Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by westmassguy View Post
    That sucks Randy. She knows her body better than anyone does.
    we called the number they gave us. Packed our stuff QUICKLY & drove 50mins then in the ER & person calls back & says bring her back to hospital--poor little kid has been through alot

For someone from the infection control dept to say something like that is ludicrous. I'm not a doctor, but seems to me she should have been sent home with antibiotics. Anything involving the digestive tract is open to the possibility of infection.
    My thoughts and prayers are again with you all.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL
    Center: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat & Hurricane Nuts.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350

"So is there any tread left on those tires or is it just like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Your 100% correct..ill update in a bit..Surgeons should be here soon

Infection pocket are the problem-good reason to stop antibiotics & send her home without meds. OXYcodones will fix it..she will probably be here another 3-4 days or more depending. Sarcasm because 30+ hrs no sleep..wife took LOA from college :( but our daughter means more :) THIS WILL PASS :) god is beside her :)

Just thought id update. Not much progress lately. So i havent much to update.was thinking she might be home Monday.But thats not happening. Recovery at home will not be as helpful. she has 3 pumps on the tree & one on the floor. Lost too much weight has made her very week & tired. Back to #10 on nutrient pump setting--will need to be at 50-65 before she can go home.. Hope she is sitting up today..

Havent updated lately so thought i would tonight. Our daughter is doing much better now. For the last day & half big turnaround. She is up n walking & still hooked up to everything still. She is allowed soft foods & has a appetite. She snuck part of moms salad today & was hungry later on.. Things are looking good. They ran lots of test this week & she has been on 2-3 medications that seem to work. She may be on some of them for life ? We are hoping to have her home Fri or Monday. This time they are making sure though. We will still have nurse Kelly to change wick in incision & wife will be changing outer 2 times daily. Things are looking up :)

That's great to hear Randy! Even though hospitals suck it might be better to keep her there until she is ready to come home for good. Hope that happens soon!

Great to hear Randy!
    I hope she is out of the woods for good this time.
    Doug

Stromberg Carlson ASR 120
    Thorens TD126 MK II, Kyocera PL-701, B&O Beogram 1700, Philips 777
    Wharfedale W70, Ohm Walsh II, Electro-voice 15trx, KLH 17, ADS L420

Thanks guys ^^ They are sending her home tomorrow . Im not too certain but we will try....last time she got out infection level was 38 1-day before she got out.. 20 is the good range-they did not send her out with antibiotics.. 2 days ago it was 45 & today it was 46.. 20being normal safe level - kinda SCARES ME - Im thinking she will be coming home with PIK LINE in arm & we inject fluid in it 2-3 times daily or have to running continuous as we have IV stand already..interesting..when all this began we thought a week or so.. What a experience.. Between travel & food we average 35-45 per day on the cheap just on gas & crappy food so i hope the home thing works. I have enjoyed being with my daughter & worth every penny. She has been eating alittle bit for the last 24 hours & still has feed in Intestine & today they removed TPN dont ask what it means but its nutrients IV'd into body. That where we stand now but i am cautious about all this..
    Last edited by boston1450; 10-24-2013 at 08:09 PM.

God spares, everything will work out fine this time.
    Prayers for her as always Randy
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL
    Center: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat & Hurricane Nuts.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350

"So is there any tread left on those tires or is it just like throwing a hotdog down a hallway?"

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

THANKS..Sorry to say--BUT NOT REALLY...they are disconnecting a few things & trying oral medications-as if we were home. If she is ok tomorrow the 1 cool surgeons says she can go home Sunday.. The 1 that pushed her out the door 2 times already didnt say a word. I agreed with that decission..So Sunday if it all goes well. My wife will be changing her WICK that is in insicion which is about only 2.5in deep now. It is closing up slowly HEALING inside out & nurse should only be needing to stop by once in while. Our Doctors office is close & we will still need to go to Portland once a week. They have her on multiple antibiotics now & bloodwork tomorrow would be nice to see where that is.but best of all she is eating much better now & its all recorded. Hoping the nose tube to intestine & PIK line-will be gone when she is ready to leave....looking good Thanks

Thoughts and prayers to you folks.

Thanks oldrocker. As far as i know she is still coming home tomorrow mid day. little bugger got sick because she says she chugged water tonight.she puked out the nose tube again that goes into her intestine. She was able to eat supper still & kept it down. Kid is killing me LOL. Well see how tomorrow morn/mid day goes. Hopefully good :)

Hopes tomorrow is beyond better. If you ever need a file cabinet to kick, let me know, I have many of them with dents in em..
    All the best...
    Quote Originally Posted by boston1450 View Post
    Thanks oldrocker. As far as i know she is still coming home tomorrow mid day. little bugger got sick because she says she chugged water tonight.she puked out the nose tube again that goes into her intestine. She was able to eat supper still & kept it down. Kid is killing me LOL. Well see how tomorrow morn/mid day goes. Hopefully good :)

^^^^ you dont have enough for this kids events LOL

Glad to hear of her progress, even if it's slow. Hospitals have so much infection around, I'm sure the surgeons want her to be home as much as you do. The fact that she's able to eat a little by mouth is a really good sign.

