Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    I don't know why you pay me either, but I do appreciate it. I won't be getting paid for awhile, while the rest of you bitch about something that will not affect you at all. Keep that in mind.

Not ALL of us are Senators and Congressman, some of us are blue-collar joes trying to earn a living---just like you.
    Hey Steve sorry to hear that...Believe it or not i am so out of the loop that I didn't even know what this was about at first. My bro in law works for AZ fish and game and is the main paycheck in a house with two small kids. And today is his birthday. Dumbarsses in Washington apparently don't care how this affects regular folks. So dysfunctional its unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
    I don't know why you pay me either, but I do appreciate it. I won't be getting paid for awhile, while the rest of you bitch about something that will not affect you at all. Keep that in mind.

Not ALL of us are Senators and Congressman, some of us are blue-collar joes trying to earn a living---just like you.
    How is stopping this disaster called "Obama Care" not affecting ALL of us
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL
    Center: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat & Hurricane Nuts.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals, Custom Rebuilt Equalizer
    www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Member Sales Rating: (19)

I love how some people think one of our political parties is more to blame than the other one.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Quote Originally Posted by dkg999 View Post
    I love how some people think one of our political parties is more to blame than the other one.
    I agree, Washington needs a barbed wire enema
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Damn... give you guys a nice thread about good weather and better traffic and you guys go nuts!:laugh:
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by westmassguy View Post
    How is stopping this disaster called "Obama Care" not affecting ALL of us
    It's stopping those who can't afford heath insurance the benefits of the Affordable Care Act. The rest of the civilized world provides universal health care. Don't get me wrong, our plan definitely has it's flaws, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Well said.

Our current state reminds me of trying to teach my 2 year old and 4 year old to share. No matter how logical it seems to those on the outside looking in, no matter how loud anyone yells at them, no matter how many toys get taken away, they fail to realize how compromising and getting along will benefit the greater good.
    Wris****ch--->Crisco

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    It's stopping those who can't afford heath insurance the benefits of the Affordable Care Act. The rest of the civilized world provides universal health care. Don't get me wrong, our plan definitely has it's flaws, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

If only that were true. I know we're not supposed to discuss politics here, but let's be clear, the Affordable Health Care Act has nothing to do with healthcare. It has everything to do with taking over 1/5th of the US economy, stripping away even more personal liberties, destroying the health system we have now, and creating another billion dollar bureaucracy. If all they wanted to do was provide health care to those who couldn't afford it, or needed subsidizing, the existing Medicaid and Medicare systems could have been overhauled and expanded.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Damn... give you guys a nice thread about good weather and better traffic and you guys go nuts!:laugh:
    Really? That's what your thread was about :)
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    Well said.

Our current state reminds me of trying to teach my 2 year old and 4 year old to share. No matter how logical it seems to those on the outside looking in, no matter how loud anyone yells at them, no matter how many toys get taken away, they fail to realize how compromising and getting along will benefit the greater good.
    Are you two crazy? Do you actually expect people to use logic and common sense at the same time around here or in politics!

And yes it is a nice day, the suns out, it a little crisp but it's nice
    "Peace, Love and ICBM's"
    "50% Why... That's almost half."
    "I know, I'm sick and need help."
    ----
    www.gimpod.com
    ----
    "The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger

If only that were true. I know we're not supposed to discuss politics here, but let's be clear, the Affordable Health Care Act has nothing to do with healthcare. It has everything to do with taking over 1/5th of the US economy, stripping away even more personal liberties, destroying the health system we have now, and creating another billion dollar bureaucracy. If all they wanted to do was provide health care to those who couldn't afford it, or needed subsidizing, the existing Medicaid and Medicare systems could have been overhauled and expanded.
    I don't know what kind of drugs your on! but having had to use medicare/medicade there is noway anyone could overhaul those systems, there just too broken to fix!.
    "Peace, Love and ICBM's"
    ----
    www.gimpod.com
    ----
    "The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger

Quote Originally Posted by gimpod View Post
    I don't know what kind of drugs your on! but having had to use medicare/medicade there is noway anyone could overhaul those systems, there just too broken to fix!.
    Sorry, no drugs here, but blowing up the system isn't the answer. I did say overhaul, not just continue the status quo.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+

And you want to give them another program to foul up? Before he took office he said he would clean up medicare/medicade, and that allone would be almost enough money for an ACA. Well lets do that first.

We need to clean up a lot of crap before dumping more on the system and watching the Gov't grow.

And trust me I know all the D&R shoveled crap on our systems, and until we have the 100,000,000 man march with pitch forks in hand they both will continue.
    Last edited by txcoastal1; 10-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    And you want to give them another program to foul up? Before he took office he said he would clean up medicare/medicade, and that allone would be almost enough money for an ACA. Well lets do that first.

We need to clean up a lot of crap before dumping more on the system and watching the Gov't grow.

And trust me I know all the D&R shoveled crap on our systems, and until we have the 100,000,000 man march with pitch forks in hand they both will continue.
    Well said
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I'm sorry to say that I don't hear enough of "you" singing with Gordon MacRae above! More dudes on horseback singing across the plains, come on, now! I know you all can "sing"; and after that...?

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 10-01-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Everything is f***** no matter what way you slice it. Rome fell eventually.

