This is a project that's going to Salt Lake City very shortly. I've had these speakers for a few years. The pictures show a Monitor 4.6 pair that was on ebay recently. I don't have any pictures of mine in their original state, but they looked just like those black ones in the photos, except not in as good of shape.
The agenda for these included:
1. Build out the enclosures. For this, I debated on what I wanted to do, but finally settled on making the enclosure walls 1/2-inch thicker, all the way around. I've been curious about the look of a larger bevel on the Monitor speakers, and with these I had the chance to experiment.
2. Crossover work, of course.
3. New oak veneer and finish.
4. New grill cloth and refinished metal badges, which replaced the plastic ones.
5. Replacement of the vinyl front face with a twill-weave carbon fiber (the real thing, not vinyl look-alike).
6. Inserts for spikes, furniture gliders, whatever.
7. Mix and match better individual drivers.
8. Beef up the mounting for the woofer.