Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Yeah-she doesnt need any help in that dept..shes doin great. They think shes allergic to narcotics BIG PLUS & running more test/scans before she leaves this time-hope not to see these vnice people again,unless we visit LOL.

Well let see. Yesterday went very well. She ate some & kept it down & everything went well. Surgeon came 7am. If she can show improvement on how much she eats-she can possibly go home.tomorrow if scans are positive. They have a sponge inside her incision-so nurse will be coming to house every other day. A pump vacuums up & sponge collects fluid & matter.aslo with a IV in arm. Shes not to keen on idea LOL but mom n me are happy there. MAN i thought when i did something,i did it butt good. Shes definitely my daughter:) THE IS LIGHT AT END OF TUNNEL
    Last edited by boston1450; 10-07-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Good to read Randy, I'll say this on behalf of all the polkies here, give her a big hug from us, she deserves it :)
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II > Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Bedroom
    Harman Kardon HK 3490/HK 3375
    A:Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers Black
    B:Polk Monitor (Model) 5 with Peerless Tweets
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

+1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Awesome
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL
    Center: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat & Hurricane Nuts.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals, Custom Rebuilt Equalizer
    www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Wife called me n said she not feeling good So we'll see. Fingers X

Still in our thoughts and prayers. Hope things improve and she is back at home soon.

Member Sales Rating: (18)

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    Wife called me n said she not feeling good So we'll see. Fingers X
    I am hoping it is only due to the fact she is eating and perhaps not so used to it. Thoughts are with you and your family. Please keep us posted.
    HT- HK 335, Rotel 1075, Miova PC, AQ Indigo speaker cable, XLO jumpers, AQ Diamondback Ics, AQ HDMI x2, AQ component, Signal cable analog II Ics, Signal cable digcoax, Signal cable Toslink, Rti8, Csi5, Rti6, Energy s10.2, Panny 42" Plasma, PS3, Harmony 1100 (on the way, thanks Sal) and Harmony PS3 Adapter(picking it up tonight) LG dvdp(for the kids) , Monster 3600MKII all on a dedicated circuit.

Yesterday she had a small box of fruit loops.thats it. Still hooked to nutrition IV :) thats it.so maybe today a better day. Strange how she had a good day then relapse. Time thing,healing process. Aiming for Thursday now pending scans :) enjoying the time with her
    RANDY
    ~SDA2b Adcom gfa555 565pre 555t 600cd Pioneer PLa35d
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer
    ~Marantz 2252b 5025b 6300tt Tech-a4010s monitor 7b
    ~Yamaha cr2040 Advent2 Monitor 10a
    ~Rotel RV555 monitor 4 series 2 -office-
    ~Pioneer seQ404 2-4channel headphones

Continued prayers sent your way. The payoff will be worth it, this part though sucks and it can be hard to see past it.

Keep us updated man.

God speed on her recovery!
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    The payoff will be worth it, this part though sucks and it can be hard to see past it.
    This!! Keep your heads up, it'll be wort it in the end!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Wife went back to work last weekend & took today off-possibly thursday (she is at hospital every night)- we may be in the food stamp line soon Thank God for emergency fund.worth every penny :)
    RANDY
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer

Well the last couple of days havent been good. She hasnt eaten at all. There is blockage in the intestines. They ran bunch of test & they are going to try different methods or go back in for surgery- which i hope doesnt happen. She is down to 90 lbs so doctors put tube back in nose-thru stomach & hopefully beyond blockage to feed her. (That being better than nutrient bag. If that doesnt work back to bag.... She looked at her mother & with sadness & twitch of her face & said was the operations a waist of time. So the wife explained it to her that its a process. I think she is tired of being there. No energy. Just sleeping alot with all the tubes. My wife was home 1 day A FRIDAY since the 24th of last month. She will not leave her side at night. I got myself a heck of a woman & her & Rebecca are very close. GOD BLESS HER & he is watching over them :) things will get better

We are praying hard for all of you, we have not been posting, but we have been following this, god bless you all.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy76 View Post
    We are praying hard for all of you, we have not been posting, but we have been following this, god bless you all.
    thank you..no need to.. These are just updates..thats why i havent been posting LOL shes one tuff little kid. Ive seen her heal with big black & blues to face/head from falling off deck onto tar driveway 4ft off ground & heal withing 2 days-or rack up a dirtbike. But she cant heal till its fixed. Tough little bugger..just got message from wife. Shes up & smiling. Big plus. Hope tube thingy is working. I will be there at 5:15
    Last edited by boston1450; 10-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    RANDY

Attachment 90619said i wasnt going to but :) she is sitting up n smiling tonight & thats how she always is... hope she will be home soon :) thought id like the quiet time but i miss the family ;)
    RANDY

Well alittle bit of a better day today. Incision is looking very good.still has pump in stomach. She is allowed to eat ice chips & that is it. She was able to take a shower this morning & looked great till got sick at 10am then she slept all day till mrs got there..jus a time thing now to heal..hopefully home by wed .

Good luck on the return home. Still thinking of you guys down in Texas.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Thank you Dskip ^^^ Finally things are looking good she had a great day today. We went for walk thru hospital with IV cart & even went into a outdoor circle where they have tables outside. Doctors think her intestines are finally woke up. With her 2 major surgerys they took longer than normal to come around. Best day yet. Hoping by Monday she may be able to eat solid (lite) food again & then they may let her come home. Nurse will be coming to her VS staying in hospital. So hopefully things will continue for recovery..ive had plenty of PM's & i thank you all & i will keep updating until she gets out.. THANKS AGAIN

Great news Randy!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL
    Center: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat & Hurricane Nuts.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals, Custom Rebuilt Equalizer
    www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Missed a couple of the updates. Poor kid, glad she's feeling better. I've spent my time in hospitals, not something anyone looks forward to. Glad she has such a close and caring family. Hopefully this is the turning point. Those are some rather "complex" surgeries, surgeons messing with a very "delicate" and "intricate" system, regardless of how good they might be or how much they think they may "know" about it. In the end, it will be your daughter's body and mind that do the mending. And that is as it should be.

All our best wishes for her return home, soon!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Thinking of you and your family, hope she is well on her way out of there.
    Take care,
    Doug
    Doug

Stromberg Carlson ASR 120
    Thorens TD126 MK II, Kyocera PL-701, B&O Beogram 1700, Philips 777
    Wharfedale W70, Ohm Walsh II, Electro-voice 15trx, KLH 17, ADS L420

Sounds like she has gotten thru the worst, getting up and around will do wonders, and can you imagine what that food will taste like for her, god bless all of you.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Praying for you guys. Hope all is going well today.
    Display: Sony KV-34HS420 34" CRT
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Pioneer Elite VSX-53TX
    Fronts: Polk RT1000p
    Center: Polk CS400i
    Surrounds: Polk RT55
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD

Hopefully she's over the worst now and its all downhill from here.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Thank you all. Today she slept most of the day. She was told by Doctor she can eat small amounts. She slept all day because she wasnt feeling so hot & headache. I left at 4 when misses showed up. Rebecca got up & eat for the first time in days. 1/3 of a grill cheese & small thingy of peaches. So hope it goes well....she is hooked to a bag of nutreints which goes into a (pick) line into her arm.. And as you can see the nose tube runs @ 30 NOW which brings food to BEYOND the troubled area in her intestines (which are working :) as soon as she can maintain food going down OR gets the 30 to 65 she can come home.. Its looking great though. TIME IS WHAT IS NEEDED. It may take a month or 2 for her to get back on track but the end results will be a lifetime of happiness. Like i said above... She said she feels hungry & at 17 1/2 she has always been afraid to eat because it hurt.. She is one tuff kid. Maybe now she will put on some weight. She also lost over 10 + lbs and was just under 90lbs on Friday & at 5'1 she needs too.. One tuff kid
    Last edited by boston1450; 10-13-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Randy, good to hear your patient is getting better slowly...mine is all back together...running ! highpoints of my long weekend....
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Bedroom
    Harman Kardon HK 3490/HK 3375
    A:Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers Black
    B:Polk Monitor (Model) 5 with Peerless Tweets
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

Praying that she continues to get better and has a high quality and amazing life. I have been working in a hospital for the last 7 years and just got hired on in the ICU as an RN. Reading about your daughters experience reminds me the importance of being a competent and compassionate nurse including a patient advocate. Thank you for sharing and please continue to keep us posted.

Well it appears the little girl is outta the woods, so that leaves only one question........

WHERE'S THE FRICKIN' PONY ?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eocuph View Post
    Praying that she continues to get better and has a high quality and amazing life. I have been working in a hospital for the last 7 years and just got hired on in the ICU as an RN. Reading about your daughters experience reminds me the importance of being a competent and compassionate nurse including a patient advocate. Thank you for sharing and please continue to keep us posted.
    Congrats to you. As a nurse you have to know quite a bit as i can see. We have been thankful that everyone here has been AWESOME.. I plan on sending a gift basket back to thank the people here. Made us very comfortable with the wife staying here every night & me in the day. I heard stories of kids here alone but we couldnt do that even at a young 17. Our Rebecca has been doing great..she is at 50 on the meter & has eaten breakfast & just got done eating lunch. Wouldnt be surprised to see her out of here Wed.. With no tubes if she can continue with the progress shes doing now :)

Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    Congrats to you. As a nurse you have to know quite a bit as i can see. We have been thankful that everyone here has been AWESOME.. I plan on sending a gift basket back to thank the people here. Made us very comfortable with the wife staying here every night & me in the day. I heard stories of kids here alone but we couldnt do that even at a young 17. Our Rebecca has been doing great..she is at 50 on the meter & has eaten breakfast & just got done eating lunch. Wouldnt be surprised to see her out of here Wed.. With no tubes if she can continue with the progress shes doing now :)
    Hey now this is real improvement man...all the best in her continued recovery ! :)
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen

Bedroom