this is indeed Jesse's wife we are talking about, my condolences Sir, nothing more I can say will suppress what you must be feeling. God bless.....

Sorry to hear of your troubles Jesse. Don't know exactly what kind of loss you experienced, whether it's through death or decision. I've found writing down thoughts and feelings to be hugely effective in gaining clarity, unloading your brain so stuff doesn't circulate endlessly. It's a way of getting to feelings that may be too complicated or painful otherwise.

Alcohol and drugs, use sparingly. After the high wears off, the situation is remains unchanged, but now you have a hangover too.

Take care of yourself and use PM to reach out if you need to.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Thread Information