Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default PFB - Did your eBay thread about shipping get deleted

Where is it? Why would it be deleted?

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Good question, why did a whole thread vanish? Maybe because I posted the buyers name ?

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I would venture to say that we were verging on bad taste and Polk pulled it because it didn't look good. I can't blame them. That stuff might be OK for an NFL locker room, but for a public forum?

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

What did not look good? The thread was a legit topic and informative to other people who may encounter a bum label being printed through ebay shipping

Well ..... dang ........ now what am I supposed to do with all these awesome animated cat gifs ?

Member Sales Rating: (13)

I saw the thread title, but the tthread was gone before I read it. Send Ken Swauger a nice PM asking why it was removed.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    Good question, why did a whole thread vanish? Maybe because I posted the buyers name ?
    Idk, but that would be a good reason. When I read it, I couldn't believe you posted his name.... seriously, where's your common sense, dude?
    Yeah, stupid question. I'm sure that the moderator(s?) can only take so much nonsense, and it was easier to wipe out the whole thread.

Brock - Please don't resort to name calling. If Ken took down the thread I am sure its for good reason. Thank You.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

No problem Nap

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Well ken sent me a message( not my besty ken bryston) about my thread being deleted and now I feel like mods are not happy with me. I think from now on I should not share as much as my bad luck storys... dang it lol I could have had alot to say about this email and why I got it today

"You have been reported by a user for responding to them using abusive language. Please keep all correspondence on a professional level, and report any problems to us rather than to resort to this inappropriate behavior.

This type of behavior is also against Audiogon’s policy. If we receive reports of this type of behavior again, your account be suspended for 7 days"

Member Sales Rating: (7)

Stop bulsh!tting and you'll be OK.
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by nap View Post
    Brock - Please don't resort to name calling. If Ken took down the thread I am sure its for good reason. Thank You.
    Nap, there was a big misunderstanding and Ken and I have discussed it. The comment was NOT directed towards Ken, it was directed at PFB.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Quote Originally Posted by DMara View Post
    Stop bulsh!tting and you'll be OK.
    There's no bs and I back up everything I say and abide by the sacred polkie law of 'pics or it did not happen' law. Thanks for clearing that up hieney, I feel much better now lol

What we need is ..... MORE DRAMA !!!

MAXIMUS DRAMATICA !
    http://procatinator.com/?cat=39
    Last edited by mrbigbluelight; 10-13-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    There's no bs and I back up everything I say and abide by the sacred polkie law of 'pics or it did not happen' law. Thanks for clearing that up hieney, I feel much better now lol
    Yeah cause we have pics of that car you bought on eBay but didn't buy on eBay that was sold or wasn't sold to you.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

The reason the thread was deleted was because of some of the mean spirited responses some people posted. There's a fine line between good natured ribbing and being cruel. Sure some of PFB's posts stretch the limits of credibility but that doesn't deserve the level of acrimony directed at him. Try and inject some real humor into a thread rather than the sophomoric taunts that only make this forum look juvenile and uninviting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Swauger View Post
    The reason the thread was deleted was because of some of the mean spirited responses some people posted. There's a fine line between good natured ribbing and being cruel. Sure some of PFB's posts stretch the limits of credibility but that doesn't deserve the level of acrimony directed at him. Try and inject some real humor into a thread rather than the sophomoric taunts that only make this forum look juvenile and uninviting.
    We need to get the guys out of here who are constantly stirring the pot. I can name the top 5 idiots who make this forum "juvenile and uninviting." We all know who these guys are. Who gives a damn how much they contribute when they feel like being helpful.

Some pruning would be the best thing that ever happened to CP.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

PFB gives as good s he gets IMHO. Things have been over the top sometimes, but then again, one must consider the source.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Nap, there was a big misunderstanding and Ken and I have discussed it. The comment was NOT directed towards Ken, it was directed at PFB.

H9
    Okay, no sweat.

Thread Information