Was such a great day to jam tunes, open all the windows, and get some cleaning done.
    |Fronts - Peerless RTA-12B | Center(s) - Peerless Monitor 5 | Rears - Peerless Monitor 4 |
    |Amp for fronts - Yamaha CA-1010 | Preamp (and amp for center/rears) - RX-V667 |
    |TV - Philips 46" Smart LED | Gaming - Xbox 360 | Headphones - Fidelio X1 |

Sorry, no drugs here, but blowing up the system isn't the answer. I did say overhaul, not just continue the status quo.
    I know you said overhaul but believe me it's just to broken. A small case in point several years ago I needed 2 new tires & tubes for my manual wheelchair (there just a standard 24" x 1 3/8" bike tire) so I called the locale wheelchair place and told them I needed 2 new tires & tubes for my manual wheelchair and to bill Medicare, The guy came back and said are you sure you want to do that because the tires alone are $87.00 each of which Medicare will approve only $57.00 of which they'll only pay 80% of and because by law we have to charge you full manufactures suggester retail price you'll have to pay the difference. He then suggested I order them from the catalog service it would be a lot cheaper But they don't take Medicare. So that's what I did payed out of my pocket $22.50 for 2 new tires & tubes delivered to my door that's less than the co-pay on one tire through Medicare.

Know you tell me dose that make sense, And that's just the tip of the ice berg. The whole thing needs to be scraped and redone without the help of the health care insurance company's, hmo's or anyone who would financially benefit from the out come.
    "Peace, Love and ICBM's"
    ----
    www.gimpod.com
    ----

I know you said overhaul but believe me it's just to broken. A small case in point several years ago I needed 2 new tires & tubes for my manual wheelchair (there just a standard 24" x 1 3/8" bike tire) so I called the locale wheelchair place and told them I needed 2 new tires & tubes for my manual wheelchair and to bill Medicare, The guy came back and said are you sure you want to do that because the tires alone are $87.00 each of which Medicare will approve only $57.00 of which they'll only pay 80% of and because by law we have to charge you full manufactures suggester retail price you'll have to pay the difference. He then suggested I order them from the catalog service it would be a lot cheaper But they don't take Medicare. So that's what I did payed out of my pocket $22.50 for 2 new tires & tubes delivered to my door that's less than the co-pay on one tire through Medicare.

Know you tell me dose that make sense, And that's just the tip of the ice berg. The whole thing needs to be scraped and redone without the help of the health care insurance company's, hmo's or anyone who would financially benefit from the out come.
    Sorry for what you had to go through gimpod, but creating another layer of bureaucracy on top of and in addition to two other failed bureaucracies isn't the answer. Look what Homeland Security has become, it was supposed to streamline everything to do with national security. It's a joke.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+

It's a joke.
    And to full of lobby $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables

Member Sales Rating: (55)

I know we're not supposed to discuss politics here, but let's be clear,
    Clear about what? It's pretty clear to me. YOU want to discuss politics here and that's that. Perfectly clear.

I love how a sunny nice day can make you feel like a million bucks.
    |Fronts - Peerless RTA-12B | Center(s) - Peerless Monitor 5 | Rears - Peerless Monitor 4 |
    |Amp for fronts - Yamaha CA-1010 | Preamp (and amp for center/rears) - RX-V667 |
    |TV - Philips 46" Smart LED | Gaming - Xbox 360 | Headphones - Fidelio X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by George Grand View Post
    Clear about what? It's pretty clear to me. YOU want to discuss politics here and that's that. Perfectly clear.
    I didn't bring it up
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Other:
    SDA-CRS+

You have to willfully suspend logic to believe otherwise.
    System
    ModWright SWL 9.0SE Signature Preamp | Aragon 8008 Mk II Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    Squeezebox Touch |Rega DAC
    | Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-717 Tuner (Joseph Chow Mods)

Government has its many shortfalls. Politicians lie...both sides. Healthcare is expensive and insurance is a nightmare.

BUT-- on a brighter note, POLK AUDIO ROCKS!!!

Polkfest in 10 days. Is anyone excited? I am still planning to at least drop in on Saturday and leave the wife at the beach. Not much discussion on the board so could a few people that care about it let other's know where they are staying, what days you will be in town and if anyone needs a massive VMPS subwoofer for a great $ let me know.

Seriously would love to see the Polkfest 2013 at Troy's thread light up with a lot of discussion and posts for the next week in anticipation of a great event.
    Last edited by TNHNDYMAN; 10-01-2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: more info

I like this one!

Originally Posted by steveinaz
    Apparently only 1 side of the aisle is allowed to "not negotiate."
    Absolutely correct, when the other side uses economic terrorist tactics to try and change an existing law they don't like but could not stop under a democracy.
    Last edited by warren; 10-01-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Not an efficient poster.

Quote Originally Posted by TNHNDYMAN View Post
    BUT-- on a brighter note, POLK AUDIO ROCKS!!!

Seriously would love to see the Polkfest 2013 at Troy's thread light up with a lot of discussion and posts for the next week in anticipation of a great event.
    Well if you don't see it light up before, you will after. There has been more comedic aftermaths from Troys polkfest's than any other.

Have a great time, as I had to decide between PF or Rocky Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Nah, worse... CANADA!!!
    Hell no, we don't want IL either...lol
    Living Room Evolved
    Onkyo TX-NR717
    Parasound HCA-1200II > Polk Audio RTi A7 Black Front
    Polk Audio RTi A3 Black Rear
    Polk Audio CSiA6 Center
    Tannoy TS2.12 Sub
    Marantz CD6004
    Apple Mac Mini
    Apple TV 3rd Gen
    Sony PS3 160Gb/Microsoft XBox 360
    Insignia 55 inch 120Hz TV

Bedroom
    Harman Kardon HK 3490/HK 3375
    A:Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers Black
    B:Polk Monitor (Model) 5 with Peerless Tweets
    Polk PSW108
    PS3 320Gb
    Insignia 39 inch 60Hz TV

See.....it wasn't me this time. LOL !!

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Hillary's plan was better.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I can tell you first hand, traffic today in and around the clusterfu(k known as Washington D.C. was just as bad, if not worse than any other work day. Shut down? Pfffft
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Thread Information