Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default DVD player help!!!

My DVD player is the weakest link in my system, and I want to replace it. I am looking for advice for the best picture quality(PQ)DVD player under $600 (preferably in the $300 range).
    I need opinions from people who actually have seen the output of the DVD players. For instance, don't say that the Pioneer 563A is great because of all its features that you read about, because in reality, my cheap Panny has a better PQ, and I know this because I demo'd both in my home.
    I'm looking for opinions from people who have seen the output of at least two different DVD players on their equipment, so they can say things like "My X player is better than my Y player, because my X player has less solariztion." (or something like that).
    Then maybe we can compose a useful list or matrix for comparison. Also be specific with model numbers.

Thanks,
    PolkThug

Oh yeah, this is in reference to how the output looks on an HDTV.

Surely, some of you have tried more than one DVD player on your HDTV's, right? I'm starting to think that the only thing a big widesceen HDTV is really good for, is HD broadcasts. I hooked up my Panny to my non-HD big screen, and the picture looked better in some ways, on the older TV, because there weren't really any 'pixelization', 'solarization', or any other problems associated with 'digital' displays. However, there is slightly less detail. Has anyone else reached this same conclusion?

So, now I'm stuck trying to figure out which DVD player will make a 480 source look the best on an HDTV.

Thanks,
    PolkThug

Originally posted by PolkThug
    So, now I'm stuck trying to figure out which DVD player will make a 480 source look the best on an HDTV.

Thanks,
    PolkThug
    Any thoughts, anyone? Bueller..... Bueller.... echo.... echo....

Thread Information