Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Will this be OK ????

The new drivers have finally arrived for my 3.1 TL's. I've read about the problem of under powering the SRS line.
    Will this be OK ????

Sansui AU-9500

Form Integrated Amplifier
    Output power Music power (IHF): 260W (4ohm, 1kHz)
    Effective output (one-side-channel operation): 85W/85W (8ohm, 1kHz)
    Effective output (both channel operation): 80W+80W (8 ohm, 1kHz)
    Succession effective output (both channel operation, the rated distortion of 8 ohm, 20Hz - 20kHz): 75W+75W

Last edited by pumpkinman; 09-28-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Here by the sea and sand nothing ever goes as planned.

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Rogue Audio Métis Preamplifier ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Member Sales Rating: (13)

You'll get sound, but the performance will be no where near what those speakers are capable of.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    You'll get sound, but the performance will be no where near what those speakers are capable of.
    Sometime next week I'll move the Vandersteen 3A's out and put in the Polks where there is 270 wpc. I was concerned about possible damage ??

McIntosh MC 7270 ~ Rogue Audio Métis Preamplifier ~ Rogue Stealth Phono Pre ~ Denon 5910 ~ Vandersteen 3A ~ VPI HW19 Mk III with upgraded platter, SME tonearm and Ortofon Kontrapunkt A cartridge

Member Sales Rating: (13)

As long as you don't rock out, it should be safe.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

As long as you don't rock out, it should be safe.
    I don't play music as loud as I use to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinman View Post
    I don't play music as loud as I use to.

Thanks
    The older I get the louder I have to play it, my ears aren't as good as when I was young :)
    "It currently doesn't have a remote because I'm pretty sure my ex threw it out at some point 'cause she's a whore.!"
    "Peace, Love and ICBM's"
    "50% Why... That's almost half."
    "I know, I'm sick and need help."
    ----
    www.gimpod.com
    ----
    "The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger

Sometime next week I'll move the Vandersteen 3A's out and put in the Polks where there is 270 wpc. I was concerned about possible damage ??
    That's a 75-watt integrated amplifier, that's had the specifications "juiced" to justify a 260-watt addendum to the chart.

Keep in mind that like ALL older equipment, it may not now be in condition to even meet the factory specs. The capacitors in particular may be "tired".

Absolutely.

Just confirm the 270 wpc is common ground.

Boston A400,VR950, DefTech BP10,, Klipsch Forte,KSP-400,KSF-C5,RF3,RC3.
    JBL L20t,L80t3, EPI 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,5A,7C, KEF Coda III, Yamaha NS-690, Genesis 3+.
    SUB:Deftech PF15TL+, DCM TB1010, Velodyne VA08BVX10. Pre: HK AP2500. Amps: BB175, Adcom GFA-535,555II, Rotel RB-990BX.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Just confirm the 270 wpc is common ground.

McIntosh MC7270 and I was told it is common ground.

Anyone know different ??

The MC7270 would be the better choice.
    Denon PMA-900V
    Linn Axis with Grado Red
    Cambridge Azur 650C
    Polk SDA-1BTL

Your ditching Vandersteen 3As for Polk SDAs that pretty impressive right there.Your Mac should have no problem pushing them at all and like Jesse said maybe watch it on the volume side. My Adcom at 200 a side works wonders on my 2Bs, so you should be more than ok even w/ the bigger speakers.
    2chl- Adcom 555- NAD 1020a pre- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Samson - 9 outlet- Niles - 6 zone spkr selector- DCM TF 350s- ADC 303ax- KLH 331- Polk Audio '87 SDA 2Bs w/ ic cable (Dynamat extreme, black hole-5- Mills 0.5 resistor, liquid nails, RDO- 194 tweeters, Larry's rings, Armaflex gaskets, stained walnut tops )

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #500HD Speaker set- Sony ce 375 5 disc carosel cdp-

Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL J2060

Quote Originally Posted by leftwinger57 View Post
    Your ditching Vandersteen 3As for Polk SDAs that pretty impressive right there.Your Mac should have no problem pushing them at all and like Jesse said maybe watch it on the volume side. My Adcom at 200 a side works wonders on my 2Bs, so you should be more than ok even w/ the bigger speakers.
    Your ditching Vandersteen 3As for Polk SDAs

Not necessarily so. But to do a comparison I want to use the same system. I fell in love with the 3A's and is doubtful they'll be knocked off their perch.

The V's are quite good but if you really like "SDA" then they are just regular speakers.

Your ditching Vandersteen 3As for Polk SDAs

Not necessarily so. But to do a comparison I want to use the same system. I fell in love with the 3A's and is doubtful they'll be knocked off their perch.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by gimpod View Post
    The older I get the louder I have to play it, my ears aren't as good as when I was young :)
    I find the opposite to be true. I don't play things as loudly as I did in my youth. It bothers my ears more and I also fear for my hearing.

Looks like a nice set up, above! Those old Sansuis sound very "nice" but they're not the best choice for powering SDAs which are hungry speakers!

That said, that's an absolutely "gorgeous" Sansui! How about getting a pair of Monitor 7s on it? Bet that would sound fantastic!

Enjoy!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Well moving the Vandersteens and replacing them with the Polk's will have wait a bit. While visiting my sister this weekend the new dog decided my hand looked like a milk-bone. The little bastard bit me !! Hopefully I'll be able to swap them out over the coming weekend.

Ouch... darn dog.

Boston A400,VR950, DefTech BP10,, Klipsch Forte,KSP-400,KSF-C5,RF3,RC3.
    JBL L20t,L80t3, EPI 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,5A,7C, KEF Coda III, Yamaha NS-690, Genesis 3+.
    SUB:Deftech PF15TL+, DCM TB1010, Velodyne VA08BVX10. Pre: HK AP2500. Amps: BB175, Adcom GFA-535,555II, Rotel RB-990BX.

Thread Information