Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Anyone compare MIT S3 vs S1 interconnects . . .

I was wondering if the S1 is twice as good (at twice the price). I'm using PBJs now.

After the Holy Crap! Did You Hear That Batman? SQ improvement upgrading from the MIT AVT2s to Shotgun 3.3 speaker "interfaces" I'm guessing there would be . . . I suppose I just need some assurance. Are you ready to spend my $$ ?

I want my "last cables" Should I just go for it and drop some coin while its in the budget?

I'll need either 2 RCAs or 1 XLR & 1 RCA

Lastly, I've never heard Analysis Plus. They get good reviews. Are they comparable? SQ vs dollar spent?

Thanks All,

G
    Mains Polk SDA SRS 2 (modified) Sub M&K MX-100
    Power Pass Aleph 30 & Adcom GFA 5802
    Power Conditioner Furman Elite 15 PF i
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    Center Definitive Technology C-1
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Source Oppo 105
    Wires MIT S3.3

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Can't comment on the S1 vs S3, as I have only tried the S3 ICs. I have compared the S3s to Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval ICs. In my all tube system and to my ears I preferred the AP ICs. They are a little more open as far as soundstage goes and have better extension at both extremes. The S3s sound really good also. I could see myself preferring the S3s if I was running a solid state system.

One thing I have to point out about the comparison between the two was I was running AP ICs and SCs in the rest of the system. It could have been a synergy thing between all of the cables and if I were running S3 ICs and SCs in the rest of the system, I may have very well preferred the S3s. My point is you would be very happy with either one, so whichever one you decide to go with, use like ICs and SCs throughout your system for maximum synergy.

One other thing I should point out with the S3s are they will take up more space with the network boxes and/or impedance switches. If you don't have much extra room behind your components, that will be a factor.
    Last edited by Dawgfish; 10-09-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Can't comment about the S3, but I have 3 pair of Shotgun S1.3 XLR ICs, and they were a big step up over my Kimber Kable Hero XLR ICs. I was happy with the MIT, but I upgraded my system to a complete Shunyata system, and replaced the S1.3 with Zitron Anaconda XLR ICs. I moved the MIT S1.3 into the HT system, and now I have two great sounding systems.

I believe there is a post from Doro a few moons ago, commenting that the difference was minimal
    Home Theater:Samsung8000-55LED,Pioneer SC35, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Sunfire TGA7201, LSi25, LCi RTSc, LC80i
    2chnl system:Melody 101 tube pre, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, W4S Dac, MG Audio Planus2 speaker cables
    Office rig: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Quote Originally Posted by txcoastal1 View Post
    I believe there is a post from Doro a few moons ago, commenting that the difference was minimal
    Yep, incremental. Don't sweat it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30; Eastern Electric Mini Max; Adcom GDA600; MIT S3/Z Pc; SDA 1C; Squeezebox; Tubes add soul!

Member Sales Rating: (49)

The difference is minimal, wether it's worth it is up to you..

Yes I own both...
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...