Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Picked up Stevie Wonder's "Songs In The Key Of Life" on BD-A last evening from a local dealer for $20. Only had time for a 30 minute listen so far, but sound was stunningly good. There are a few misses on this new format, but I'm really liking the ones I have so far, and the price has been right.
    Attached Images  

Picked up "Beethoven * Symphonies nos. 5&7" Wiener Philharmoniker - Carlos Kleiber

Wow! I just realized this Primus deluxe edition of Sailing The Seas of Cheese includes a Blueray Audio disk. I might have known that when I bought it, but had forgotten. Tomorrow it gets ripped to the music server.

Quote Originally Posted by voltz View Post
    Picked up "Beethoven * Symphonies nos. 5&7" Wiener Philharmoniker - Carlos Kleiber
    Heh, heh...........he said "Wiener"!...Heh.

Received my copy today. First impressions are good. It seems like the worst song for audio quality is "Imagine", for some reason. Quite a bit of hisssss and it sounds almost compressed, yet not so for the rest of the album which is quite good. Good separation and sound stage for stereo. This is a 2.0 disc, btw, with the usual 3 options for these HF Pure Audio discs. I don't own another version of this, so hard to compare. I was trying to keep in mind that it's 40+ years old.
    Attached Images  

Just finished listening to Beck's Sea Change after ripping it the server. Sounds quite good.

It comes with coupon to also download it. At first I thought this will save me some time, but the files are MP3S, whatever the 'S' means. I thought that was funny to offer MP3 files with a BR Audio disk.
    Last edited by BlueFox; 02-01-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Just finished listening to Beck's Sea Change after ripping it the server. Sounds quite good.

It comes with coupon to also download it. At first I thought this will save me some time, but the files are MP3S, whatever the 'S' means. I thought that was funny to offer MP3 files with a BR Audio disk.
    I wondered about that too. I have a couple with the d/l coupon but haven't tried it. On the other hand, the Sixteen Sunsets HF pure audio BD-A has "Mshuttle", in which you can upload to your pc as long as you have a networked BD player. Your choice of uploads is wav, mp3 or flac. I tried it in flac and it performed well. One thing though, this is the first one of these discs for me that is 5.1, but it only uploads in stereo.

I just got Sea Change by beck in the mail yesterday. I am extremely pleased with how this album sounds in multi-channel. I have a cheap sony blu ray player that doesn't have multi-channel analog outputs so I use the hdmi cable. My receiver is an older Marantz sr5001. It cannot decode the master hd files, so I send the signal as lpcm. Cannot wait for his new album to be released.

On a side note, I just got rca cables for the multi-channel outs for my Pioneer sacd/dvd-a player. I can now finally hear Elton John, NIN and Bob Dylan in 5.1.
    Klipsch kg1.5 mains, M&K center, Boston Acoustics surround, marantz sr5001, pioneer dv-46av, sunfire hrs12

I think the real crux of BluRay Audio is that it potentially could become a real replacement for CDs. Everyone will have a BluRay player eventually (much like everybody bought a CD player). I understand that many consumer BluRay players will not make these sound any better than a CD, but those of us who have something like an Oppo 95 or the likes, will definitely benefit in that all the music is not coming out on a superior format to CD (a 1980s technology). How can we not be excited about this prospect? Maybe is a little less in quality to SACD, but if all the music is now on a high quality lossless format, I think the audiophile community should be overjoyed. No longer would we have to wait around to see if it will ever be put out on SACD... We can get an lossless format no matter what. I hope it replaces CDs and for the first time, I see a format that logically can.

Coming March 25th. Pre-ordered mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Goodbye-Yellow...+john+blue+ray

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I have an Elton John concert BR disc recorded in DTSMA. Think it was Pinball wizard...possibly recorded in Vegas. The Audio is not good at all. Listened to it once....and in the cabinet it sits.

Hope you have better luck with yours Fox.

I'm optimistic. I have the CD and SACD, and both are fine.

Cool BF. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on the BD-A. I have the SACD as well, and as most know that have any of EJ's SACDs they're very well done. I'm curious to see how this version stacks up, please keep us posted...

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Are these only in 5.1 or is there a stereo layer as well?
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...