Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Default Emotiva and Bob Carver part ways...

From the Emotiva website...

Hey all,

To clear everything up regarding Emotiva, Bob Carver, and tube amps in
    general, here's an update.

First, yes, our professional relationship with Bob Carver is at an end. I
    was excited to have had the opportunity to have worked with him.

Second, we're absolutely committed to making tube amps (and other
    products) under the Emotiva name, and they're coming to our website in
    short order. You'll see them listed under a separate series, like we've
    done with the Pro products.

Finally, thank you for bearing with us in this transitional time. We
    simply need to work through some details before you see tube amps for
    sale on emotiva.com, and we maintain our greatest respect for Bob Carver
    and his work, as well as our commitment to providing exciting tube amps
    with exceptional value and performance under the Emotiva name.

All the best,
    Big Dan
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Real bummer !!! I do not know why but for some sort of reason I was hoping to see this go full steam ahead and see what they came up with....Not that I could ever afford an of it, Then again maybe I could have. We'll never know now.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Interesting
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Thank GOD nobody can call my tube amps "Emotiva" ever again... lol
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Jesse you can breathe now
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    Thank GOD nobody can call my tube amps "Emotiva" ever again... lol
    Watch that be the only tube product Emotiva puts out...
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Douglas IC's, AQ cv-8 SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I vvvvant to know more

Jesse you can breathe now
    Eh, no sweat off my large attachments.

What did crack me was all the talk about how Carver was going to improve the Emo amps, which of course was an admission that they need improvement. Too funny.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Spoke with Bob... I cannot go into great detail, but I can say that he just does not want to work for or with anyone. Audio is only a hobby for him now, just like the rest of us, and that is the way he likes it.

Spoke with Bob... I cannot go into great detail, but I can say that he just does not want to work for or with anyone. Audio is only a hobby for him now, just like the rest of us, and that is the way he likes it.
    I can totally picture you and bob via split screen, chatting on the phone at night time in your pj's

Quote Originally Posted by polkfarmboy View Post
    I can totally picture you and bob via split screen, chatting on the phone at night time in your pj's
    You post snide crap like this and then wonder why myself and others have such little respect for you... might I suggest that you find a nice corner to sit in and STFU.

Damn John, chill out. Really not sure how you read that into PFB's post.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

No doubt. I can see it now as we are planning Polkfest....

[Polkfest member] Hello, John. I hear you are good buddies with Mr. Carver. I can totally picture you and bob via split screen, chatting on the phone at night time in your pj's.

[John] Go to hell and STFU, you snide little measly excuse for an amoeba. You have earned a new spot on my BOZO list you fool. Be sure to go ask mommy for a lollipop and don't ever post on this forum again!

Said all in good fun....

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Member Sales Rating: (22)

Directly over the center of the earth in Olathe Kansas

Can't we all just get along ?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs

Ofc: Wright WLA12 preamp: Anthem Amp 1: Pio Elite DV-79AVI: Airport Express: CAL Sigma II DAC: PA LS90 sonicaps and mills

Damn John! lol

Thankfully I didn't say anything about yall sitting around in your PJ's looking for Porcshe's on eBay to buy together ehh?
    --Gary--

Funniest part of that story is picturing bob using newfangled technology........

Those that know bob understand
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Quote Originally Posted by EndersShadow View Post
    Funniest part of that story is picturing bob using newfangled technology........
    I don't EVER see that happening. Hehe

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

I think Carver has always done his own thing...and I think folks were excited to see what would happen with some capital behind him working with an outfit like Emo ...maybe creating something that performs outside its price point.

...and IMO, one is dead in the water in terms of business If you are not trying to improve your product. As much as some think EMO is a joke, I think if things had worked out with Carver and they came out with an interesting yet good price to performance tube amp with the Carver signature on it, then... I think it would have been a home run in terms of business. Remember, there were companies that made great sounding expensive products that have gone bye-bye.

Does it really matter if your product is not the be-all and end-all in detail, power, and resolution if you are making a profit? Bose is one thing but is Emo as bad as Bose? I'm not so sure? I think the Carver move was them trying to get better...can't fault a company for that? IMO, I think they have found and tapped into a market segment...there is no need to even advertise their products as being as good as products 5x the price of theirs.....just my op.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Pioneer Elite SC-65 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday
    OPPO 105 | Squeezbox Touch | Odyssey, or HALO A21 amp | DIY Statements towers

Member Sales Rating: (47)

Just my two cents,,, age escapes none of us, and Bob has a new bride,and maybe he just wants to enjoy their time together.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

Damn you and all the other "insiders" around here who won't share, preferring to take their balls and go home.

Hope that came out right ; )
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

www.polkarmy.com/forums

Member Sales Rating: (4)

It would of been nice to see a new quality audio product that didn't cost $$$$.
    I say that over in the headphone world all the time. We don't need another $1500 flagship.
    We need a $200-300 giant killer. Same thing with amps. EMO is filling a need.
    I was hoping they could get guidance to make that killer must have product that most of us
    could buy without taking out a mortgage. They have got cheap down.
    Cheap and good would be a very good thing. But it wasn't meant to be.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Member Sales Rating: (3)

Translation: Pulling up Emo was going to be way more work than he thought.
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member

More so, I don't think Bob wanted to attaché his name to something he wouldn't have total control over.

John, does this make the "Super Amp" project more or less likely to happen?

With Bob's assistance?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    John, does this make the "Super Amp" project more or less likely to happen?

With Bob's assistance?
    It's on my friend....

As soon as I have everybody that wants in gets off the pot, I am ready to roll.

I have decided to go with the new KT 150 output tubes, meaning these new amps will hit 500wpc @8ohms.

I really want to hear a good amp with Kt-150s. Just tell your associates to squeeze it off and get to work.

It's on my friend....

As soon as I have everybody that wants in gets off the pot, I am ready to roll.

I have decided to go with the new KT 150 output tubes, meaning these new amps will hit 500wpc @8ohms.
    id love to get my ears on that :)

I'd settle for the tubes John has NOW to get my ears on....

Quote Originally Posted by pitdogg2 View Post
    I'd settle for the tubes John has NOW to get my ears on....
    They do sound as sexy as they look.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by DarqueKnight View Post
    Translation: Pulling up Emo was going to be way more work than he thought.
    This! Plus the fact that he is almost 70? I had to figure that out from the Stereophile article/interview with him in the '90s?

It's also incredible what a paucity of "biographical" information there is on Bob on the web? Even the WIKI entry is paltry, doesn't even say where he went to school or what university he studied engineering and physics at? Why such a lack of info? Seems BIZARRE considering the mark he has left on the field at large. I can only conclude that he is "actively" trying to erase his personal history much like another, now infamous, counter culture anti-hero of the 70s? I am just kidding of course. But I still find it odd, these days, when you can find anything. Heck there is more info about many of "us" here, including me, than Bob online?

There is, of course, most of the AUDIO history from Phase Linear on up. But that is hardly personal and complete.

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 10-17-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Thread Information