Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3

    Post Need some advice with my new TSI-300... Ear height + Tweeter + Stands

    Hello, everyone.

    Nice to meet you all.

    I had the following system for the past two years, and now i had an opportunity to upgrade, i will explain below about my concern and doubts, and i hope you can help me out.

    Front Speakers: Polkaudio TSI200
    Center Speaker: Polkaudio CS10
    Surround Speakers: Polkaudio TSI100
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio PSW110
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509

    I was using some ELG stands with the TSI200 and the tweeter height was exactly in my ear height. Perfect.

    Now with my new upgrade below to:

    Front Speakers: Polkaudio TSI300
    Center Speaker: Polkaudio CS20
    Surround Speakers: Polkaudio TSI100
    Subwoofer: Sunfire HRS-12
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509

    The tweeter of the floorstanding speakers were way below the ear height level, so i had to make an small wood stand so now the tweeter is in my ear height, but since the speakers are downfiring, am i doing something wrong? I know that the floorstanding should be on the floor, but will i lose anything for using the speakers with the stands to be able to raise the tweeter to the ear height level ? I'm 6' 6.5" tall so i had to make these stands, otherwise the tweeter height would be very below the ear height.

    There is another issue with my new setup.. the floorstanding speakers are moving easily, i mean, just by touching it with my fingers, they move pretty easily, is it going to be a problem? I mean, they would never fall, but does that would make an impact on the sound quality? should i do something to fix this?

    Sorry for my bad english and i hope you guys can understand my concern.

    Thank you very much.

    Kind Regards,
    Queiroz

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Queiroz View Post
    Hello, everyone.

    Nice to meet you all.

    I had the following system for the past two years, and now i had an opportunity to upgrade, i will explain below about my concern and doubts, and i hope you can help me out.

    Front Speakers: Polkaudio TSI200
    Center Speaker: Polkaudio CS10
    Surround Speakers: Polkaudio TSI100
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio PSW110
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509

    I was using some ELG stands with the TSI200 and the tweeter height was exactly in my ear height. Perfect.

    Now with my new upgrade below to:

    Front Speakers: Polkaudio TSI300
    Center Speaker: Polkaudio CS20
    Surround Speakers: Polkaudio TSI100
    Subwoofer: Sunfire HRS-12
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509

    The tweeter of the floorstanding speakers were way below the ear height level, so i had to make an small wood stand so now the tweeter is in my ear height, but since the speakers are downfiring, am i doing something wrong? I know that the floorstanding should be on the floor, but will i lose anything for using the speakers with the stands to be able to raise the tweeter to the ear height level ? I'm 6' 6.5" tall so i had to make these stands, otherwise the tweeter height would be very below the ear height.

    There is another issue with my new setup.. the floorstanding speakers are moving easily, i mean, just by touching it with my fingers, they move pretty easily, is it going to be a problem? I mean, they would never fall, but does that would make an impact on the sound quality? should i do something to fix this?

    Sorry for my bad english and i hope you guys can understand my concern.

    Thank you very much.

    Kind Regards,
    Queiroz
    Hello Queiroz and Welcome to Club Polk,

    In as far as the upgrade from the tsi 200 to the 300 they are basically the same speaker. Think of the 300 as a 200 with a build in stands.

    My opinion is you step up to the 400 or 500 (as well the 500 is a much taller speaker so the tweeter should be at the height you want) if your budget allows.

    Cheers
    Roger
    Last edited by polk500; 11-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polk500 View Post
    Hello Queiroz and Welcome to Club Polk,

    In as far as the upgrade from the tsi 200 to the 300 they are basically the same speaker. Think of the 300 as a 200 with a build in stands.

    My opinion is you step up to the 400 or 500 (as well the 500 is a much taller speaker so the tweeter should be at the height you want) if your budget allows.

    Cheers
    Roger
    Hello, Roger.

    Thank you for your advice, but unfortunately i won't be able to purchase the TSI-500 (which are on my wishlist) at the moment, since here on my country the prices are very high, and i got this crazy deal for the TSI-300, and bought them for a price even lower of the TSI-200, so now i have two choices, keep the TSI-200 and sell the TSI-300, or stay with the TSI-300 and sell the TSI-200 with almost 2 years old for almost the same price that i've spent with the TSI-300 brand new.

    Do you think that because the floorstanding speakers of the TSI-300 are downfiring and i'm using them with a stand, i will still get a better sound quality with the TSI-200 with proper stands? I mean... even if i paid less for the TSI-300 than the TSI-200, there is no point if i'm gonna get a better result with TSI200 with proper stands, please anyone who understands my concern, please share your opinion it would be very helpful and very much appreciated.

    Thanks.

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Hello Queiroz,

    Well as for the 300 keep then if you got a good deal and sell the 200. As for stands I wouldn't bother as long as the tweeters are within two feet above or below your seating ear level they should sound fine.

    Your speakers are not down-firing, the ports on the bottom are designed to help the woofers produce bass.

    Cheers
    Roger

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polk500 View Post
    Hello Queiroz,

    Well as for the 300 keep then if you got a good deal and sell the 200. As for stands I wouldn't bother as long as the tweeters are within two feet above or below your seating ear level they should sound fine.

    Your speakers are not down-firing, the ports on the bottom are designed to help the woofers produce bass.

    Cheers
    Roger
    Thanks again, Roger, it's really good to know that the speakers are not down-firing because i was really worried about that, and the tweeter height is exactly 2 inches below my seating ear level, with the wood stands that i'm using with them, about the fact that the speakers can move easily, despite the fact that i've put some good bass songs to test if they would move, and i could not see any changes at all, but anyways, it would have some impact in the sound quality? do you think i should put something to make some weight so they don't move?

    Regards,
    Queiroz

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Hello again so if I'm reading this correctly you have the 300 on small stands if that's makes you happy leave then on the stands and yes I would try and secure then so they don't get knocked off but I don't think they would move from music vibrating the speakers.

    But if it was me and I have the 300 in my upstairs rig I would have then on the floor not on stands they sound great and they are designed as floor standing speaker.I've never had then move on me and let me state my girls have played then loud.

    Cheers
    Roger

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Tweeter Height
    By cokewithvanilla in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 09:44 PM
  2. RTi4 Surrround Stands/Height
    By dmcknight in forum Speakers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 04:05 AM
  3. M7's, stands, time alignment & tweeter height?
    By Jonesy in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 01:16 AM
  4. Satellite speaker stands and height/placement
    By Jerabel in forum Speakers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 10:02 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts