Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RTA 11t issue

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default RTA 11t issue

Just picked up a pair of RTA 11 t and noticed that the one speakers top driver is pounding away and yet on the other speaker it is not. I swapped the upper driver with the lower driver in the cabinet and it seems to match the other speaker.?
    Also i noticed that on the other speaker that the top driver had an issue with a scratchy voice coil so they guy i just got them off had some spare Polk 61/2 drivers and gave me one, I noticed right away after i replaced the driver that the lower bass output from this speaker increase. So im guessing i have to replace all 4 6 1/2 driver and upgrade the crossover
    I am using a Onkyo 9.2 receiver to power them and even with all there issues I am happy with them. paid $150 Canadian.
    Any advise on where i should start?

Cheers
    Andrew

Your post is a little confusing. Do you have any MW's left that are frozen or scratch when the driver is gently pushed in? If not I wouldn't bother replacing them.
    |Fronts - Peerless RTA-12B | Center(s) - Peerless Monitor 5 | Rears - Peerless Monitor 4 |
    |Amp for fronts - Yamaha CA-1010 | Preamp (and amp for center/rears) - RX-V667 |
    |TV - Philips 46" Smart LED | Gaming - Xbox One - Xbox 360 | Headphones - Philips Fidelio X1 |

All the other drivers seem to be fine no scratchy voice coils. but on the other speaker with the new driver i just installed seems to move both lower PR alot more than the other speaker! Crossover issue maybe?

cheers
    Andrew

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Tell us what model number is printed on the back of each driver. It will start with MW followed by 4 numbers.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

The number on the back of the speaker with the bad voice coil is MW 6510. Are there replacements available ?

Cheers
    Andrew

Ok, that is the correct driver. You should check that ALL the other drivers are MW6510's as well.

Yes, Polk stocks that driver. It looks a little different than the originals and you'll have to cut a notch in the rubber surround where the screw holes are.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Oh yeah, be sure to mention you are a Club Polk member to get your discount.

Will they ship to Canada?
    I also read that there is a crossover update and a tweeter replacement any advise on these issues.

cheers
    Andrew

Will they ship to Canada?
    I believe you have to order parts thru the Canadian distributor, but ask Polk first.

There isn't a crossover update from Polk, there is a crossover upgrade that you can do yourself or have an audio shop do for you. IIRC, your speakers use the SL2000, so there is an upgrade to the RD0194-1. It's a vast improvement.

cool thankyou!

Thread Information