Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Default And there it is :frown:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/tech/i...html?hpt=hp_t3

well most of us have known this for years....

Member Sales Rating: (0)

It will live on in me LOL at least till I croak

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Mine still works/sounds just fine.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamM2 View Post
    Mine still works/sounds just fine.
    And how!

So I guess someday you'll walk into a quiet night club or bar, quiet only because people are dancing around with their head phones on.
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    So I guess someday you'll walk into a quiet night club or bar, quiet only because people are dancing around with their head phones on.
    good god it is like that now just not quiet. I went to night clubs to socialize. Now when you go everyone is sitting around texting or surfing their smartphones not interacting with anyone there or so it seems to me. Maybe they are texting their friend at the table or across the room

Awesome! Now all you guys can sell me your stuff on the cheap since you don't need it anymore lol
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    good god it is like that now just not quiet. I went to night clubs to socialize. Now when you go everyone is sitting around texting or surfing their smartphones not interacting with anyone there or so it seems to me. Maybe they are texting their friend at the table or across the room
    Exactly.....nothing bugs me more than to see a group of people with their nose constantly buried in their smart phones. I've gone out to dinner with people who simply can't put it down. I tell them to put it away or I will throw it out the door. Technology can be a gift if used properly, a curse if not.

Like the unspoken assumption of neighborhoods being safe, driving big powerful cars with no real concern of gas prices,people who werent there and do not know what it was like, will never know what they are missing
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Member Sales Rating: (12)

We are living in the "Matrix" and most are too blind to see it.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Education is the key guys/gals. I "educated" my kids (and wife) on good sound and it's not in a small box. Best of all, they agree...

headphones are for when you have to be quiet... Sound waves moving air in a room will never be replaced by headphones... not in my house. Most people are happy with a Blose system, and wouldn't know hi fidelity if from Shinola. Plus you can't have an Ipod and a set of earbuds as a hobby.
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Already here. Remember the days of the guys walking down the streets with the huge boom box on their shoulder, dancing as they walked. Now it's headphones. Same walk, same dance. At least we don't have to hear the music, lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by ken brydson View Post
    Already here. Remember the days of the guys walking down the streets with the huge boom box on their shoulder, dancing as they walked. Now it's headphones. Same walk, same dance. At least we don't have to hear the music, lol!!
    Ken raises an excellent point in that most of the ****e that gets played on earphones we wouldn't want to hear any way.
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

I saw that and almost posted about it. While the author has a semi-valid point, I disagree with his conclusion. In fact, I think now that high res files are becoming common place we are going to see resurgence of high fidelity. Thanks to technology, a lot of the gear can be miniaturized, but that doesn't mean it won't play well. Sometimes these articles remind me of other articles where, for example, one day coffee is bad for you, then a few weeks later there is another article saying coffee is good for you. It really wasn't that long ago where another article was saying how the vinyl resurgence was bringing people back to good stereos.

Thread Information