Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Default God Bless the P.I.

So far more than 1200 dead and screes more missing from what is believed to e the largest typhoon ever recorded. They are in my prayers...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (1)

My niece is in the middle of it. Out there doing charity work with the locals. They started moving inland days before it hit when they first were notified. Since everything is down, no way to contact her either. It's been 2 days so far with no word, we hope she's ok.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Satellite phones can be very useful in situations like these. Although they can be expensive.

Member Sales Rating: (12)

The Philippine government believes more than 10 THOUSAND souls could have been lost... pray for them in the days to come, and donate if you can. They will need a bunch of both to recover...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

It's being reported as the most powerful storm ever to make landfall - anywhere. Sustained winds of 200 mph. Tonyb hope your niece is OK.

US forces on the way to help. So sorry for those poor people.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Member Sales Rating: (26)

I just heard from a friend of mine who was in Manila when this hit. They were at an audio show with Micheal Fremer and some other hard core audiophiles when the storm made landfall. It wasn't until about an hour ago that they were allowed to leave the hotel and it was reported that even if they wanted to pay for it, the hotel would not provide any WI-FI access. It wasn't until today that they found out the true extent of the damage to their country. They are heartbroken and still haven't found out about some family members.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

Nice pics Tom. The sheer size of that thing is massive. Also, the Philippines has a lot of areas below sea level. Like a giant New Orleans...being hit by a giant Katrina 4 times the size.

Still no word on my niece, but communications are down all over and obviously only emergency communications will be up asap. With that kind of wind speed, I would imagine a lot of people died from being hit by something. I just hope my niece had enough sense to find higher ground and not stick her head out to see it all.

Yes, great pictures Tom. Utter devastation, hard to describe it otherwise. Something eerie, when you look at the far shot of Earth, the typhoon looks like a spiral galaxy with a black hole in the center...

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Unbelievable devastation. I do hope things settle. Unfortunately, I'm certain we will see more and more and more of this type of thing in the future. And, unfortunately, it most often hits the "poorer" areas that cannot afford the costs to rebound and rebuild?

cnh
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (16)

Aside from prayers - the victims of the typhoon may need donations....plenty of worthy sites are in need of donations.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Yes, please be praying for these people. I have a little girl that we're sponsoring through Compassion International. She means the world to Janey and I. From what I was able to find out, the area she lives in, near Puerto Princess was in a Signal 3 zone, 4 being the highest. Her name is Angelica, so please keep her and all these people in your prayers.

Erik, thanks for your thought on that. I would recommend Compassion International. Every dollar donated goes to help the kids and families.

http://www.compassion.com/typhoon-hits-philippines.htm

No spam intended, but if I'm breaking any rules, mods, you're free to edit.

Member Sales Rating: (23)

Wife from Cebu we have(HAD?) 2 ocean homes there as well as one in Bolinao which was untouched...a lot of her family in the military there so we have been in touch throughout.....easily a death toll into the 10's of thousands......

A tragedy of unthinkable proportions. I will keep the people from the PI and their extended families in my thoughts and prayers.
    Carl

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Prayers being said
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

For those who would like to donate, the American Red Cross is well organized and currently on location.

Red Cross Typhoon Appeal:
    https://www.redcross.org/donate/inde...Id=prod4650031

Tom

https://www.google.com/search?q=you-...a&channel=fflb

Here's a link to some local you tube videos. They are calling it Yolanda over there.

Tom

Thread Information