Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Another Polkie back in the SDA family!

I found a pair of MINT SDA CRS+, WITH rebuilt crossovers & RD0-198 tweets WITH mint original stands AND in black! They are truly beautiful to look at and they sound fantastic. I'm not kidding when I say mint. The owner could have said they were brand new and I would have believed him. I paid $350 for them which was worth it to me with the original stands and the 4.1 TL mod already finished. We're in the middle of a move, but as soon as we get somewhat settled in I'll post up some pics.

I love the tone of these speakers and I can't wait to throw some vinyl at them. I want to use my monoblocks with them so is anybody up for hire to build me an AI-1?

Anyway, glad to be back!

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Congrat
    Sony XBR-4, Pioneer KRP-500M
    LSi25, LSiFX, PSW1000, Just add a Bose 901
    Yamaha Z-11, Emotiva RPA-2
    Onkyo SP-1000, Denon DVD-9000, Emotiva ERC-1, Toshiba XA2, Toshiba A35, Panasonic BD-30K, Sony PS3-60GB

You'll enjoy them congrats. It's really pretty easy it build a dreadnought, give it a try
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Congrats on the SDA's audio381! Sounds like a nice deal you got bro!

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Congrats on greats speakers!

Welcome back to the world of SDA. Ditto on building an AI-1 - if you can connect speaker wires properly you can do this.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Member Sales Rating: (14)

You absolutely stole those. The 198's would cost you $100. I sold my original stands for $150 iirc. $350 for the whole nine is outrageous.

Did the previous owner do a complete rebuild of the crossovers? Or just added the TL cap?

A dreadnaught is easy. You should find out if Larry has any dreadnaught cases left.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    You absolutely stole those. The 198's would cost you $100. I sold my original stands for $150 iirc. $350 for the whole nine is outrageous.

Did the previous owner do a complete rebuild of the crossovers? Or just added the TL cap?

A dreadnaught is easy. You should find out if Larry has any dreadnaught cases left.
    Thanks everybody!

I'm not sure if they were completely redone, I forgot to ask. I guess I just assumed they were rebuilt with the TL mod done.

Good to hear that the dreadnaught is easy! I'll start doing some research on it.

Nice score! you should love those. Now hold on to them for a bit and enjoy em!

Great score. Wish I could find a pair close.

Great find! The SDA-CRS line is on the top of my want to audition list.
    Speakers: Polk Audio SDA 1C, SDA SRS-2 (fully modded), Monitor 4A, Infinity RS-6b and Infinity Kappa 8.
    Amplifiers: Carver TFM-25 (x2), Adcom GFA 555 and a Dynaco ST-70
    Pre: Carver C-1, Adcom GFP 710, Adcom GFP 555

Quote Originally Posted by audiocr381ve View Post
    Thanks everybody!

I'm not sure if they were completely redone, I forgot to ask. I guess I just assumed they were rebuilt with the TL mod done.

Good to hear that the dreadnaught is easy! I'll start doing some research on it.
    Remove one of the MW drivers, and stick a camera in there and snap a pic of the crossover and post here. In fact, do that with both speakers and post pics of both XO's.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Congrats audio381ve, that's a great get! I look forward to seeing the pics.

Did you get them from - or were they previously owned by - a CP member? I can't imagine a non-member out there with the interest/knowhow to do the 4.1TL upgrade on there own.

I'm the proud owner of Neil's stands original ones are hard to come buy, but to get 4.1tls with stands in mint condition at that price is the deal of a lifetime enjoy them. Schweet deal for sure

Quote Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
    Remove one of the MW drivers, and stick a camera in there and snap a pic of the crossover and post here. In fact, do that with both speakers and post pics of both XO's.
    I couldn't take pics but I did take a peak under the hood and the seller installed Solen fast caps all around, and did a damn clean install to boot. It looks like the polyswitch is still intact so I might have some work to do on the xovers. I'll post pics soon!

The seller did mention he was a CP member but no longer active.

Did he do the resistors too?

Member Sales Rating: (16)

If you are going to go in there and do some work on the x-overs replace the Solens on the high pass. Clarity or Sonicaps would be a much better choice.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I want to use my monoblocks with them so is anybody up for hire to build me an AI-1?
    I could build you one like this, but it would cost WAY more than your speakers. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...light=slightly

If you are going to go in there and do some work on the x-overs replace the Solens on the high pass. Clarity or Sonicaps would be a much better choice.
    A much better choice indeed!
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Thread Information