Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question Matching Polk Speakers

I currently own and am very satisfied with my Polk speakers. Fronts are RT12, Rear Surrounds are M3, Sub is PSW150. At the time of purchase I wasn't impressed with the available Polk Center so I got a Klipsch bookshelf. What do you guys recommend for a new Polk Center that will match my setup? Also, what current Polk model would be a good match for the rear/back surround now that my new Sony STR-DA5000ES does 7.1?

BTW. I haven't seen many posts on the Sony STR-DA5000ES. I love it and would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have on it.

Mully

Try this to match your RT12's. Go to the Polk home page and click on 'Frequently asked Questions'. Then click on #1 and it will show you that Polk suggests the CSi40 as a match for your 12's. The problem is that the 40 might be hard to find new with the newly released RT line out now.
    Last edited by GZ; 01-09-2004 at 04:54 PM.

Wink

Thanks GZ.

I emailed Polk customer service and got an amazingly fast reply. She suggest the CSi3 and either the RTi4 or FXi3. I am going to listen to them at CC this weekend, hopefully.

Mully

Mully,

Those are from their newest line. Personally, if you don't mind buying used, I think a CS400i would be your best match, given what drivers are used in your 12's and the 400i. I am running one with my RT7's in the family room system and have had great results.

I checked with polk on the CSi 400 and the CSi 40. Different tweeters. Should keep the system to the same generation.
    Polk Fan/Nut
    SDA SRS (Original) (2-channel home stereo) RT800i, CS400i, FX500i w/h Harmon Kardon 7000 & Sony DVP9000ES (Home Theater) & DX3065, DX10, SDA-ACM (Car system)

Member Sales Rating: (58)

I would look for the CS400i, before any of the others.

Thread Information