Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Took my kid to his first game

Unfortunately the Home team lost, but it was fun nonetheless. He didn't really know what was going on but his innocence put a massive smile on my face. Nothing like the hometown kid cheering when they ground out and end the inning. Can't wait for next season now to share some more father-son time at the park again.
    Attached Images  
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

The resemblance is uncanny.
    |Fronts - Peerless RTA-12B | Center(s) - Peerless Monitor 5 | Rears - Peerless Monitor 4 |
    |AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 |
    |TV - Philips 46" Smart LED | Gaming - Xbox One - Xbox 360 | Headphones - Philips Fidelio X1 |

Isn't that the same prop Miley Cyrus used on the MTV award show?

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    Unfortunately the Home team lost, but it was fun nonetheless. He didn't really know what was going on but his innocence put a massive smile on my face. Nothing like the hometown kid cheering when they ground out and end the inning. Can't wait for next season now to share some more father-son time at the park again.
    Did you stop to think that maybe the reason he cheered when the Rangers flamed out is that he already knows how badly they suck and wanted the other team to win?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Did you stop to think that maybe the reason he cheered when the Rangers flamed out is that he already knows how badly they suck and wanted the other team to win?
    He was very reluctant to put on the shirt... The final 50 games just show how valuable one player can be to a lineup. I still think we could have won the division if Nellie didn't get the axe.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Priceless times there, DSkip, enjoy them to the fullest. Very soon, he'll be asking for the car keys.

Member Sales Rating: (37)

You set the bar high. Beautiful night for baseball, packed house with a playoff atmosphere. How's he gonna react to an August game in Texas with 25,000 somewhat indifferent fans? I guess we'll just have to go to a game and find out, won't we?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

He's got the wrong finger up

Good times
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (14)

I'm 45 and still go to games with my dad.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

That's really cool. Haven't gone yet with either of my boys, how old is he?
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Man, you're all so "young"?

I bet your boy had a lot of fun at the game. I'm not a fan of MLB but my son once took us to a Red Sox game and I must admit that watching the game live (especially at Fenway) is a whole other beast than taking it in on TV. My wife, daughter and I, actually enjoyed it rather than being bored senseless.

I should admit that I'm more of a football guy.

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

He is three whole years old. He doesn't like loud things and it took him a while to adjust to the noise level, but he had a great time. Baseball is a sport to see in person or listen to on the radio. The TV just doesn't do it justice on many levels.

cnh, have you dynamatted that BDP-51 yet? You really should if not. Also highly recommend Doug's IC's for it.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    He is three whole years old. He doesn't like loud things and it took him a while to adjust to the noise level, but he had a great time. Baseball is a sport to see in person or listen to on the radio. The TV just doesn't do it justice on many levels.

cnh, have you dynamatted that BDP-51 yet? You really should if not. Also highly recommend Doug's IC's for it.
    Not yet, but it's on the agenda after reading your reviews. Three years old, he looks more mature in the photo. Good looking boy there!

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Baseball and family go great together. All 8 of us went a couple of times this season, as well as a few games with just me and 1 kid. The group games were a blast, but it's also fun just spending one on one time with your kid at the park. Great conversations as the game plays on! Keep up the tradition - it will be very rewarding to you both as the years go by.

Im sure he enjoyed it alot :) There is nothing like a local game. Wife & i enjoy going & its great to bring the little ones as we think sports is a good for all children. Our children all played sports & we always got involved..
    Randy
    HT-SDA1c Yamaha-RXV1-Denon-POA2200-HK DVD25-Cs400i-Monitor4's-Premier Acoustic150
    2ch-SDA2b-ADCOM GFA-555-565-600-555-YaQinCd2-Pioneer PL-630-AKAI GX210d
    Pioneer-SA9800-SG9800-CTF650-TXD1000-RT-909-Monitor11-Peerless
    Marantz-2252b-5025b-6300-YaQinCd1-TeacA4010s-Monitor7
    Yamaha-CR2040-Advent2-TeacA4010s-Monitor7

Yamaha-CA810-CT810----- No Speakers Yet
    Marantz SR1000-Pioneer PM120 workbench set up

Member Sales Rating: (37)

The really cool thing is that you went to a game that was significant...or at least not the norm. You will always remember that. First game with my son was some random game in a schedule of 162 and I really don't even remember it.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

My oldest is 3 also. I thought about going this year, but gonna do it next. Really looking forward to it.

Glad you guys had such a good time.
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Oppo BDP-105; Amps: Anthem Integrated 225; PS Audio GCPH Speakers: Polk - LSi15's (sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; B&K Reference 200.2; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Thread Information