Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Anyone have any experience with "Networked Audio Players"?

There are two different units I am looking at. Does anyone have experience with either? Or comparably priced recommendations?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...mplifiers/N-30

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pa...oductId=NA7004

Quote Originally Posted by trav0810 View Post
    There are two different units I am looking at. Does anyone have experience with either? Or comparably priced recommendations?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...mplifiers/N-30

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pa...oductId=NA7004
    I looked at both of them and settled on a Logitech Squeezebox Touch.. Many also prefer the Sonos.

Neither of the Pioneer or Marantz do Spotify which was a must have for me.
    HT:Polk LSi c LSi 15's VR3 LSi 9's LSi FX's Dual DSW MP3K's Marantz AV7701 Sunfire TGA-7401 Oppo BDP-93 Sony PS4 Directv Genie HD DVR Samsung 64" Plasma

2 C: VR3 LSIM 703's Monitor 5B's SDA SRS 2.3's DSW MP 1K Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang 50Years Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's Tesla E83CC's Marantz 2385 Yamaha M80 Parasound 2100 Pre Squeezebox Touch Marantz SA8004 SACD Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Pre

Musical Fidelity M1 Clic is in that price range right now.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/Musical-.../#.UqaCIuIi21k
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

I don't actually do any of the "radio". I just want something to take music off of my hard drive and play it. I am hoping that the DACS on either of these units will be adequate enough that I won't have to buy an external DAC

Wow, that's a huge price cut on that Music Fidelity

Wow, that's a huge price cut on that Music Fidelity
    I actually just reached out to a local dealer to see if they had a demo unit on hand. I haven't seen anything about it really - not sure if its a solid product or not. Keep in mind that the unit is a bit long in the tooth for a digital product.
    Usher CP-6311, Shuguang S200MK, Shuguang S845MK, Pioneer BDP-51fd, Essence Audio HDACC, Douglas IC's, Douglas Alpha bi-wire SC's, Pangea/Douglas PC's, Epson 8100

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    I actually just reached out to a local dealer to see if they had a demo unit on hand. I haven't seen anything about it really - not sure if its a solid product or not. Keep in mind that the unit is a bit long in the tooth for a digital product.
    Yeah, but travis is just dipping his feet into digital and honestly that MFidelity unit looks VERY SWEET.....
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    No longer in the tooth than the Squeeze box classics I have been looking at. And it seems to offer a lot more value.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Whats so long in the tooth about it ?

You get a wireless network player wrapped around a MF M1 Dac with tons of inputs. If it sounds anything like the MF house sound, it's a steal at that price.

What....because it doesn't do DSD it's long in the tooth ? Don't put all your eggs in one basket as they say.

You're both right:

that's a huge price cut on that Music Fidelity
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    ....because it doesn't do DSD
    I keep seeing DAC MSRPs plunging everywhere I look. Can you think of another reason, other than new models (which do DSD), for this phenomena Tony? I have a Sherwood AVR & Sony DVD player, both of which do Dolby AC-3. There doesn't seem to be a market for them (other than the remotes). ;<) (sarchasm emoticon goes here)

Member Sales Rating: (9)

For $499, that's a sweet deal, just wish the wife's hours hadn't been cut not long ago.
    Staff Member TONEAudio[SIZE="1"]
    Blogger Site_ smallspacesaudio
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    2 Ch. System
    SimAudio Moon i7 int. amp
    MacBook/PureMusic/iTunes,1.5 TB hd
    SimAudio 300D DAC,
    Harbeth Compact 7es3 Spkrs
    Magnepan1.6 w/SkiingNinja x-overs
    Rega RP1 w/Ortofon Super OM40
    SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Additional Gear:
    ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom3, Virtue Audio int. amp, Vista Audio Int. amp, iPod 160 gig

Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    Whats so long in the tooth about it ?

You get a wireless network player wrapped around a MF M1 Dac with tons of inputs. If it sounds anything like the MF house sound, it's a steal at that price.

What....because it doesn't do DSD it's long in the tooth ? Don't put all your eggs in one basket as they say.

Not just DSD... but it has been on the market for two years, has a less than stellar USB input (where its really showing its age), and doesn't compete at its original price tag anymore. I'm not calling it out of date or a bad product (hence me reaching out to a local dealer), but it definitely isn't a $2000 product by today's standards. The $500 price tag makes it VERY attractive though, especially since the DAC section is identical to the M1DAC that sells for $700 right now. The $500 mark doesn't have a lot of strong competitors IMO, and there is always a chance that the price reduction makes it the one to beat if the 105 is out of reach.

The Stereophile review I found on it wasn't glowing, but I'm sure it would've been at a $500 price tag.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I would imagine since it's wireless capable, the usb input is somewhat rendered useless. Don't know too many using a USB unless it's hard wired to their 'puter.

Your right in the fact that it's not a 2g product. I'd be looking at Bryston if I was in that price category. 5 bones, even sub 1000 bucks it's worth it.

On another note, one has to wonder why a 75% reduction is taking place. Maybe it has some issues we are not aware of ? I dunno man, but a dac/pre/streamer for 5 bones with a MF heritage.....c'mon man.

It has piquedmy intrest to say the least. I just need to sell a couple extra pieces of gear to offset the extra cost!

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Musical Fidelity M1 Clic. I'll let you guys know what I think once it arrives.

Congrats! I was digging everything up I could on it and decided I needed to pass. If I weren't OK with eventually dropping the money for a 105, this might have already made it home. I think its a solid investment at 5 bills and you won't lose much on the used market if you decide to move it along. With that said, I think you'd have to spend substantially more money to get the perks that thing offers.

Definitely keep us posted on your impressions.

Video play isn't an option I'm looking for, so the price of the Oppo eliminated it immediately. I don't think for $500 I could find anything better so I'm willing to take a chance.

Video play isn't an option I'm looking for, so the price of the Oppo eliminated it immediately. I don't think for $500 I could find anything better so I'm willing to take a chance.
    Definitely makes sense. The video is just a bonus for me in my rig - my main concern is overall DAC performance. If that wasn't so high on the list, again the Clic would already be here. My impressions were that this would've been a somewhat lateral move sound-wise compared to my Pioneer. I'll know more about the Oppo in my rig come Jan. 25. I"m just hoping it ends up sounding the way I expect it to, otherwise I'm going to be lost at sea again.

The functionality of the Clic made me lull this over for about a week even with the SQ factored in. What are you going to be using it with?

It will be in my dedicated 2 channel rig. Modded Carver C-1, Tannoy SR840 Amp, SDA 2.3TL's. Any of my various mediocre CDPs.

Ahhh I forgot about that Tannoy amp. How is it working out?

It's love man! You can throw published specs out the window with this thing. It replaced a pair of Carver M1.0t MKII's and they never even came close to pushing my SDA's like this does. I don't know all the "buzzwords" to use, but the bass it produces is amazing. It's not about low or loud bass, but it's the kind you actually feel in your chest. It has "snap".

Thread Information