Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Randy, I'm not the praying type but your daughter has been in my thoughts since you started this thread. I'm sure it will all work out in the end and she will be better because of it. Might be a bit ironic from me, but keep faith and keep helping her pull through.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Thanks Dskip for the thoughts. It was a rough day for her today. They stopped pumping out her stomach to see if intestines were workng midmorning but they had to hook it up again. No go yet. So tube in stomach is staying. They got her doped up & shes in & out all day :( which isnt like her. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day :)

Best of luck to you and your family!

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    Thanks Dskip for the thoughts. It was a rough day for her today. They stopped pumping out her stomach to see if intestines were workng midmorning but they had to hook it up again. No go yet. So tube in stomach is staying. They got her doped up & shes in & out all day :( which isnt like her. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day :)
    I know it's heartbreaking, but consider that her entire digestive track is essentially in "Shock" right now. She's in the right place, with the right people around her, and a loving and supporting family by her side. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL
    Center: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat & Hurricane Nuts.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350

"So is there any tread left on those tires or is it just like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

^^^^ 3-5 days is what they said to start working. I was just able to see the opening where they operated. Its about 8in & hopefully they will close it up tomorrow. Her face has more color than ever before,so big plus. Fingers crossed :) THANKS ALL

Sorry to hear about the setback, Randy. It sounds like you have good docs, though, and that they're on top of it. Stay positive - she sounds like a tough little girl.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

MUCH BETTER DAY--noonish they took her off Morphine & moved the epidural to different spot on back..she was more alert finally. Surgeon says infection is under control but still doesnt know orgin where it came from? Hopefully stitch up the opening tomorrow. pump still in stomach & was hoping to see it out tomorrow (which i keep saying) but just got message from wife saying NOT. So still waiting for the intestines to kick in. She is allowed 1oz of water per hour & when she does it pumps it out in sec's. The little bugger wants a ice pop still--NOT :) its looking good though- Thank you for all your support & reply's. Venting helps

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Praying for your daughter and her medical issues. Hang in there Randy!
    Carl

Glad to see progress is being made, even if in smaller steps than you would hope.

When I had my stomach surgery it took a couple days for everything to start working, and I didnt have near the amount of stuff done your daughter had.

Prayers sent your way.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Good to hear Randy. Won't belong before she's up and about.....spending your money. Blessings sent for continued success on her recovery. Now.....about that Pony....LOL.

Thanks all. They want her up n walking today. Her insides are starting to work so progress is happening. She hate's the tube in nose going to stomach as it is bigger than normal nose tubes. Tube in side going into stomach was removed this morning. It Wont be be long & she'll be back at raising heck :)
    Last edited by boston1450; 10-03-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    RANDY
    ~SDA2b Adcom gfa555 565pre 555t 600cd Pioneer PLa35d
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer
    ~Marantz 2252b 5025b 6300tt Tech-a4010s monitor 7b
    ~Yamaha cr2040 Advent2 Monitor 10a
    ~Rotel RV555 monitor 4 series 2 -office-
    ~Pioneer seQ404 headphones

Awesome to hear! Small steps forward and still steps forward!!
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Another GREAT DAY..stitched up 3/4 of 8-10 inch opening. Other end tomorrow. Getting nutrients in IV.(she hadnt eatting but once in 12 days. Tube out of nose/stomach & little bugger drank about 4-6oz & got sick.(was told 1 per hour-IV does whats needed).Doesnt listen like her dad. Took 4 laps around B Bush wing. Epidural coming out tomorrow possibly. LOOKING GOOD FINGERS CROSSED. Quick healer & stubbornly strong little girl..

Best of luck to you and your little girl! Heartbreaking story, to say the least! Im praying for her! Godspeed!
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"

Randy, any day with progress and improvement, is a good day, end of story. Good to know she's gettin better :)
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II > Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Bedroom
    Harman Kardon HK 3490/HK 3375
    A:Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers Black
    B:Polk Monitor (Model) 5 with Peerless Tweets
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

^^^ Yes, +1 ^^^

Glad to hear the good news, Randy.

We're all pullin' for her!

