Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I..ME...Mine ?? What the heck is that ? Aside from a reference to ones self ? Those 3 words can co-exist with compassion btw.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to protect, MY family, My money, MY rights. However I do see a problem when someone wants to take something of MINE, without MY permission.

See how that works ?

Member Sales Rating: (0)

I don't pretend to know how the unions work up there, but bashing teachers? Really? Yeah, even down here, a few give the lot a bad name. I had an English teacher who talked about how great this football player was that was in my Dad's class in '77. Amazingly, she taught there my Dad's junior and senior year. She bragged about how he had no idea how to read, so she gave him all his tests orally so he could pass. Ironically, my high school started wearing shirts that read "If you can read this..... Thank an English Teacher".

With that said, being a high school math and science teacher down here is a joke. You are in the minority, have every school wanting to hire you, and you make the same damn wage the pre-K teacher makes. If that's the case, why the hell do I want to teach after getting a math degree? Simple. I want to teach. I'm turning down more money elsewhere to do what I love. There are teachers that are in it for the long vacations and put in minimal effort to get through each year, but that case is rare at the high school level. The biggest issues here are the influences at home - most of the kids don't have any good ones.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Education is a whole other topic. Many...many areas of contention. Once again we lose sight of the goal and trade off for agendas. Such is the story of almost everything in our country today.

If the goal was to educate, which it should be, then the answers would be more clear and focused.

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    I..ME...Mine ?? What the heck is that ? Aside from a reference to ones self ? Those 3 words can co-exist with compassion btw.

I see nothing wrong with wanting to protect, MY family, My money, MY rights. However I do see a problem when someone wants to take something of MINE, without MY permission.

See how that works ?
    Reference from the George Harrison song about how full of our selves we ALL are. And how we can't for even one moment step outside that self-interested being and think about OTHERS. The Confucian scholar Mencius said that anyone who cannot identify with the sufferings of a COMPLETE stranger is NOT a human being.

What is it about that that seems so impossible to understand? And why are Americans so "worried" about their "rights". I don't see ANYONE taking them away. I just see a lot of nonsense about that?

There aren't many of us who have actually experienced a Communist Gov't now are there? I am not a fan. But I know and have lived in them and studied them. And the U.S. is NO China! What's the matter boys? Not ENOUGH FREEDOM here for you?

With regards to this thread. I don't care about the 2nd Amendment. People want guns, fine, have them! No one is taking that away, because they "can't". Get on with it instead of perpetually kvetching about it. It's a broken record already.

Geeesh! Talk about frustrating.

And teachers. Few countries respect teachers LESS than the U.S. Again, I know because I've lived outside the U.S. and I see how even a common school teacher is revered not maligned in various European countries and East Asian states. But, teachers in most of the Good 'Ol boy states make peanuts, it's a shame how LOW their salaries are. And you expect great performance and people while your society encourages the Hedge Fund boys with bonuses that make a teachers salary laughable. As for me I RESPECT everyone who is an employee who serves the people: Police, Firemen, Teachers, etc. Even our garbage men! These are the REAL professions not those bozos who put a strangle hold on the stock market ever day. And I would gladly give up half my salary to better those jobs and conditions!

I don't really disagree with the majority here. I'm only trying to suggest that we NOT sit pat on our beliefs and maybe just try for a brief moment to imagine "ourselves" as an other. Without being able to do that there is NO true knowledge that can be attained and we continue to repeat the same mistakes because we are "resentful" and "bitter" and all we can talk about is how everything extracts money from us. Have a heart for God's sake!

And realize that ANY institution that is run by MEN/WOMEN will have some corruption in it by default. That includes ALL BUSINESS and ALL GOV'T. The best we can do is try to rein in some of that as best we can. And to be "better" than that ourselves!

Mondays. Not always my finest! Oh the Humanity! Or lack thereof! lol

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 12-02-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

Member Sales Rating: (13)

And why are Americans so "worried" about their "rights". I don't see ANYONE taking them away. I just see a lot of nonsense about that?
    Obviously, you haven't been paying attention lately. They just outlawed a whole bunch here this year, so yeah they are taking away folks "rights".
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (45)

This year I lost my "right" to not have health insurance if I so choose. Now I must pay a fine if I don't want insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Conradicles View Post
    This year I lost my "right" to not have health insurance if I so choose. Now I must pay a fine if I don't want insurance.
    not to mention your right to your privacy or your right to disagree without being harassed by the irs and be called a racist
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Quote Originally Posted by Conradicles View Post
    See...now there ya go, using that "I" word CNH was talking about. According to some, your not to worry about yourself, but put others ahead of your own well being. If that's the case, then CNH won't mind sending me 1000 bucks of his, being compassionate and all that he is. lol

Yeah, that was ment to yank your chain CNH, frankly because I have no idea where your going with your assessments. You seem to be hitting extremes on either side with no middle as far as I can tell. Extreme greed, or extreme compassion beyond ones own self preservation.

BTW- your not the only one who has lived and witnessed poverty my friend. Poverty here in the states is a lot different than poverty in other countries, that's a fact. But I don't worry about other countries, I worry about my own first.

Member Sales Rating: (10)

Quote Originally Posted by brgman View Post
    We should ban teachers and teachers unions.They do more harm to our children than any gun has.
    More than 50% of high school "grads" cannot read at grade level.Not to mention their miserable math skills and basic social skills.
    What kind of future will they have? What kind of future will our country have?
    Thank a teacher!
    And their miserable useless union.
    Public school teacher here. Thanks for your glowing review of my value to society. Not going to waste my time trying to change your mind, I can recognize a hopeless battle without having to enter it.

When I was in school teachers called me stupid or retard a lot. If your a kid with issues like hyperactivity they treat you like total crap. Hard to learn when they place you in a corner where you can't even see the board.

Yea I have no compassion for teachers. Sorry
    Absolute corruption empowers absolutely.

Lg 55LW5600 TV
    Onkyo PR-SC 5508
    Legacy Audio Focus SE
    Legacy Audio Silverscreen HD center
    Polk F/X500i Rears
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Sunfire Grand Cinema
    Behringer iNUKE NU6000DSP
    Pair of CraigSUB SS-18.1

Thread Information