Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Old Tweeter Repair or Replace

    I have a pair of old Monitor 4 (I don't think they are exactly monitor 4 but they seem to have the same parts) and one of the speakers has a broken SL1500 tweeter. Are tweeters repairable or am I going to have to look for replacements? I have looked for replacements and they seem to be impossible to find.

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kidnapster View Post
    I have a pair of old Monitor 4 (I don't think they are exactly monitor 4 but they seem to have the same parts) and one of the speakers has a broken SL1500 tweeter. Are tweeters repairable or am I going to have to look for replacements? I have looked for replacements and they seem to be impossible to find.
    Not nearly as difficult as it may seem:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-S...item2c72010c77

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-S...item3381f93a83

    take your pick

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    hm... that's interesting. when i looked there was only one and I need a pair of them if I'm going to get the second series. But I'm still interested to know if trying to repair them would be plausible.

    Thank you!

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kidnapster View Post
    But I'm still interested to know if trying to repair them would be plausible.Thank you!
    Go for it. Ever tried to solder wire as thin or thinner than your hair? If you think you can by all means do it.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Go for it. Ever tried to solder wire as thin or thinner than your hair? If you think you can by all means do it.
    +1 on this!...or stated another way, buy the replacements and don't think further about it.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    Go for it. Ever tried to solder wire as thin or thinner than your hair? If you think you can by all means do it.
    Yes...but it only held for a couple of months (this was on an SL2000).
    Yamaha DSP-A1 Integrated Amp
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets (dual centers)
    B&O TX2 Turntable
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD
    Samsung BD-P2550 Blu-Ray/DVD
    LG LST-3410a OTA DVR
    Princeton AF3.0HD Monitor
    Optoma HD65 Projector

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Old PS3, repair or replace?
    By jflail2 in forum Video Games
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 11:54 AM
  2. Repair or Replace ?
    By thompty in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 12:30 PM
  3. Need Help To Repair or Replace????
    By I-SIG in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 08:28 PM
  4. Need Help what would you do - repair or replace?
    By brody05 in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 09:14 AM
  5. RM3000 help -- repair or replace?
    By orphancars in forum Troubleshooting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 09:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts