So Best Buy has suckered me in. I will be picking up a HTC One today since its only 50 bucks with a 2 year contract as opposed to 100+ like the Galaxy S3, and iPhone 5. This phone will replace my iPhone 4 for 90% of my use. And if I dont like it, well I will sell it and re-activate my iPhone 4, or just get a 5.
I have the following plans in my head for the One
1. Keep my iPhone and leave it connected to my car stereo via USB. Use MOG on the iPhone and the HTC One's hotspot capability to get the iPhone access to the web to play music. This lets me keep control of my MOG playback through my headunit, rather than the 3.5mm jack.
2. Re-setup MediaMonkey to use to sync music to my iPhone so I can have only one library. My car is close enough to my apartment that my iPhone can connect to it, so I should be able to sync wirelessly to it. I also can downsample my library so more of it fits on the 16 gig iPhone.
This leads to the following stupid questions:
1. Do I have to pay extra to use my HTC One as a Hotspot or is that something that you just can do with it?
2. Is there something similar to Siri/Voice Commands for Droid devices to setup reminders/appointments or talk to text messages? That was the one of the few nice feature in the 4s and now 5 (besides LTE) that were potentially interesting to me.
3. I have Voice Navigation with Google Maps with the One correct? Again this would be nice as my 4 doesnt have it.
4. Apps Here are the apps I have on my iPhone that I hope some are available on Android, or have a similar app.
Panasonic TV Remote
What other apps are folks using with their Droid devices that I should check out?
5. Also any just general comments about going to Android/HTC One from a iPhone 4 are appreciated. I haven't picked up the unit yet so if there are deal-breakers I haven't thought out, I would love to know now