Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Unhappy Speaker receiver problem lsim703

Hi all I recently purchase the lsim 703 with a denon E400 receiver.At first everything sounded great until I decided to upgrade the E400 to the X4000.For some strange reason the e400 is way louder than my x4000....Also While using the x4000, my speakers seem to crack and sound harsher.

I don't know if It's my imagination or if the harsh sound is actually there,but what I do know is that the e400 is definitely louder than the x4000.It just seems so strange that the e400 would produce better sound than the x4000 unless I blown something...Which worries me alot considering the lsim is the best speakers I've own to date..Would suck if they are damage only after a month.

I would first of all re-check the wiring, and then run the calibration program.

How loud were you playing these AVR's. You start cranking the volume knob too high, it will damage any speaker, no matter what you're powering them with. Not a matter of the power you're sending the speakers, but a matter of the AVR's capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by rpf65 View Post
    I would first of all re-check the wiring, and then run the calibration program.

How loud were you playing these AVR's. You start cranking the volume knob too high, it will damage any speaker, no matter what you're powering them with. Not a matter of the power you're sending the speakers, but a matter of the AVR's capabilities.
    I cracked it to about 90 db when sitting 2-3 feet away.The problem for me is that the older receiver actually played louder than the new one .I'm going to try and get my hands on the e400, and see if that makes a difference.If it does then I would be able to isolate the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by skky View Post
    I cracked it to about 90 db when sitting 2-3 feet away.The problem for me is that the older receiver actually played louder than the new one .I'm going to try and get my hands on the e400, and see if that makes a difference.If it does then I would be able to isolate the problem.
    have you tried the x4000 in pure direct mode? the system may have reduced some volume during the calibration or the eq setting. If you have sub in the mix the receiver may have set the 703 to large and now has more work load to operate then when they are set to small and the sub is assigned the lower base work load.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Most likely a set-up issue. You have to re check what the settings are, where the calibration left them. Adjust to your liking. If it doesn't seem as loud, the calibration probably set the speaker levels too low, subwoofer too.

Thread Information