FYI, TPN = total parenteral nutrition. It means she's getting her calories by special formula through an IV line into a large vein. It's a way to bypass her GI tract so it can heal.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

^^^^ yes i guess LOL.... we thought today they were going to hook them back up. She lost 3 lbs in the last few days even when eating. Doctor decided this morning to keep her till tomorrow. WOW my head is spinning when it comes to which darn day she is coming home. We actually though up till 4pm she was staying longer. She told us she was tired this morning & slept most of day. She ate 6 bites of salad & got sick. (We think her system is still in shock).She said she was afraid to say she felt bad because she wanted to come home. We had a long talk & miraculously she started feeling better & ate at 6pm. So i think it will still happen tomorrow. Her SED ? Infection rate was 40----- it was 46 on the 24th so thats looking good & progressing in the right direction. They should take the PIK LINE out of her arm before she leaves AS they have it capped off now (just in case they kept it in) so 1 more day i travel to Portland i hope :) THANKS for all the kind replys & pm's it really has helped as i see my wife for a short period & i travel there & back EVERY DAY it has been appreciated ....Randy
    Last edited by boston1450; 10-27-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Dont think a lack of posts by us is a sign we arent following and praying, a lot.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Keep us informed on her progress!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy76 View Post
    Dont think a lack of posts by us is a sign we arent following and praying, a lot.
    No need to Scott got your pm :) She is doing fine they want her at aleast 1200-1500 calories & that hasnt worked out so well. She hates the food so ive bee cooking last night & tonight. They look at her intake & hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Last night they hooked her up on IV because she stood up & felt faint because lack of nutrients.Shes pissed off because she wants to leave. So crank a$$ too-today. I think tomorrow will be better. I know she will be better feed at home because that food gives me the willy's too.LOL
    RANDY
    ~SDA2b Adcom gfa555 565pre 555t 600cd Pioneer PLa35d
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer
    ~Marantz 2252b 5025b 6300tt Tech-a4010s monitor 7b
    ~Yamaha cr2040 Advent2 Monitor 10a
    ~Rotel RV555 monitor 4 series 2 -office-
    ~Pioneer seQ404 2-4channel headphones

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy76 View Post
    Definitely!

Hope she feels better and comes home soon! There are at least two things that Hospitals are bad at:
    1. Keeping things sanitary and infection free (some of the worst bacterial infections are contracted through long stays in hospitals (MRSA, for example, tons and tons of it).
    2. Serving edible "food". Haven't seen much of this in this setting.

Hopefully, getting home will mean less exposure to all the "unclean" surfaces in a hospital, and some good food!

Wishing for the best!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Thank you Cnh. Thank you all,for your kind responses. She was discharged tonight & this evening went very well. After reading Bens stuff it makes me relize how greatful i am. Wife & daughter thinks things are going much much beter this time & healing will happen quickly as she usually does. So my fingers are crossed with ease this time. Thanks & im glad she is home..Randy

Glad she's home Randy, hope she has a speedy recovery.
    Dan

Thanks Dan..im hoping this thread will end as with her bein in good health. Shes quite the young lady & a joy to be around. Glad things will be back to the norm too :)
    RANDY
    ~SDA2b Adcom gfa555 565pre 555t 600cd Pioneer PLa35d
    ~SDA1c Denon POA2200 Yamaha RX-V1(gold) HK25 AT-LP120tt-HT 4/rs Cs400i/cc Premier Acoustic PA-150 subwoofer
    ~Marantz 2252b 5025b 6300tt Tech-a4010s monitor 7b
    ~Yamaha cr2040 Advent2 Monitor 10a
    ~Rotel RV555 monitor 4 series 2 -office-
    ~Pioneer seQ404 2-4channel headphones

Good news Randy....tell her she has all the ice cream she can eat ....on me.

Doesn't matter what age you are, we need constant reminders that our health is the single most important factor that begs our attention.

Great news!
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Is everything still going well?

^^^ she is doing very well now. Adjusting nicely. Follow ups are going well. Still a tiny little ball of fire :) Thank you for asking.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

That's good news, I'm glad your angel is doing better.

Source: Squeezebox Touch/CIA Power Supply
    DAC: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Linestage: Placette RVC Passive
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12-NSD

Amazing news. Glad she's getting better!

Thread Information