Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Solid Silver Interconnects

I was out on ebay, looking for some deals on interconnects, and ran across a guy from North Jersey who makes and sells interconnects and other various items, and decided to give one a try.

I ordered a 2' solid 20 awg pair that are enclosed in teflon tubes, and then covered with a stranded wrap. They have silver plated copper rca's. I wanted it to go between SACD and pre as the 1m diamondback I have there was baggy and too long.

I really didn't know what to expect, but figured at $75 shipped I really could do worse.

I got it and looked at it carefully... Well made and very pro looking.

I plugged it from SACD to the Pre, and gave it a whirl.

So far... I can only notice that this cable is very neutral, and has a bit more tightness in the bass response than the AQ King Cobra's I had in there. Net net I contacted the seller and asked him to make me 2 sets of 3 footers, and 2 sets of one footers and he gave me a really nice deal. Actually all 4 sets cost less than 1 pair of 1m king cobra retail!!!

BTW once I get the rest of my cables I will give Polkies a nice deal on my King Cobra's

Here is his website...There is a link to his Ebay store. No Affiliation and Caveat Emptor but you may want to try one or five.

Nice bang for the buck.

http://www.ela-audio.com/#!rca-cables/c1yc2.
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's LSi 7's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS3 Directv Genie HD DVR Sony 55" 3D LED LCD

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's VR3 LSi 9's Audioquest Rocket 33's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre Solid Silver IC's, Pangea PC's

So I upgraded the rest of my IC's with the ela solid silvers; all components and amplification all have these. Most notable difference is that nothing sounds off or colored....very pure. I was reading an article which made sense to me, that silver being the best conductor makes sense for IC's as the signal goes thru virtually unchanged from source to destination device. I am sure this is highly debatable.
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's LSi 7's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS3 Directv Genie HD DVR Sony 55" 3D LED LCD

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's VR3 LSi 9's Audioquest Rocket 33's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre Solid Silver IC's, Pangea PC's

Member Sales Rating: (27)

That is an interesting website. I like his boomboxes...

The cables look nice though for sure
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The silver stuff is a hit or miss, but sometimes its a big hit. I bought the pangea solid silver usb cable and was blown away. My whole rig is silver cables from the platinum usb and platinum ic's to the big gold eclipse high purity silver speaker cables and it sounds fantastic!

Member Sales Rating: (37)

The best silver is a silver Porsche.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I've tried many cables over the years, silver,copper, palladium, mixed with all,some, even gold in the mix. Silver is great for sharpness of notes, lower bass slam, but the highs can be somewhat irritating and they aren't that great for musicality. Silver imho, needs to have balance with copper somewhere in the system. If you use silver IC's, use copper speaker wire.

Nice IC's..... may give em a try as I have heard that the DAC I use (Audio GD NFB-5) really likes silver. Also at least in my 2 channel system I can get away with really short cables (2ft max) which lets me get really good cables at really low prices.

Now the solid silver speaker cables that guy sells.... man those are steep. Thats where I would go with copper wire for sure
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Thread Information