Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Default Need MW 6500 early version

Hi I posted this in the wanteds but I just do not think many people look at wanted ads so I am mentioning it here. I am looking for 1 or 2 of the original early (pre 1981) Polk MW 6500 driver with the gray edges Thanks

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by geppy1 View Post
    Hi I posted this in the wanteds but I just do not think many people look at wanted ads so I am mentioning it here. I am looking for 1 or 2 of the original early (pre 1981) Polk MW 6500 driver with the gray edges Thanks
    Your best bet is eBay. The early 6500s with the fiber gaskets do show up regularly. Some may not even have the typical Polk label on the back, and the basket is natural steel, not painted black.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ished...Almost
    Center: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, H-Nuts, BH5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

I was looking for a MW 6500 also. Found one on Ebay that said it was out of a Monitor 7 , was in good shape and sounded excellent. I bought it for the price he wanted plus the shipping, around $32.00. It arrived about 10 days late. When I unpacked it, it looked great. Pushed in on it gently and it did not budge.......it was frozen. Emailed the seller and he said he had another one that he would ship. Told him great but check the ohms and make sure it was not frozen. Told me it was fine and sounded great. Took about 2 weeks but it finally arrived yesterday. Packaging looked better than the first one and looked fine when I opened it. Gently pushed in on it and yes it is frozen also. Decided to put it in my 4a cabinet and try it anyway. Peerless tweeter sounds fine but of course the 6500 is not working. Sigh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Faustin View Post
    I was looking for a MW 6500 also. Found one on Ebay that said it was out of a Monitor 7 , was in good shape and sounded excellent. I bought it for the price he wanted plus the shipping, around $32.00. It arrived about 10 days late. When I unpacked it, it looked great. Pushed in on it gently and it did not budge.......it was frozen. Emailed the seller and he said he had another one that he would ship. Told him great but check the ohms and make sure it was not frozen. Told me it was fine and sounded great. Took about 2 weeks but it finally arrived yesterday. Packaging looked better than the first one and looked fine when I opened it. Gently pushed in on it and yes it is frozen also. Decided to put it in my 4a cabinet and try it anyway. Peerless tweeter sounds fine but of course the 6500 is not working. Sigh.....
    That sucks Bruce. I've had good luck with salvaged parts on eBay.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...ished...Almost
    Center: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...hannel-Project
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...rround-Project
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, H-Nuts, BH5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

www.dhsspeakerservice.com

Just buy two MW 6503's from polk @ $45.00 each w free shipping and call it a day? That's what I am going to do with my 7a's with one frozen driver. Good luck. D

I am considering 6503s as they were used in late 10Bs and the xover is the ame Problem is all these drivers sound slightly different

$32 for shipping???????????? Are you kdding me??? I have shipped $100s of things including polk drivers Shipping one driver is bertween $8 and $15 depending on who you use and how far

The total for the 6500 AND shipping was around $32.00. Sorry I did not make that clear. I have bought several other Polk drivers on Ebay and they have been fine. This was the first time (x 2 ) that it has not worked out. Not a big deal. Will continue to look around for a 6500.

Thread Information