Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default what really grinds my gears

Being home because of disability I seem to watch way to much tv.Yes I have a good stereo and tunes o' plenty, yes I have movies and yeah I read a bit also but tv consumes me and I notice way to much stuff.OK, the first and most irritating is this blurring out of logos,this drives me nuts.Look I know people pay for advertising but to blur out a mail truck or bulldozer's name or any of the miriad of logos not seen is just crazy.I can understand license plates and competing sponsers or a profanity laced t-shirt but such mundane things as a team logo is wacky.There is one 'reality show' producer who is famous for this and has a bunch of shows on tv now and is Thom Beers.Deadliest Catch is real and I have no problem w/ the show but he does it there.When I saw it on Storage Wars I said this whole show is staged and total B.S.They go into the dramatic opening of the lockers and there I saw multiple boxes w/ their logos taped over,not to seal them mind you but to block the logos which means they had have been in these lockers before hand did the deed and relocked it.I don't know anyone when pressed to move block out logos on packing boxes,do you?Also if you think there are just 5or 6 major players in this type of buisness in California your nuts.Another horrible show and I mean really bad is Amish Mafia.In the teases you see a dude shooting an AR-15 and other guns (very uncool after the mass shootings) but wow did anyone ever get shot on the show and do you really think the Pennsylvania State Police would allow this this nonsense to go on when it's allegedly captured on film I don't think so.Then you have the slew of illimination type shows which have really seen it's time and they should just go away and then the copy cat of shows ,once there is a formula that seems to work it's used by way to many producers looking to cash in.There is more but you get the idea.
    I know I know litghten up it's just entertainment, but under the guise of REALITY tv makes me just scream at the screen.

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Yeah, that, and overly long paragraphs.

Agree - Lew you've got to work on using the enter button, break things up a bit. It makes it much easier to read your posts.

Reality TV is not. Whenever a camera is present it changes how people behave. The worst reality show concept IMO is the various survivor shows. These people are supposed to be on their own in the wild, struggling to survive and yet there's a film crew present !?!?!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Yeah, I know I'm terrible w/ this machine. I think I know how to speak but when it comes out on the page I do tend to ramble. I still like telephones so you hear a persons attitude inflections and so on.English major no not even close.Survivor has been on for ages now and I do get this show.They have Drs.and medics on hand if there are life threatening scenarios.They took that formula and made cooking,house design,clothes design,shooting, fishing and that dude Bear Grylls has his own same type show.We also can throw in Trump's nonsense and more all from that one show.Thick heavy snow coming down in Jersey ,almost white out conditions...

Yup, I also wonder just how real most of my "reality" shows are like "Gold Rush Alaska". You know they have to have all kinds of behind the scene's help from medic's to medicine to power etc.

Shows like many of the ones on Discovery I think are "closer" to "real" than the other ones. Hence why I rarely watch any reality TV shows but for one or two on Discovery.

I used to like Amazing Race since it seemed to be at least "real" situations the people were put in. But then it got repetitive.
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

Office: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | DIY Pass BOSOZ| Parasound HCA-1200ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

Bedroom: Uverse | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

Sales Rating
    Gear

I think that least some of the blurring is done by software - recognition by computer algorithms. Google does this on their pictures taken from cars.
    Front - Polk LSiM 705, Center - Polk LSiM 704c, Rear - Polk LSi 7
    Subwoofer - Epik Legend
    Receiver (as Preamp) - Sony STR-DA3400 ES
    Amplifier - Outlaw 7125
    Television - 58" Samsung Plasma PN58B860
    Blu Ray - OPPO BDP 83

They all pretty much suck. I do watch "Chopped" with the wife on occasion.
    It's better to burn out, than poop your pants

CDM 1NT; B&W CDM CNT; Parasound HCA-1000a; Infinity us 1; Velodyne DEQ-8 x2; Pio Elite VSX-23; Sony SCD-CE595 SACD, Marantz CD5001, [/COLOR]

Member Sales Rating: (6)

This is what happens when your country is run by lawyers. We've become the United States of lawsuits.

Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD (flac)
    DAC/Preamp: Benchmark DAC/PRE
    Power Amp: Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers: Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 Monitor
    Cables: Kimber Hero/8TC; DH Labs D-75

In a nut shell this is hollywood on the cheap, little to no writers needed and America's obsession with being the fly on the wall mentality.
    Most of these shows have no real entertainment value without the drama (fights and other negative behavior). We can thank COPS and MTV (Real World) for this down grade of Primetime entertainment.
    Family Room HT 7.1:
    Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Pioneer Elite BDP 95FD Pioneer Elite DV 47Ai Pioneer Elite MD53 SlimDevice Transporter Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers
    Upstaris media room:
    Pioneer VSX D510 Sony PS3 Squeezebox Classic 3 Polkaudio Monitor 40 II fronts CSR Center
    Master bedroom:
    Pioneer VSX 520k Pioneer BDP 330 Squeezebox Classic 3 Polkaudio Monitor 40 II fronts, Rears Optimus LX5s CS3 center Acoustic Audio sub

recoveeryone, your so right to a point.In the so called reality realm there is very little there and to top it off when one show hits big you have competing shows on different networks.Take Chopped as denronb1 alluded to, that's an exact copy of Top Chef only much worse.Now you have spin offs of spin of offs go figure that one out. TV tried to bounce back w/ some good programming like Breaking Bad and the long staying Law and Order series and that's gone now.The field is thin as a genre for while now.I do like Fast and Loud but here again there are multiple car shows either on rehabbing or auctioning.

Quote Originally Posted by mdaudioguy View Post
    Yeah, that, and overly long paragraphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by drumminman View Post
    Agree - Lew you've got to work on using the enter button, break things up a bit. It makes it much easier to read your posts.
    And put two spaces between the end of sentance and the start of the next. Typing is really not that difficult.

Talking

And remember... punctuation is your friend. :o)

Inside Combat Rescue.

Our air medics who fly out to rescue soldiers, whether its ours, afghan soldiers, or civilians working with us.The injurys shown, and the bravery and devotion of our guys, as well as afghans who risk everything to try to help us help them, is just staggering.

Heartbreaking, and much of the time, nerve wracking, as our boys have to decide whether an area is safe to go into for a rescue operation, and many times the reason for going in is that someone has strayed into a mine field, or been hit by an IED, and they know many times they are waiting for someone to show up, then they detonate another.

Nothing fake here, not even video they get from home of their babys they have sometimes never met.
    humpty dumpty was pushed

Here comes Honey Boo Boo and The Simple Life (Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie)! Now THAT'S good stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by teekay0007 View Post
    Here comes Honey Boo Boo and The Simple Life (Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie)! Now THAT'S good stuff!!
    I thought TV could sink no lower, and then shows like these debut. Mind numbingly idiotic, and that's only the advertisements for them.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer

Thread Information