Original PS3 60G
    Oppo DV981HD cd transport
    Mitsubishi 73 rear projection
    Sanyo DC Servo player TP 727 turntable
    Monster HTS 5100MKII
    TheBlaze
    MIT MH-750 cables

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I saw that myself and am considering it. My Onkyo 876 died and need a replacement. Not sure what I want, but this price might make me consider it.

How do Pioneers sound with Polks? I have always run Onkyo but after my latest debacle, I am done with them. Time to move on to something else.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomzilla View Post
    I saw that myself and am considering it. My Onkyo 876 died and need a replacement. Not sure what I want, but this price might make me consider it.

How do Pioneers sound with Polks? I have always run Onkyo but after my latest debacle, I am done with them. Time to move on to something else.
    Jump all over this deal. You will have a giant Jack Nicholson grin on your face.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Amazing deal. Im running a sc27 with polk rti12. And it sounds darn good.

Yes, Not bad at all. I think the last deal I saw on these was in the $750 range. Can beat this unless you fine a used or open box item.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday???
    OPPO 105 | Cary or Rogue Audio tube Preamp | Parasound HALO A21 amp | DIY Mini Statements towers

Member Sales Rating: (14)

IMO the best overall.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

I'm thinking about getting this from newegg. The specs say its 125w x 7 but the video from thier website says its 130w x 7 which is it?
    One and the only review says that Pioneer won't honor the warranty because it is bought on line, is that true? I think my A5,s and A3's deserve this, I like my Denon 891 but this has more power and pre outs so I could Add one of my Adcoms if needed. Hmmmmm!

125wps vs 130 wps .does it matter that much? I will b using the pre out with all 5.1 or 7.1. I guess I could call Pioneer or Newegg about the warranty issue? Newegg is an authorized Polk Audio dealer so I would assume the same w Pioneer? Peace. D

Pioneer Elite SC 63
    SDA SRS 1.2 front
    Rti12 rear
    FXiA6 sides
    Emotiva XPA 3
    Adcom GFA 555
    CSiA6 center
    PSW505 Subwoofer
    Original PS3 60G
    Monster HTS 5100MKII
    TheBlaze
    MIT MH-750 cables

Member Sales Rating: (49)

When it comes to receivers, pioneer is hard to beat, and for this price, it's a no brainer IMO!!
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

No its not an issue of 5wpc its like the Denon claimed the 891 was 135 x7 when I got it home come to find out the 135 is with 2 channels driven it is only 105wpc x7 and no pre outs, this intrests me because of the pre outs, I'm happy with my Denon but I know I would be happier with this Pioneer combined with a 3 or 5 channel amp with it. It's a heck of a deal for sure. I just read that one review on neweggs site where the person said that Pioneer dose'nt support their warranties on online purchases.

Attachment 90659Newegg is authorized dealer by Pioneer. It does say the Elite branded products are not covered by warranty if not bought from retail store and bought online are not covered? So I do not know if Pioneer Elite receivers are branded Elite or not? I am going to Bestbuy right now to see if they can find one here in the metro among the twelve stores here locally (SC63) and price match Newegg. Peace. D
    Last edited by Dabutcher; 10-12-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: More text

Yeah Best Buy's headquarters is in Eden Prarie so your right in the heart of best buy land let me know if they price match then I can order it from a magnolia location up there, and have it shipped to the store here I'am a premier member and shipping is free if they honor the warranty I feel comfortable going that route. Peace out yourself.

Correct. Pioneer elite is in store only when it comes to authorized dealers.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Quote Originally Posted by gudnoyez View Post
    Yeah Best Buy's headquarters is in Eden Prarie so your right in the heart of best buy land let me know if they price match then I can order it from a magnolia location up there, and have it shipped to the store here I'am a premier member and shipping is free if they honor the warranty I feel comfortable going that route. Peace out yourself.
    Gud, what did you hear from Buy More, are they covering it?

Bestbuy said they have none in stock. It is a discontinued old model. He said he has a floor model open box for $699.99. I said I was not interested in a Reciever that has been on every day for a couple of years. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Polkie2009 View Post
    Gud, what did you hear from Buy More, are they covering it?
    Dabutcher answered our question being that there are none in the twin cities home of best buy means new egg is it for that price does anybody think its a good Idea to purchase one without a warranty? That's one heck of a deal new egg is offering them at.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Roll of the dice.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Luckily I have never had a product die in the warranty period so no warranty does not scare me away

Talk to Newegg about the warranty issue. Maybe they have some sort of policy.

Good luck.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote

Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Roll of the dice.
    Ditto. I have a friend who bought an Pioneer Elite avr 3 years ago or so from an unauthorized online dealer and he's had zero__ problems with it. Seems at the time there were a few reports that some folks with previous Pio Elite avrs had had_ a problem with something like the power switch or the front panel not closing??? Seems like it didn't affect the sound quality etc of the unit.Maybe others with a better memory than me can chime in on these older Elite avrs. I think all in all, Pioneer Elites are excellent avrs and hard to pass up.

I would not hesitate. If it is DOA, I expect Newegg would take it back. Done business with them many times - never a problem.

Just went for it. I have been lusting after an Elite Stone Cold Reciever ever since I joined this forum. At least Newegg has a 30 day return policy if it screws up in that time. North winds are starting to blow ,so I will be indoors a lot more the next six months? So I can in joy my AV set up. Now I need a Panasonic VT 65" to replace my older 73 Mitzu. Peace. D

Pioneer Elite SC 63
    SDA SRS 1.2 front
    Rti12 rear
    FXiA6 sides
    Emotiva XPA 3
    Adcom GFA 555
    CSiA6 center
    PSW505 Subwoofer
    Original PS3 60G
    Monster HTS 5100MKII
    TheBlaze
    MIT MH-750 cables

I just bought one too. I bought the 3 year extended warranty for $54 since I had a $20 off coupon. Looking forward to hearing how this sounds compared to Onkyo

I just bought one too. I bought the 3 year extended warranty for $54 since I had a $20 off coupon. Looking forward to hearing how this sounds compared to Onkyo
    Mind if I ask where did you buy the extended warranty from? Square Trade?

I bought it on newegg site and the company was service net. I read some complaints about this warranty company and a lot of the complaints were ridiculous. I have filed a claim with square trade before and they sent me a check for the purchase price of the product. Hopefully I will not need to make a claim on this one
    Last edited by Zoomzilla; 10-13-2013 at 10:32 PM.

I bought the receiver from them as that deal was awesome for this receiver. If you go to Square Trade, you can purchase a warranty on it for less than 90.00 (3 Years). Very nice receiver for this price, now I just have to wait till it shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabutcher View Post
    Just went for it. I have been lusting after an Elite Stone Cold Reciever ever since I joined this forum. At least Newegg has a 30 day return policy if it screws up in that time. North winds are starting to blow ,so I will be indoors a lot more the next six months? So I can in joy my AV set up. Now I need a Panasonic VT 65" to replace my older 73 Mitzu. Peace. D
    Congrats on the SC man, I remember those old Mitsubishi rear projection tvs, weren't they kinda boxy and thick? That's going to be a big improvement going with the Panny.

Just ordered mine. :D This will be my first avr ever. It will be powering 2 Polk audio RTI8 that I received on Friday from the polk audio ebay store. Can't wait! It will be upgrading my self powered entry level bookshelf speakers that I got 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptFail View Post
    Just ordered mine. :D This will be my first avr ever. It will be powering 2 Polk audio RTI8 that I received on Friday from the polk audio ebay store. Can't wait! It will be upgrading my self powered entry level bookshelf speakers that I got 10 years ago.
    Well you will REALLY love the AVR then. Congrats on your purchase.

Well you will REALLY love the AVR then. Congrats on your purchase.
    Thanks! Congrats on yours too! Will post pictures when I get mine in.

Thread Information