Awesome!. Everyone reacts differently to all types of surgeries. She and her body are doing things on their own schedule, not the doctors. Bless all of you. She'll be home when she's supposed to be.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project

"So is there any tread left on those tires or is it just like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"

That's good news Randy. Have you shared her name? I will completely understand if you do not want to, but it helps make it more personal to know her name.

Quote Originally Posted by rooftop59 View Post
    That's good news Randy. Have you shared her name? I will completely understand if you do not want to, but it helps make it more personal to know her name.
    He disclosed her name, Rebecca. I think we're all hoping she pulls through and can feel normal :)
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Bedroom
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

REBECCA is doing wonderful today..1st day eating 6 slices of banana & apple juice. Limited menu/amounts. 2 laps around wing. Incision will be open couple more days maybe. Still testing bacteria so no infection starts again ;) LUNCH NOW She is quickly healing. Maybe home M-Tue :)

Great news!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Member Sales Rating: (10)

That's great to hear, Randy! My sister-in-law had a surgery (years ago) that allowed food to pass from esophagus to stomach normally. Allowed her to eat/live normally after years of troubles and inability to put on weight. I'm sure the years where she wasn't diagnosed correctly were frustrating and frightening, but now you and Rebecca can look forward to a lifetime of blessed "normalcy".

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Good news, Randy. Remember, your daughter is very "young" and hence will heal very very quickly! And that's a good thing! I'm sure once she gets clearance and they close everything up. She'll be better than "new"!

I had a friend who had his legs crushed in a head on crash in his 20's. We were told he might not walk again. He was in Full leg casts with metal pins all over the place for over six months. Within a year he was walking on his own with no help and soon after that, pins and all he was FULLY NORMAL, could jump, run, heck, dance if he wanted to. You would never have known anything had happened to him. I wish the same for your daughter, and I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to see, Dad.

I have a daughter myself (16) so I know how strong that bond can be!

All our best!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Wow that had to be some accident Cnh. He will feel it later in life possibly but ya cant let that slow you down:) good for him
    RANDY
    ~SDA2b Adcom gfa555 565pre 555t 600cd Pioneer PLa35d
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer
    ~Marantz 2252b 5025b 6300tt Tech-a4010s monitor 7b
    ~Yamaha cr2040 Advent2 Monitor 10a
    ~Rotel RV555 monitor 4 series 2 -office-
    ~Pioneer seQ404 headphones

Well let see. Day 7 & she didnt sleep good last night as i was there at 5:15am. she has got sick 5 times today with very little food & heart rate is sticking at 95-100bpm-130 so doctor is on his way to her room right this min. Im not sure if its because sleep or what. Maybe medicines or epidural which is coming out tomorrow anyway. They will be installing tube out of gash in stomach so it can drain fluids. Poor little kid. I bought her a small pumpkin & stuffed animal for her table this morning ON MY OWN. As the wife would say. But the little bugger is still in good spirts :) be back there at 5:15 am

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    Well let see. Day 7 & she didnt sleep good last night as i was there at 5:15am. she has got sick 5 times today with very little food & heart rate is sticking at 95-100bpm-130 so doctor is on his way to her room right this min. Im not sure if its because sleep or what. Maybe medicines or epidural which is coming out tomorrow anyway. They will be installing tube out of gash in stomach so it can drain fluids. Poor little kid. I bought her a small pumpkin & stuffed animal for her table this morning ON MY OWN. As the wife would say. But the little bugger is still in good spirts :) be back there at 5:15 am
    Sometimes it's two steps forward, one step back. Lot's of prayers for her
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

Yeah. Kinda hoping to bring her home M-T but we dont want any mishaps.Insurance company will love this bill & our 2500.00 ded...LOL wont even nibble this bill. Hope they dont drop us

Member Sales Rating: (17)

God Bless your daughter! I hope all the bad is over!
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    God Bless your daughter! I hope all the bad is over!
    +1 Lasareath
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Bedroom
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

Great news Randy, Rebecca Pm'ed me and we are in negotiations on how to wrangle that Pony out of you. I foresee lots of goodies in that little girls future. BTW, you don't want your daughter talking to any of us, you'd be one broke S.O.B. by the time we were done. LOL...

Thread Information